Some information regarding my first evocations

Hi all…I would like some advice on how to perform my first evocations…
I would like to evoke Duke Sallos, King Belial, and King Paimon, each with their own separate evocation rituals…I have never done evocation before and would like some advice…I have their sigils and the required incense (sandalwood, still waiting on frankincense), candles (white)…and will get the dagger soon…what else would i need and does the candle colors matter?

2 Likes

You should use black or dark blue candles…but really I don’t think you will fail because of the color of the candles.

Use the search feature to look up and read stuff about evocations. There’s a lot there that will help you.

Also, if you feel so inclined, summon the power of the Google and find some documents about enns, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you

When working in a room, it may also be used a colored light. For Sallos (I believe his corresponding planet is Venus) a green lamp or normal one, “attaching” green cardboard/glass. Otherwise, contacting Goetics, a generic blue, violet or indigo.

1 Like

Also pay attention to ALL of your sinces. You may not hear or see them but you may be able to notice a change in temperature or smell something unusual.

3 Likes

If you are going for your first then the immersion aspect is of greater importance than any tool you could bring. Personally, I would become borderline obsessed with ONE of them, to make the immersion and connection more significant. It will dramatically increase your likelihood of success for your first time. I do not feel candle color means anything to anyone involved but you. Keep in mind that magicians were using plain uncolored candles for centuries, to great effect.

2 Likes

@Woodsman81
Immersion aspect?

1 Like

The first essential component to an evocation. EA goes into length on the subject in Evoking Eternity. Essentially you spend some time before your evocation getting to know every thing there is to know about the spirit. Preferences, personality, history, etc, so you know the spirit almost as if it is an old friend. This assists the evocator in multiple ways, not the least of which is getting you to EXPECT your guest. I suggested 1 at first because it will really give you a chance to form a pre-fabbed kind of link, and a focused, quality one at that. Some might say otherwise, but I feel immersion is a must. To this day I still go into the process for at least 10 days or so prior to working with a new spirit.

2 Likes

@Woodsman81 [quote=“Woodsman81, post:8, topic:17683”]
Essentially you spend some time before your evocation getting to know every thing there is to know about the spirit. Preferences, personality, history, etc, so you know the spirit almost as if it is an old friend. This assists the evocator in multiple ways, not the least of which is getting you to EXPECT your guest. I suggested 1 at first because it will really give you a chance to form a pre-fabbed kind of link, and a focused, quality one at that.
[/quote]

Thank you very much…I will focus on Duke Sallos then…I will try to find out everything I can about him…
but any advice you can give regarding him would be much appreciated…

1 Like

I would if I could, but I have never worked with him. Try meditating on his sigil while chanting his enn. You might be surprised at what pops into your head, seemingly out of nowhere.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it…I’ll start meditating on his sigil from tomorrow.