Some information about Djinn

DJINN

Once gods, but now mostly evil spirits. Jinns have been associated with Arabic mythology since the pre-Islamic invasion. The species of these creatures are different, they are usually hostile towards humans, but they have a lot in common with the human race.

The word jinn comes from “jana”-“hidden”. For this reason, jinns are not visible to people, but they live in parallel with them.

According to Arabic myths, the jinn were created from pure flame much earlier than humans. In the pre-Islamic era, jinns were worshipped as gods in northwestern Arabia, and also in Palmyra. There, these gods were called “jinnai” and were distinguished by their benevolence towards people. Islam demonized the jinn, and Christianity had the same influence on the pagan gods.

Separates humans, angels, and jinns. The latter were settled on earth, but after the planet plunged into bloody wars and immorality, God sent Iblis with a horde of angels to it. And only then, after restoring order, Adam appeared.

Djinn are divided into good and bad. The good jinn are distinguished by righteousness, while the bad ones sided with Iblis and automatically joined the forces of evil.

Djinn have great similarities with humans, they are both female and male. Arabic folklore calls female individuals jiniri. Djinn need food, they create families and raise children, and djinn, despite their long life expectancy, are mortal.

They know how to influence a person’s mind. They do this for various reasons. But as a rule they want to do harm.

★ Types and images of djinn

In the Middle Ages, jinns became popular characters in Arabic folklore. They mostly performed the roles of evil spirits. In the tales of the Thousand and One Nights, genies are also negative characters.

The most popular image of the genie was the image of one of the acting characters in the fairy tale “The Magic Lamp of Aladdin”. And there is indeed more than one such image in the definition of several species.

The images of the jinn are different, as are their skills. Djinn are able to transform into humans, animals, and even plants.

★ Ifrit

The most popular type of djinn. Firstly, that’s why he really looks like that fairy-tale character. Secondly, they are considered the highest caste of jinn. It is not uncommon for them to be separated from djinn altogether as a separate species. Ifrits are closely related to the element of fire, they appear accompanied by it. They are very good at magic. They often live in carpets, and the person who caused the Ifrit is given the opportunity to make three wishes. But do not rush, an Ifrit does not have a great love for the human race, it can deceive or confuse.

Iblis ifrit is made of pure flame. He was so beautiful that God placed him in heaven. But pride overshadowed Iblis’s mind and he ended up in hell. Now he and his infernal warriors seduce, test and provoke the human race into a sinful life day after day.

There is also a myth about three Ifrits who were guards of Lucifer’s throne. At a certain point, one of the Ifrits decided that he could take Lucifer’s place. The Ifrit raised an uprising, which turned out to be unsuccessful. Lucifer sent the rebel under the waterfall.

They look like people, but instead of legs they have flames and wings.

★ Marids

Marids are identified with the water element. Such djinn are distinguished by their good mastery of magic and are cannibalistic. They are capable of minor dirty tricks to people. In the tales of the Thousand and One Nights, the Marids living on a small island tried to enslave people. They did this by climbing on the necks of travelers.

Marid’s body looks like a sea wave, and the color is appropriate. Marid can take on the appearance of an old man with white hair and beard.

★ Silates

This kind of jinn represents the element of air. Silats are peaceful and even grant wishes just like that. But their character is changeable, so you need to use the favor of the strongmen right away, then they may change their mind. They differ in the speed of flights, they simply cannot be caught up. Air silats are characterized by a blue body color.

★ Ghouls

The fourth kind of djinn. They are very different from the previous three. These creatures are attached to the jinn, which is why Islam considers jinns to be evil spirits. And ghouls definitely fall under the characteristics of evil spirits. They are able to change their appearance, as a rule, they take on a female one. Therefore, ghouls are considered female. This kind of jinn does not fulfill desires. Ghouls feed on human flesh.

They are usually described as creepy creatures, often with hooves instead of feet. The skin is bluish, covered with mucus. In the European part, ghouls are described as walking corpses that are severely disfigured.

★ Cutrubs

Ogres are giants who do not possess any magic. But, like ghouls, they can change their appearance. They only transform into men. In addition to their large size, physical strength and the ability to levitate, these giants do not stand out in any way.

They look like massive and hairy giants.

★ Straps

Old men who climb on people’s necks and chase them. This is what this species does. It does not apply directly to djinn, it is considered a kind of ghouls. But they are extremely reminiscent of the Marids, who are also able to appear in the guise of old people and jump on people’s necks.

They are met on the roads, infirm and unable to walk. Fragile and pathetic old men do not have a large body weight, but they have strong legs.

2 Likes

Djinns are so cool and one of the most dangerous too! I would love to work with them but I heard they hate humans so I do not bother.

2 Likes

Yes, there is a lot of information about them, as well as names and sigils. But working with them is really problematic because of their attitude towards people. Probably some of the most complex entities I’ve ever interacted with .
They bring more problems than benefits.

1 Like

How would you rank them in power compared to demons listed in the goetia?

1 Like

They really can do a lot. But if you can conclude a pact with demons with strict observance of certain conditions on each side, but in the case of Djinn, they always benefit from any contract, while there is a high probability of causing big problems with their defense. It can be called a cruel joke on their part, they are funny guys. Only these jokes are not funny and may end badly for the summoner.
Their behavior is difficult to predict. They are like fire, very changeable and uncontrollable. I would not recommend contacting them for beginners.

1 Like

I saw her blue hands once, I am nearly a 100% sure my “succubus” is a silat djinn.

1 Like

Also do you have more information on silats or books?

There is a lot of information, I will try to publish it when my schedule becomes more free.

1 Like