Solidarity or a coven?

Which one would the members here recommend to people new (ridiculously new, not a sliver of knowledge) to magick, such as myself?

What are the pros and cons? How would one even reach out to a coven?

3 Likes

A good coven would be ideal, if apprenticeship to a talented sorcerer that is also good at passing on that knowledge is not available. Finding one would be tricky as a newbie and a bad coven will likely stunt your growth. I’d join a coven only if one that feels right happened across my path. I’ve found that solitary works better for me but everyone learns and grows differently

1 Like

I believe it’ll be a lot harder for me to pick up on the knowledge I need without a guiding hand but finding that someone seems like a dauntless task here in Finland where people are so scarce :sob:

2 Likes

We Finns also tend to keep these kind of things close to the chest. There might be more practitioners around your area than you’d believe. I mean I live in DELETED and neither know or have any interest in knowing other witches, sorcerers etc in this city

3 Likes

I’m from Hyvinkää myself but you’re probably right haha. I just wish there was a big sign above people saying “practitioner right here!”, would definitely make my life a lot easier! Thank you for the input though :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll send you a tutorial for a method of soul travel in the meantime. :smiley:

4 Likes

Solidarity Pros:

• Nobody can tell you what to do.
  • You don’t have to share anything.
  • You can do magick on your own time.

Solidarity Cons:

• If you get lonely easily, than this isn’t the path for you.
  • Even if you’re not part of a coven, finding people to talk about magick with IRL is hard.
2 Likes

Honestly, this is the worst con for me. There’s times I can’t be online days in a row, having someone irl to share thoughts and discuss with is just so much more convenient :sob: Thanks for your input!

4 Likes

I have always been into the occult, and lucky to find someone to teach me and guide me to some good books, unfortunately it ended in kind of a bad way. However, that event lead to opening my husband up to it so we are learning together.

3 Likes

Don’t let a little pissant thing like “reality” stop you having what you want my friend! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would choose solo for a while then group so you expand your “pallet” so to speak, then back to solo because eventually you’ll only get so far with a group until you have to go back to walking your own path.

2 Likes

Covens are very important cause a ritual in a group is more powerful than a solo. Besides initiations are totally empowering and help you shift your vibration. You can even feel it!! :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been a solitary and @Astral13 and I are starting a coven. So far just the two of us since neither of us know anyone else in The LHP in the Quad Cities. I can tell you now you will probably learn faster when you have the support of others around you in your town but you also run the risk of falling into rigid practice and people telling you what to do. I think the best covens are made up of people who, have similar beliefs but a sense of equal participation and mutual respect. If you don’t have that then it’s better to go it alone.

6 Likes

When you learn the language of symbolism you will be able to spot people who are into what you are into. Also when you get a little bit more psychic that makes it easier to spot fellow practitioners.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear it turned out well for you. Thank you for the input.

Lady_Eva, you’re blowing my mind here! :exploding_head:

This is brilliant advice. Joining a group temporarily seems like a great idea but is there any coven or apprenticeship out there really looking for “temp” members? :laughing:

I’ll keep it in mind in the future. Thanks for the input, Rav!

I’ll keep these words close to my heart when making a decision. Excellent advice though, should definitely look into symbolism! Thank you for your input!

3 Likes