Sleeping in Crypts

Has anyone followed the instructions from the " Necromantic Ritual Book by Leilah Wendell .

To become one with Azreal the Angel of Death and lose your fears , she says to find a crypt that nature has degraded through time as in accessible with breaking in or desecration and sleep there for the night within touching distance of a body in a broke coffin. I don’t think talking the nails from the coffin would be desecrating if it’s already broken, I could be wrong but I digress.

According to her book , if you can spend the night there meditating and sleep , without fear, you will have become closer to him and understanding him.

Anyone done this and felt the benefits ?

After finding said crypt , the book explains a method for creating a powerful talisman ,by placing a stone in the heart of the decaying body and anointing it and the body with a concoction of some herbs , milk and blood.

It’s an old practice. Sleeping near the dead was present in the necromantic ceremonies of Babylon and Greece. But I don’t recommend it for beginners or if you just want to get closer to a death deity. That’s just a bit much. I would only say to do that if you wanted to dream prophetically by the agency of the dead, but even then it’s unnecessary.
You should already be in contact with a psychopomp before attempting Necromancy. To do otherwise is the sign of not knowing what the fuck you’re doing.

I was just talking in relation to the Necromantic Ritual Book, and wondering if anyone had tried any of its methods out, I didn’t profess to know what I was doing in that sense , hence putting the topic in " New Magican Help ".

After listening to the Book of Azazel , it had excited my curiosity in Necromancy even more so but I’m researching what has and hasn’t worked for people in the past and present.

I was talking about in relation to that book. It was a commentary on the book. You shouldn’t be using necromancy to get into contact with a psychopomp. You should already have that relationship established.

You won’t find any book out there that will teach you full necromancy. Everything out there is very flawed. I’ve yet to read to any book I’d recommend to a beginner without a teacher physically present to guide them through the b.s.

I appreciate your thoughts , for once I don’t feel like I’ve been chastised lol, I don’t know anyone whose interested in Magick like I am, I know one guy who’s Zoroastrian but he’s extremely wary of Dark Magick.

I contracted some of the major groups but Dragon Rouge only accepted me, do you think I could benefit from them, from your own personal knowledge?

[quote=“Euoi, post:4, topic:5354”]I was talking about in relation to that book. It was a commentary on the book. You shouldn’t be using necromancy to get into contact with a psychopomp. You should already have that relationship established.

You won’t find any book out there that will teach you full necromancy. Everything out there is very flawed. I’ve yet to read to any book I’d recommend to a beginner without a teacher physically present to guide them through the b.s.[/quote]

I’m currently reading " Yoga of Power " , it says Shiva the Destroyer, but I’ve read on a thread on here Shiva is a good Psycopomp to work it in MayaShakti.

I don’t work with Hindu deities, so I wouldn’t know.

[quote=“Uru, post:6, topic:5354”][quote=“Euoi, post:4, topic:5354”]I was talking about in relation to that book. It was a commentary on the book. You shouldn’t be using necromancy to get into contact with a psychopomp. You should already have that relationship established.

You won’t find any book out there that will teach you full necromancy. Everything out there is very flawed. I’ve yet to read to any book I’d recommend to a beginner without a teacher physically present to guide them through the b.s.[/quote]

I’m currently reading " Yoga of Power " , it says Shiva the Destroyer, but I’ve read on a thread on here Shiva is a good Psycopomp to work it in MayaShakti.[/quote]

This is a bit outside the box,but would Yama,the judge of death,be a good psychopomp if you’re interested in going towards the more exotic Indian entities?

Now,I am not a necromancer.OK,scratch that,I don’t know the first thing on necromancy(I’ve only called on a shade once in my life),and I’m not the person whom you should be considering to be a guide.

You know,out here,cemeteries are built into mosques,and mosques with cemeteries,are in the middle of the town.The home where I live in,is literally between a cemetery and an allegedly haunted house(coolest place ever right ;)),and so you will find that cemeteries aren’t that isolated.

An imam,usually patrols the cemetery at night,and lets any believers stay there,in order to bring themselves closer to the dead.Since this place was a warzone 20 years ago,fresh corpses are still within those tombs.However,few people really get through the night without sleeping.

In my youth,when I was but a lad(still a lad,though :P) I found myself doing just that.Sleeping…at a cemetery…with my uncle and an old hajji…

And while at the time I could certainly not comprehend the fullness of the experience,I can guarantee you that a more experienced me would love to repeat it!

But,I doubt there’s a mosque with a cemetery where you live…basically,they say sympathy for the deceased is brewed though this.

This year,on the memorial,while everyone prayed before graves of the deceased in war,I entered a Theta-Gamma sync,called out to the dead,and simply told them,I wanted to tell them that I cared for them,and that they may rest in peace.

No sooner did I say so,did I feel cold,and immobile.I could literally see myself,in the flames of war,and fires of destruction.While I was not a necromancer,nor was I connecting to the dead closely enough,the experience did brew sympathy within me for their suffering.

And that,I think is one of the good things to come out of necromancy.By understandings who others were,you can better understand yourself.By knowing their limitations and their limitlessness,you can know your own limitations and your own limitlessness.

But yeah,it seems like a crazy path to walk,which is why I’m not pathworking it…

JMO!

