Sigil Magick and One's Most Powerful Tool

"One cannot shape the world without being reshaped in the process. Each gain of power requires its own sacrifice.”
― Phil Hine, [Condensed Chaos: An Introduction to Chaos Magic]

Outward change first requires an inner change, but what are the prerequisites of change? And what are the tools necessary to facilitate this change one is seeking? Is the ultimate goal of magick not the practice of creating desired change in one’s life? After all, even if one seeks to alter the course of another human beings life, is the intention not ultimately a selfish one, a seed of personal satisfaction? Take magick that causes one to fall in love with the magician: The spell or incantation will affect the target, but only to draw her or him towards the practitioner.
Or someone who would dare to cast a curse? Does the practitioner not gain satisfaction from achieving the desired effect?

Only by accepting that magick is a process of changing one’s world for the better can one begin to truly practice with freedom of limitation and fear. For the goal of flourishing is as deeply rooted as the need for survival, thus laying the foundations for an improved life.

The most important tool, then, is one’s own individual will for change, awareness and faith in one’s own personal potential and intention. The magician can forge their own wand, fashion the robe or the shoes, buy the candles and fill the chalice. The athame and the likeness of their deity can adorn the sacred space, temple, or altar, but what does it all mean if the practitioner does not accept their own faith in themselves to accomplish the goal.
And what is the goal without the journey? Yes, the dragon is the keeper of the treasure, but what one must endure to gain the necessary skills to infiltrate the abandoned keep and either obtain the treasure through guile or force, are those trials and experiences not more valuable than the prize itself?

-Balkan

3 Likes

Hear! Hear!
The Phil Hine quote is spot on.

Al.

3 Likes

Head Zapping

I apologise. I keep returning to and posting on the same topics, issues and practices. Forgive me, for these are important.

All of your life you’ve been fed a diet of bullshit, often by the loving spoonful. You’re so programmed you don’t realise you’re programmed. Sheep need a dog to control them whereas Sheeple control themselves. Escape from self built prisons is difficult, hence head zap.

The reason your Magick isn’t working, why spiritual entities don’t come when called, why you don’t/can’t get laid or earn more is you. See, if Magick is working for some people but not for you then ipso facto it has to be you who has fucked up. So what is a major cause of Magickal fuck up? Your mind! You know you’ll succeed Magickally; but silently, persistently and restlessly your conscious mind whispers comforting doubts, ‘Yes it will work this time but if it doesn’t and we both know about all those times in the past when your Magick didn’t work don’t we? And and all I’m suggesting is that it probably won’t work this time so…’

This is why I counsel time consuming Sigil work because it allows you to discover and hone powers that you always had, just didn’t know. Not some spirit, but you! All alone and by yourself! How lhp is that? I also counsel chanting with 100% natural self made beads and twine (glass beads are acceptable). You workout how many beads, their sizes and what you chant, because it’s got nothing to do with me. Over time and application, chanting will teach you breathing, one pointed concentration, vocal projection and the importance of Magickal repetition. All these talents you can use elsewhere and without beads.

I stress memorising and then actually learning to banish. May take days or months, but eventually you’ll start to feel the energy and sense your power. Banishing can be used to accomplish many things, with this proviso, only if you know how to actually banish and learning takes commitment and time. After that, learning to evoke is quicker. And if you can banish and evoke, what more do you want?

‘Who benefits?’ Ask this always and everywhere!

Al.

4 Likes

Phil Hine stated in his Oven Ready Chaos:
“A key to magical success is veracity of belief. If you want to
try something out, and can come up with a plausible
explanation as to how/why it should work, then it most likely
will. Pseudoscience or Qabbalistic gibber (or both) - it matters
not so long as the rationale you devise buffers the strength of
your belief in the idea working”. In the same literature he cites laughter as a form of banishing.___
You see, Chaos Magick is a way to break away from the spoonfuls of BS as you call it. It is a way to bypass ritual and dogma and get right down to the purest essence of what magick really is. For magick is not bending and manipulating the laws of nature, it is a way of fulfilling them.

And I can say from experience, faith is the ultimate producer of results. I personally have always been able to generate financial resources whenever needed, and many times they come seemingly out of the blue. Or almost anything that I need, objects of desire materialize themselves into my pathway.
The first sigil I created using Austin Spare’s method brought me the results that I was seeking. And no ritual, no banishing, no chanting, it was just raw and uninhibited methodology based on principles that govern reality.
Systems like Thelema or Enochian work for some, but I know what works for me. I have found my place within the system of Chaos and I can say without a doubt that it is not BS.

5 Likes

I also cite laughter as a form of banishing. Fools seldom differ.

Al.

1 Like

There are so many sick things taking place, by that I mean atrocious. Things that are being done by people in power or who possess vast amounts of wealth (although the two seem to go together often). And there is no better way to deflate another’s pompous and sick ego by laughing at them.

1 Like