Should I stay away from Christian friend or I can hangout with him?

Every time you friend start preaching Christianity (whether alone or with a group) ask him this question, “Are you trying to drive people away from Christ?”

Then however he answers that question You tell him,“Well you sure as hell are are acting like it. Don’t you know that proselytizing to people is the biggest reason people leave Christianity because it’s such disrespectful and obnoxious behavior. If you really are Christian you’ll live your faith instead of verbally pistol whipping people with your beliefs. If you really believed you would actually live your faith instead of being a hot air bag.”

I’ve seen the most obnoxious proselytizers become completely tongue tied, they won’t know what the fuck to say.
You just keep repeating the same thing and eventually he’ll get tired and he will shut up.

Another thing you can tell him is this, “Do you really think that God is so petty and childishly cruel to throw people into everlasting hell just because we don’t kiss his ass? What kind of God is that?”

Anyway I’ve seen so many people turned into bipolar ping pong balls by Evangelical Christianity.

3 Likes

I like this advice right here, from @Demeter

If you use magick to bring him to your side of things, then you are no better than him because you will be, in essence, forcing your beliefs onto him, especially if, as some people have suggested, you sic a demon on him to “open his mind.” How is that any different than him trying to sic Christ on you?

If he is truly a good friend, then simply asking him to stop proselytizing at you because you are not interested should be sufficient. Asking him to respect your own beliefs shouldn’t be difficult if you really are friends. If he refuses or doesn’t seem to get it, then drop him from your life. As @Fallen_Angel said, this situation doesn’t require magical intervention, just basic human communication.

7 Likes

The friendship based on respect is a good friendship, if you respect your friend on his christianity Belives he has to do the same, if not leave it for a time o give him a time to get reflexive ( if he can) but be careful with religon fanatics.
my own experience i leave some of my childhood friends cause the friendship is take me to a dark hole so i better leave these friendship no cause i hate them o bla bla bla cause i have to walk my own path like them like everybody do in there lifes.

If still appreciate him and he appreciate you then change the tópic of conversation every time when he start talking about religon o try to be sincer with him and put some limits for the good future of frienship if he dont change then leave it maybe with time the things got change but first try to comunícate how you feel o how he make you feel when you are with him if he dosent understand then pass.

1 Like

There’s this idea we’re the sum of the 5 people we spend the most time with… if he really is brain-wasted and prone to losing his shit, maybe a little distance, without making it about his Jesus thing, is in order?

Work on finding new people?

2 Likes

I thought about it some more. If he truly is a friend he will respect your beliefs. If he is unable to respect your spiritual beliefs it is unfortunate but you may have to distance yourself from him.

If he continues to disrespect your religious beliefs after distancing your self from him you may need to drop his friendship. Although you can always leave the door open to his friendship if he ever comes to his senses.

2 Likes

Well I would say talk to him about it saying you have your views and I have mine, he might be thinking cramming thinks into people’s heads is the right way to go about but it’s not it causes people to get annoyed/turn away.

But just talk with him about it

2 Likes

I concur with @Demeter. Debating him will only push him farther into that book of lies, thinking that you are wicked. Anything you say or do won’t break his connection to the parasitic religion of venom. I’ve lost several friends and severed ties with several family members because of their constant bible bashing. Personally, I don’t have the patience to surround myself with Christians or even hardline atheists. If I meet someone and find out they are hardcore Christian, I run the other way.

Your relationship you’re choice.

I have a Christian friend and we’re pretty good with each other. Other than spiritual beliefs we agree on lots of things.

I still want to surround myself with other occultists though. I think it’s practical to surround yourself with people of similar interests. Still you should allow yourself to be friends, or acquaintances, with non-occultists. I consider this by principle because you need to open yourself to life and you do so by opening yourself to others. Also if you ignore non occultists, you may fan the stereotype of being in a cult that cuts you off from others.

Above all you should draw a line. Fanatical Christians should be ignored like the plague.

1 Like

You just gotta set yourself on fire one good time to show him you don’t give a fuck about hell.

And this is why religion and politics is kept from discussion around the table. It’s never ending, literally.

Sure, you can have friends who belong to all religions of the world—some of my best friends are Muslim, Orthodox, etc.

I was raised catholic, but my mum was Buddhist. Only stop hanging with them when it feels like they’re dictating and indoctrinating you by without choice, whereas I have my Muslim friend tell me all the time to revert to Islam as he sees me as a natural born Muslim, one with a pure heart… I see truth in all, even if they are parables. He says it out of care, in terms of reverting for the sake of salvation. If he bossed me around with his beliefs like others did, I become cold/distant quite rapidly.

Whether they’re worshipping an impostor God, a trickster of sorts or one without mercy—your being is tethered nicely towards benevolence if you accept that you, as an individual much like everyone else is entitled to their own beliefs rightfully so, and the best part is? We’re all still very fast asleep. Doesn’t matter how informed we are about their religion having thousands of loop holes, a derivative rip-off from Egyptian stories… just let people live their life the way they think it’s suppose to be lived.

This is exactly what is up. This is what is going on with almost all religions and their followers. People feel the need for validation and the longer they do it the worse it gets, because if their faith is invalidated they not only feel foolish but also as if they have wasted a lot of their time. Your friend has made an investment and if he can convince you that it’s a good idea it gives him that social validation he needs to not feel as if he has bought into some bullshit. It never goes away and until he drops it himself he’s already gone, he’s been replaced by a machine. Listen, and understand. That born again christian is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t have logic, or reason, or common sense. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are converted.

FewAggressiveHerring-small

2 Likes

Your friend is not being weird because he’s Christian; he’s just a weirdo. Weren’t you pumped when you first discovered magick, or demons? I’m an armchair occultist who just learned about magick a little over a year ago, but you still can’t tell me shit. Some people are just natural zealots who might be–and this will blow your mind–seeking conversation.

2 Likes

Its not so much the religion as the person practicing it. Have you tried talking to your friend? If you havent, then give it a try. If theyre a good friend they will respect you and your beliefs and refrain from saying or doing things that make you uncomfortable.

If he doesnt respect your beliefs and love you (ehich henisncommanded to do by his text) then cut ties. I take from all religous paths and except and love all but for daamn sure except the same in return even if they dont qgree w me they should agree to disagree and leave it at that.

As someone who is a Christian, when we have that feeling like life is finally coming together because of the faith we found, we want to shout it to the world. It’s normal to be obsessed and want everyone to know. Think of it this way, when you first did magick, and it worked, you probably wanted everyone to know how powerful this stuff is. I know even with me, now that I am a hybrid of magick and Christian faith, I want to shout it to the world and help those around me, yet I know they would never understand and I would have to sit with days of them trying to cast out demons cause they think I’m possessed or something.

My advice, since this is your close friend and you care about them, acknowledge their new found faith and let them know how happy you are to see them happy. Let them know you respect their decision, yet you also hope they respect yours to continue with ever path you choose to take. Tell them you also won’t push your set of beliefs off on them so hope they won’t on you either. The 2 of you can co-exist having different faiths or beliefs.

I have friends from many walks of life and religions that differ from mine, yet if any of my Christian friends were to attack them for their beliefs…I would shut them down in a heartbeat and probably disown them for doing so. We should be able to be whoever we want, love whoever we want and practice whatever faiths, rituals or magick we want. Someone who comes against that or says their way is the only way is someone I don’t want to be associated with anyway.

So tell your friend you’re happy for them and hope you guys can still be close. However, you believe what you also do as he does and that’s what makes you both unique and awesome!

2 Likes