[quote=“Uru, post:6, topic:5354”][quote=“Euoi, post:4, topic:5354”]I was talking about in relation to that book. It was a commentary on the book. You shouldn’t be using necromancy to get into contact with a psychopomp. You should already have that relationship established.

I’m currently reading " Yoga of Power " , it says Shiva the Destroyer, but I’ve read on a thread on here Shiva is a good Psycopomp to work it in MayaShakti.[/quote]

Rather than attempting to select a psychopomp like a pair of new shoes, I would humbly suggest that you do some research of your family tree. Learn what saints or gods were prayed to or worshipped by them.

Even though I no longer practice Catholicism, I find that the patron saint is very responsive to me and helps me out quite a bit. As I dug deeper down the rabbit hole of my ancestors, I discovered that I had Welsh and Scottish ancestors. I found this significant because certain Lwa syncretized with popular Irish and Scottish Saints were especially dear to me.

Just a suggestion as I slip back into the shadows of lurking.

[quote=“granchemin, post:9, topic:5354”][quote=“Uru, post:6, topic:5354”][quote=“Euoi, post:4, topic:5354”]I was talking about in relation to that book. It was a commentary on the book. You shouldn’t be using necromancy to get into contact with a psychopomp. You should already have that relationship established.

Rather than attempting to select a psychopomp like a pair of new shoes, I would humbly suggest that you do some research of your family tree. Learn what saints or gods were prayed to or worshipped by them.

Even though I no longer practice Catholicism, I find that the patron saint is very responsive to me and helps me out quite a bit. As I dug deeper down the rabbit hole of my ancestors, I discovered that I had Welsh and Scottish ancestors. I found this significant because certain Lwa syncretized with popular Irish and Scottish Saints were especially dear to me.

Just a suggestion as I slip back into the shadows of lurking.[/quote]

I read about Azreal standing over the end of a battlefield and felt compassion for him for having the job of collecting the poor souls, some not understanding they are dead . I don’t want to bind or control any souls, just show them love and compassion, that’s the only reason becoming one with death interests me. For we are all born to die , our destinys our intertwined with the Angel of Death . Might as well make a good first impression lol

[quote=“granchemin, post:9, topic:5354”][quote=“Uru, post:6, topic:5354”][quote=“Euoi, post:4, topic:5354”]I was talking about in relation to that book. It was a commentary on the book. You shouldn’t be using necromancy to get into contact with a psychopomp. You should already have that relationship established.

Long line of Catholics, I still pray , sometimes sliping the old ones names in instead of Mary or Jusus.

Learn psychopomp work from a reputable teacher, that’ll give you the chance to really get engaged with these kinds of people, who are stuck and mourning the loss of their lives, and you’ll also gain a lot of insight and goodwill. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As far as this kind of thing goes, I would love to have the catacombs of Paris to myself for a night. I was there not too long ago and there is certainly plenty of atmosphere to work with. Here are some pics I took. I didn’t use flash because I wanted to try to capture the place without the artificial light of the camera so the pics are a bit dark and fuzzy. The first is a spiral stairwell leading to a well (I love spiral stairways). The second is an obelisk of sorts painted on something (notice all the skulls and bones beside it). The third, and my favorite, is an antechamber with an old stone waterbowl thing in the center of the room that in my mind resembled an altar and, again, notice the walls of bones around it. Yep, I could get up to all sorts of mischief in there and make it a night to remember in the crypts of Paris!

[quote=“Iam Incide, post:13, topic:5354”]As far as this kind of thing goes, I would love to have the catacombs of Paris to myself for a night. I was there not too long ago and there is certainly plenty of atmosphere to work with. Here are some pics I took. I didn’t use flash because I wanted to try to capture the place without the artificial light of the camera so the pics are a bit dark and fuzzy. The first is a spiral stairwell leading to a well (I love spiral stairways). The second is an obelisk of sorts painted on something (notice all the skulls and bones beside it). The third, and my favorite, is an antechamber with an old stone waterbowl thing in the center of the room that in my mind resembled an altar and, again, notice the walls of bones around it. Yep, I could get up to all sorts of mischief in there and make it a night to remember in the crypts of Paris!

[/quote]

The horror film , As Above so Below is made there, Nicolas Flamels philosophers stone supposed to be hidden there, I’m starting to hate Hollywood movies now though, scaring people away from Magick and the capitalist propaganda.

[quote=“Uru, post:11, topic:5354”][quote=“granchemin, post:9, topic:5354”][quote=“Uru, post:6, topic:5354”][quote=“Euoi, post:4, topic:5354”]I was talking about in relation to that book. It was a commentary on the book. You shouldn’t be using necromancy to get into contact with a psychopomp. You should already have that relationship established.

Long line of Catholics, I still pray , sometimes sliping the old ones names in instead of Mary or Jusus.[/quote]

Although I am now an houngan, I was raised Catholic and I still use the Catholic prayers for the cemetery when I visit. I don’t recommend substituting the names in the prayers unless you’ve done your homework and know exactly who those names represent. I use a modified version of the Our Father as well. If you pm me I will share it with you. I recommend offering prayers for the dead before working in any cemetery for at least nine days prior.