So, I got a little high last night

There’s a small CBD store in town, and I bought a little gummy edible. My goal was going to do this for meditation, but I wanted to see how it would affect me otherwise.

The stuff kicked in around 11:30. I tried watching TV, but it was too much for me. I tried going to bed, but I could feel everything. I could feel the way the blanket would get tangled in my arm hair. I could feel every breath I took. I could even feel this stuff buzzing through my body, like Chakra in Naruto. I was warm and moist, but I was looking for cool and dry.

The sensations were driving me crazy, so sleep was out of the question. Being active helped mitigate the effects, though it felt like every action I took was new. In fact, it felt like I was a child experiencing life for the first time.

My mind needed an activity to focus on, something with a goal in mind. I tried my usual activities; writing, games, reading about Magick, and other creative endeavors. Though I just couldn’t get the creative juices flowing. In fact, it felt like I was an entirely different person. Someone who just wanted to be productive as opposed to creative.

I ended up doing school work; sending much needed emails, reading my text book, that sort of thing. Every task was 20x more complicated then they usually were, including the reading, but I was determined. I managed to get through two parts of the first chapter before I went to bed.

It was around 1:30 by that point, and I noticed the stuff was wearing off. So, sleep was a lot easier then.

I’m not sure I know what to interpret from this experience.

1 Like

CBD shouldn’t do that, it should not or hardly be psychoactive. That’s THC territory
THC gummies can be crazy, do you know how large the dose was?

I’m a little jealous. I’ve got quite the tolerance and usually when I make/ take something edible that is a little too much I have a similar experience like you had for a short time before I usually get really tired and just pass out and wake up an hour or two later.

But yeah, this sounds exactly like a THC edible that was a little too strong for you.

The edible was this round gummy the size of the finger nail of my thumb. The guy said take half. I took between a third and forth.

And I wish I would’ve just passed out. Because being awake from all that was difficult.

Size of the gummy doesn’t say a lot.
About 1 to max. 2 mg should give a reasonable high for someone who doesn’t have much experience.
Anything higher is usually f-ed up territory. around 10 mg or higher is, what I would call zombiemode territory

[Edit] My tolerance for smoking and vaping is pretty high, edibles work differently. I make the mistake of taking too much almost every time I take an edible as well ^^

When I don’t pass out, I get the “everything is too much” as well. I usually just sit around in my comfy chair in my temple space until it passes mostly just rearranging my ritual-tool chest to give my hands something to do, or listening to some chill music. Sometimes even chill music is a little too much.
Just sitting back and letting it pass is about the only thing you can do.

1 Like

I once took 400 mg (0.0141096 oz) of CBD and did not get high.

Some “CBD” gummies still contain THC (up to 10 mg in Canada). They advertise them as CBD gummies because they contain CBD, not because they only contain CBD. Next time, ask for CBD oil or CBD gummies with 0 mg of THC.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: If you’re in the USA I don’t think that there is a limit on how much THC can be in a package of gummies. 10 mg is what they tell old hippies to take, and is the legal limit in Canada. For reference, I usually take 4-6 mg of THC at a time when I am using THC, but would recommend using as little as 2 mg at a time for beginners. If you want an altered state of consciousness you will need some THC, but not a lot of THC.

1 Like

After thinking about last night, I’d like to clarify on what it was doing to my mind.

Basically, I am by nature rebellious and individualistic. I like to do things my way, and that usually means I focus more on creative endeavors over practical ones. I also have a tendency towards mischief which I use in my writing.

For example, I was required to write a story for a class where a samurai and scholar compete for the affection of a landlord’s daughter. I actually hate the romance genre. There’s a lot of red flag stuff in the genre that people seem to ignore.

I wrote the story at the wedding, but I had the samurai give the daughter a magic ring that revealed her true form; a snake yokai that eats people. Lots of my classmates write romance, so this was my way of pranking them. You think you’re getting a love story, but it turns into a shonen anime real quick.

The edible seemed to make my personality do a 180, and I became someone who wanted to please others and follow rules. I was aware of my more mainstream self, but saw it as being a dark and heavy individual. Not someone who meant any harm, but not easy to be around.

It was like looking into a mirror, and not liking what I saw. I wasn’t reviled per se, but the image I saw was far from ideal.

I guess the message was to lighten up.

1 Like