Some help from someone who knows Greek

Some help from person who knows Greek will be much appreciated.
Is this pronunciations correct?

And is the whole incantation pronunciation correct:
https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=el&tl=en&text=Phnounebeê%2C%20δώσε%20μου%20τη%20δύναμή%20σου%2C%20Abrasax%2C%20δώσε%20μου%20τη%20δύναμή%20σου%2C%20γιατί%20είμαι%20Abrasax.
Is someone tried to work with these authentic stuff?
Traditions of Magic: Recipe-Books Display
Last question:
What is better? To translate whole incantation or only parts from it? It will become mix Greek and Bulgarian otherwise.
Edit: I’ve seen the links can be opened properly from desktop PC only. “Properly” means displaying Greek words in Google translate. Here is the incantation:
“Phnounebeê (2 times), give me your strength, iô Abras[ax,] give me your strength, for I am Abrasax.”
Edit2: In order to open pronunciation under mobile device you must open the links in a browser. Not from Google translate application.

1 Like

I have no Idea what language “Phnounebee” is, but It’s not really greek… Does it mean “Phoebe”? Or something else?

This is the correct greek word for Abrasax → https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=el&tl=en&text=Αβράσαξ

The greek words are pronounced correctly, the whatever language the other things are, no.

And no, I’m not working with these things.

You can translate the whole part in your language if you like, or in english, it doesn’t really matter. The best, for me, is each incantation to be used in the original form, but if that is not possible then use whatever language you feel comfortable with.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input here. Much appreciated. Yes. There are embedded in the invocations voces magicae , “magic words,” (i. e., non-Greek words and names which were considered to possess great power). Phnounebeê is one of them.

2 Likes

I think tnis may need (book) Hermetic Magic by Stephen Flowers?

We don’t trade PDFs on here but there may be infos found via internet search :thinking:

3 Likes

I’ve seen some similar words in Papyri Graecae Magicae which is “Graecae” mostly on name only :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks. I have found this thing long time ago. There are several reusable things. For example there are evocation of Hecate for craft dream on crossroad. Didn’t try anything until now.

3 Likes

The first thing you should do is translate all of the spell work into a language you can understand. If your asking questions it means you still don’t have a complete answer. You should investigate all this on your own and formulate your own spell work and incantations to come up with your solution before your casting or ritual.

1 Like

It’s not perfect but it’s much much better than some self-claimed “experts” that not even Greeks can understand them.
For the word “Io” (it’s not used in greek) I think the pronounciation is much like the lovecraftian “Iä” but with an “o”. For example Iä ! Iä ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! - YouTube

1 Like

Especially this incantation is 100% authentic and I trying my best to reproduce it as it was sounded 2nd century A.D. Thanks!
Edit: It seems there are two entities mentioned. Phononeby and Abrasax. Hopefully for them pronunciation will be enough good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeap I understood that “Phnounebeê” is a name :slight_smile: Abrasax is a known word, connected with the great Archon. I’m not working with these entities so sadly I can’t help much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I’ve deleted the record.

1 Like