Sleep deprivation possession

I’m in the process of sleep depriving myself for 3 days once I’m fully sleep deprived would it be possible to get possessed in this state if you allowed it

1 Like

Yes.

All sleep deprivation does is put you into a trance state, and remove your perceptual filters. What you do while in that trance state, is up to you.

4 Likes

This might sound dumb but on day 3 when I’m deeply deprived how would I communicate to spirit in that trance state? Like would my hearing senses be perfect hearing of spirit @DarkestKnight

In a sleep deprived state, you are most likely to see and hear random things, like disembodied voices, astral larvae, and that kind of stuff. You might see a wandering spirit if one is around, but mostly if you are wanting to communicate with a specific spirit, you would have to summon them, as you would in any other altered state.

4 Likes

I mean it could definitely work and while sleep deprivation does create a trance like state it can also be very harmful and while it does “remove the veil” you’re mostly going to be seeing into the lower parts of the astral realm and anything you find there probably won’t be too beneficial unless you’re interested in getting possessed by parasites.

3 Likes

And once I do that I will be able to hear the spirit perfectly in sleep deprivation state? Sorry I’m new to this

I don’t know if you would hear them perfectly, but yes, you are more likely to hear them, depending on how deep of a trance state you are able to achieve.

Sleep deprivation is an ancient technique for spirit communication, and has traditionally been used for channelling, prophesy, divination, and scrying. However, it is just a trance state, no different than what EA Koetting calls the Theta/Gamma Sync, so it might take some practice to be able to fully utilise it with ritual.

3 Likes

If I sleep deprived myself from theta to rapture state would that allow me to automatically hear spirits

Nothing is automatic. When you are sleep deprived, you are simply in an altered state of consciousness, nothing more.

Think of it like the static of a radio. Under sleep deprivation, your perceptual filters are off so your mind is overloaded with the perceptual input your conscious mind usually ignores, aka static. It is totally random what you will pick up. Now, if you want to listen to music, aka a specific spirit, you have to tune the radio, moving from the static to a broadcasting channel. So, assuming you have summoned the specific spirit you want to communicate with, you then have to tune your senses so you can pick up the spirit’s particular channel from within the static.

Have you practiced sensory exercises to develop your ability to see and hear spirits? The altered state, no matter how you get there, is only the first step. It does not automatically confer clairvoyance or clairaudience upon you. Every system of magical development includes exercises for the student to practice once the altered state is achieved because learning to tune into spirits doesn’t just happen.

2 Likes

Check this out… Common causes of chronic insomnia include: Stress. Concerns about work, school, health, finances or family can keep your mind active at night, making it difficult to sleep. Stressful life events or trauma — such as the death or illness of a loved one, divorce, or a job loss — also may lead to insomnia .
Staying up leads to insomnia?
If insomnia is a desired gift that I want, I could get insomnia by staying up increasing my increments gaining the Gift of insomnia right?

Insomnia is NOT the same thing as sleep deprivation. Insomnia is a chronic condition that keeps one in a low energy state of exhaustion but insomniacs do actually sleep, they just don’t get enough quality sleep to replenish themselves physically or mentally.

1 Like

Insomniacs don’t get tired easily, can be used to gain lots of knowledge without needing much sleep check out the guy that never slept, Al Herpin - Wikipedia
the ones without insomnia get tired and can’t handle staying up for long periods of time.

I don’t know where you heard that, but it is not true. True insomniacs are always tired. They are in a constant state of exhaustion.

2 Likes

Al Herpin (January 1, 1862[note 1] in Paris – January 3, 1947) was an American known as the “Man Who Never Slept”.[1]

Al Herpin, who lived in Trenton, New Jersey,[2] claimed to have never slept before. The supposed cause is unknown. While claims such as his have occasionally appeared in newspapers, there is a recognized medical consensus that all humans require sleep, and that they do so even if they are not aware of it. [3]

A piece in The New York Times [4] on February 29, 1904, reported that:

Albert Herpin, born in France in 1862 and for fifteen years a hostler in the employ of Freeholder Walter Phares of this city, declares that he has not slept a wink during the past ten years. Notwithstanding this, he is in perfect health, and does not seem to suffer any discomfort from his remarkable condition.

Al Herpin died on January 3, 1947, reportedly at the age of 86.[5] His obituary in The New York Times read:

Death came today for Alfred [ sic ] E. Herpin, a recluse who lived on the outskirts of the city and insisted that he never slept. He was 86 years old and, when questioned concerning his claim of “sleeplessness”, maintained that he never actually dozed but merely “rested”.

No other person with total insomnia has lived for such a long period of time. It was likely that he died for other reasons, not sleep deprivation, as his insomnia did not seem to have any effect on his health.[5]

Then how do you explain this guy? His no sleeping didn’t have an affect on his health

Note :memo: I’m not arguing just trying to figure out how he never slept with no negative health affects

Maybe magick or his state of evolution as a human being was better more superior than other humans?

Dude, the sources keep insisting: he claimed to never sleep. No study was conducted, all anyone had was his word for it.

1 Like

Read what it says again:

He did sleep. He just wasn’t aware of it. I’d wager he had what are called “micro-sleeps,” which are extremely short periods of unconsciousness, so short, in fact, that he wouldn’t even notice them. His claims were also made at a time when the technology for mapping brain waves wasn’t available, so there is no actual evidence to verify his claims.

That’s awesome the guy was clearly a badass for dozing off his whole life and lived till 86

You can train yourself to micro-sleep. While the guy in the link probably did it naturally, practicing heavy meditation is said to be able to lessen the need for sleep, and I’ve read that special forces operatives train themselves to be able fall into a complete sleep on command, so a minute’s rest is the equivalent to an hour’s nap.

There is also polyphasic sleep, where you split up your sleep schedule into little naps throughout the day.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to use sleep deprivation to also get into hypnosis trance would that work also @DarkestKnight

Yes, you can use sleep deprivation to deepen any other trance induction technique.

2 Likes