Shift in personality

Hey all buggin you again with the obtuse questions.Have any of you noticed a shift in your personality or should I say: are you the same person that you were before you began practicing left hand magick than who you “are” now? Pre left hand path I can honestly say I was something stand offish, angry, deceitful, with a dash of criminality (harmless I swear lol)etc etc ( those were the nice one’s lol). I’m roughly touching on a good year fully delving into this practice and I’m humble patient withstanding generally or I so feel the nicest guy in the world lol. Not an act or anything. Every once and a while I’ll go through my old grimoires and such and see the things I’ve done or sought to accomplish and shake my head. Could be just be maturity. Trust me when I say I love the growth. It’s just seeing the jump is, well something worth sharing. I would of normally just analyzed myself and generalize a conclusion but I’m on a forum now lol. At the same time I would of expected having congress with so called “demonic” entities would further certain negative aspects of myself. Picking the brain on a Friday so sorry and enjoy the weekend!!

Best
Keez

Absolute power corrupts, absolutely. Enjoy you’re new inflated sense of self for so long as it may last.

Hey hey absolute power? ( though i like the song from Mf Doom lol )Far from it, otherwise the goals I sought from this path would be far more palpable (though my results are awesome at times). Constant self evaluation, analysis of any highlight of responses or expression or emotion within a specific day(everything from planetary influences, workings prior (magick) and psychological evaluation, magick diary) seeking the root of why I do the things I do keeps me grounded. I’m a little heavy into lunar/gamaliel/ and"black"based magick, so it’s pertinent at least in this caveat that I make these checks otherwise you risk getting lost without knowing it. Lastly I’m not about inflating the “self” but more so expressing the darker aspect of myself. I am only writing down my results of this experience, and this is a small stepping stone of what as a person and magician I seek and perusing to become. Thank you for your insight though, I actually had to check myself to see if what you suggest is true. Regretfully i think its otherwise.

Best
Keez

[quote=“keez, post:1, topic:3954”]Hey all buggin you again with the obtuse questions.Have any of you noticed a shift in your personality or should I say: are you the same person that you were before you began practicing left hand magick than who you “are” now? Pre left hand path I can honestly say I was something stand offish, angry, deceitful, with a dash of criminality (harmless I swear lol)etc etc ( those were the nice one’s lol). I’m roughly touching on a good year fully delving into this practice and I’m humble patient withstanding generally or I so feel the nicest guy in the world lol. Not an act or anything. Every once and a while I’ll go through my old grimoires and such and see the things I’ve done or sought to accomplish and shake my head. Could be just be maturity. Trust me when I say I love the growth. It’s just seeing the jump is, well something worth sharing. I would of normally just analyzed myself and generalize a conclusion but I’m on a forum now lol. At the same time I would of expected having congress with so called “demonic” entities would further certain negative aspects of myself. Picking the brain on a Friday so sorry and enjoy the weekend!!

Best
Keez[/quote]

I would have to agree with this. When I was younger and on the beginning path I used to think wouldn’t it be great if XYZ got this and that. But after several fights in the spiritual realm, I realize hey if I can sock someone from afar, who says they can’t do it to me? It actually helped me curb my abuse. Now only good things happen because I don’t dwell on revenge, I know the negative person often gets his desserts and it is not my place to decide. And because they are no longer on my mind, I am free from the effects of their negativity as well.

So I think when you become more powerful, you have less to prove. Much like a Kung Fu artist trains to become the best, only to have so much confidence, they rarely feel the need to fight. From my perspective a strong ego doesn’t act like a reactive baby with a tantrum. So when a person still has the need to show off…they still subconsciously believe they powerless with something to prove. Unfortunately this is the mentality of those who try to climb the ranks of power and never feeling quite good enough. Those are the ones that are the disaster waiting to happen.

When I first got into this, I would spend time cursing my enemies. I had to learn that, yes, cursing my enemies may be gratifying. I’d watch a curse take its course, and know that I was the one behind it, silently pulling the strings of angels or demons in order to make it potent. I have to admit, I’m still angry over a lot of things, but if I dwell on that all the time, how do I move foreword? I can’t. Am I growing by cursing? I’m growing in my ability to curse. But cursing doesn’t make me rich or desirable to be around.

Point being here, I’ve found my desire for power has grown, and will continue to grow. However, it’s important for me to temper that desire for those things that will bring me benefit. One example being the soul travel course. Can’t study and curse horrible people at the same time. Yep. I’m still pissed, but need to focus on the Soul Travel course.

Although, just thinking about them makes me enraged, so somewhere there’s chicken feet with their names on them.

This may be a gross misstatement, being a total introvert, but I think most get into searching these things come from dis-empowered backgrounds. Bullied, Abused, Or Just Plain Low Self Esteem. We get into magic to make up for short comings.

I see the four of us have many common strings and I can say I agree with just about everything said with the exception of gvg saying “Can’t Curse Wicked people and Learn To soul travel at the same time” Paraphrase. Truth be is from personal experience some of my harshest and most influential castings have been down through soul or astral or whatever terms, labels or systems you sue to describe them. Pop in, pew pew, pop out. That may just be me though, I have a more unique background than most and I’m gifted to boot so I’m not trying to seem in direct opposition to your practices I’m just stating that I personally never found much use for limiting wording or systems (In general).

Go with the flow y’know? Do what feels right.

All change, changes every thing. From having a birthday to being raped or killing.

The left hand path is like anything in life, it can be beneficial if used in moderation or it can tear you apart if you abuse it. You’ll grow in a positive way if you use it well and you’ll be stuck in an endless cycle of anger and pettiness if you abuse it.

I think most rational people work it out for themselves and ease up. I think there are very few who throw curses around for petty reasons but they certainly exist. It really is difficult to not get corrupted when you can control things. After each success, you get that high that only power can give you and let’s be real - we’re all doing this because we want real control and power. To act like it’s not fun to see some asshole who wronged you suffer would be disingenuous. It ROCKS! I really do have to reign myself in sometimes or I’d be sending demons after the asshole who inexplicably dumped me in high school or the petty bitch who tried to get me into trouble at work ten years ago. That’s the odd thing about the left hand path, you generally learn more about yourself and learn more control and responsibility than if you did some fluffy bunny stuff. That’s been my experience anyway. I’ve learned that some people and situations just aren’t worth my energy and in that way, I’ve changed tremendously.

Couldn’t agree more. Not just in Magick but in almost everyday activities you find individuals like this. One person I can think of fancies himself an expert in everything and never ever dare try to suggest an idea to him or correct him in any way…thing is I think deep down everyone knows hes full of it. If only his boss didn’t value him so much…hey that reminds me >:)

It’s made me more secure in myself, less conflicted - oh, and the minor matter of eliminating lifelong clinical depression, yeah, that changed a few things for me! :wink:

Hence why I get so, pardon the pun, evangelical about the LHP (which does NOT equate to “Imma be a bigger asshole than u” type nonsense).

Then you’d better hope there’s no such thing as God, eh? :wink: