Social Media makes you Depressed

Yep, that’s why we have multiple chat threads, meme threads, over half a dozen music threads, a food thread, a Bar thread, and a cute animals thread and…

Seems pretty social to me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree completely, that’s why I have an account on only 3 social media’s, and only post probably twice a year, just use it to keep up on things.

1 Like

when i hear social media, it refers to meeting people not forums format. THey are like instagrams, whatsapp, facebook. tinder. snapchat. for hookups etc… Mainly the type that allow you to post stuff pics/photos videos.

I distinguish differences between wasting time and learning sites. Most social media waste time unless doing it for business. Forums are more learning sites not social media focus with tons of ads.

4 Likes

Well, forums are considered to be social media by most people so…it’s really just semantics. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

To the OP, that’s not social media’s fault. People are like that anyway, offline as well as online. It’s just more obvious when it comes to social media. They need to think in more healthy ways - instead of comparing themselves to others, etc. That’s a problem that’s been around for Gawd-knows how long. :wink:

3 Likes

Depends why you use social media. Do you do it for knowledge like this forum here, or do you do it for crazy mundane reasons like showing off or looking through people’s lives?

I guess many unstable people are viewing social media, and thus this has been made an epidemic.

2 Likes

In my opinion, if you cannot handle social media don’t be on it.
Work on stabilizing yourself mentally. Many people don’t much about themselves.

Many people hang onto others because they think that is all they have. They get married because they think they NEED love. They have friends because they think they would be too lonely without them.

Stabilize yourself enough, so that even if you are all alone, you would still be peaceful.
Even if all your social media buddies have what you desire, you will still be peaceful.
I recommend this before even going on social media

You should know yourself first and foremost in this reality. It makes you more centered.

4 Likes

Good topic IMO! :+1:

Forgive me repeating something I posted previously:

8 Likes

I’m that person who’s life on the outside makes people envious, expensive holiday tours, pictures every weekend with friends at fancy restaurants and bars , parties . But in reality I am extremely lonely and heart broken and can’t really remember when I was actually happy the last time , so I can tell you social media is bullshit and nothing is real !

6 Likes

I was going through the same thing until I discovered that I am a social being that requires exchanging information at all times for my the subsistence.

It means that if I find that in social networks there are traps of all kinds for attention in non-digital reality too.

My depression followed me even if I wasn’t on Instagram, so I started to change a little what I consumed, educate the algorithm, do not forget physical alternatives.

I remember not having the will to fix mundane things, so I started digitally and successfully reflected on the tangible.
I’ve learned wonderful things, I made social media a window towards certain arts that express the beauty of humanity, I am not denying what has been proven, but I do not deny adaptation either. Internet and sociability have brought me advances for my “ascension.”
I’ve also shared personal projects through facebook and I’ve had successful results, I talk about money.

:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

So much yes :+1:
Couldn’t have said it any better.

2 Likes

Hahahahhahaha

1 Like

Meh :unamused: social media. I haven’t have one besides this forum (if this counts) since 2010. I realized it was more trouble than benefits. Too much distractions in life why add another. Just my take on the cake. To each it’s own.

2 Likes

the rich that created social media ban their kids from social media. Even the rich parents i know ban their kids from tv and social media

3 Likes

Tell me about it!!! Social media is a home wrecker and relationship killer! My relationship got severed because of social media as my fiancé made some new friends who are social media influencers and he is smitten by their social media facade - all the glorious posts and poses and he gets tagged for his 5 seconds of fame! He never used to use social media before but now he is addicted posting pics and such!!! Now this post had got me thinking as to how I can use Magick to give up Instagram and Facebook!

3 Likes

I agree, my use is very limited…it’s poisonous if you can’t see though it

1 Like

I used a few socia media things in the past. It annoyed me at how so many people put themselves on the pedestal just because they got the best selfies or whatever other shit. This forum is the only social media i have these days, and i love it so much because we all relate so much and everybody’s more serious (and humorous too!) And helpful to each other.

3 Likes

Tv is shit!! The news especially, social media is full of crap like the church, I only use this site and sometimes YouTube to watch videos other than that I don’t have IG, FB , SC, etc… I

2 Likes

I watch online streams for shows. I avoid commercials. facebook is ocassional and rare. Just to check up on ex to see if spell working. This the only forum i’m active on due to learning.

2 Likes

I used to have a facebook account, i have been through social media addiction which is the worse, however i decided to stop using these platforms cause it can psychological effects. Even if you delete your account permanently they will still store your information on their databases which is illegal, thats why many companies like facebook faced legal charges during the past few years. Even if you have broken up with a ex you still have access to their public profiles which makes you a stalker
I only have this account and a utube acnt