So I walked into an occult shop yesterday

Is that black quartz?

1 Like

I have no idea and didn’t ask.

Sometimes I feel like moving to New Orleans just for the quality occult shops.

This is what inspired me to become an occult craftsman.
The low level bullshit sold by most shops is an outright insult to the noble trade of precious items of magickal variations.

The particular case I remember is that one time I ordered a wand, got it, and it was a poor lead cast wand with a colored plastic “crystal”.
It broke the first week or so, and since that point I resolved to take matters into my own hands.

3 Likes

That is pretty bad to have a wand break within the first week. If its that bad I might as well just use a little kids fairy princess wand, because it would last way longer, or better yet an old tree branch.

2 Likes

@Jastiv when in doubt, make your own tools.
Look at my altar, I made it myself and spent maybe $50 on it.
Breaking Down My Portable Ritual Altar

1 Like

Yes I moved to Pensacola FL recently, thought there would be lots of shops… Nope. My home town of Birmingham AL had " books beans and candela" on the south side of town it is the shit.but even it had only right hand path stuff.

In California there is an occult shop that I love and go to regularly the store has plenty of insences (some of these mixtures are made in house i think) lots of books (but admittedly some are just there to fill the shelves) and it’s honestly very crowded with stuff, but out of the many stores I’ve been to in Cali, this might not be the best stocked or the fanciest, but points of light has one of the best and most genuine shopkeeps I’ve met. She follows the Egyptian God’s, but is very knowledgeable in many areas, and what I can most appreciate is that I’ve never seen her give anything but a straight answer, and a quite blunt one at that. None of the Bs I’ve gotten at some other shops. Now I can’t vouch for the reader or healer that works in the back as I’ve never used their services but for me if she can trust them than so can I. Also for crystals there are plenty that are in bins and go for I think 1.25$ and are admittedly small but they also carry some larger forms of certain ones. But I personally appreciate the cheap and small crystals, for some friends of mine that thought negatively of magic in general, the cheap and accessible crystals made it quite inviting to get them into crystal magik and eventually magik as a whole

2 Likes

My local flea market as stones, incense and ritual objects you can convert into on the cheap.

Points of Light in Long Beach? Yeah, that place was good when I lived nearby.

1 Like

Yeah I love that place

1 Like

I’m about 30 minutes away so I might check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reading this thread makes me happy I live so close to The Sojourner. They are not the best when it comes to the heavy occult topics, but they are certainly getting better at accommodating LHP magicians to go with a decent book collection, bulk herbs of every kind, and various useful knick knacks, bits, and bobs.

The first occult shop I ever went into was The Broom Closet in Salem, MA. I remember going with my friend who found out I was becoming more involved in witch craft and she told me “OMG! IM TAKING YOU TO SALEM!” Granted, this was about 15 years ago, before Salem reaaaaally dove off the resident yuppie professionalism-tourist trap train.

So, I was looking at tarot decks, I had the dragon deck in my hand and then another deck fell onto my foot and it happened to have been created by a guy with the same last name as me. My friend freaked out and bought me the deck and then we got pizza and soda and walked around town that crisp November evening with salty sea air blowing through the town :slight_smile:

Now I live in the middle of nowhere in the pacific and would sacrifice a baby if it meant getting a decent fucking occult shop here. Bloody Christians ran the last one out of town here.

1 Like

Your post should have been mine. OK?
Well said! We are ad idem.

Al.

I don’t go into shops like this anymore. Any ingredients that I can’s source locally from the woods, fields and beaches, I get either on amazon.com or Etsy.

I’m still a bit new, but have you heard of Black Witch Coven on YouTube, etc? She also has a website with tons of useful information, but also has an online store on her site that is pretty helpful/useful, in my opinion.

If you want one in your town, now with Christianity falling apart more than ever, you might try magick to get one there. (and no need to sacrifice a baby either, that would be counter-productive)

1 Like

Did it hurt? You walking into the occult shop, I mean. Did you leave a dent in the building? or did the building leave a dent in you? :rofl:

It is even more difficult in Texas. Although, Houston has some decent shops, they don´t all have a brick and mortar storefront though and that can make it difficult to get a feel for the items in question or even who you are doing business with.

1 Like