Shadow people

What are some used shadow people could be of to magicians? I hear you can work with them and summon them but I am very aware it’s a dangerous path…but I’m just curious, what are some ways they can benefit the summoner that chose to summon them in the first place?

Send them to torture others? Like a baneful technique or something? (Seems like a shadow person would do that for you idk though)

Or are there more things they can do for you.

1 Like

@anon39079500

2 Likes

Got the notification in bed, but I’ll answer, in a sense.

I’m giving the link (and taking it out of the Lounge) so that the OP can read it if he wants. He changes topics all the time so I’ll post the link and he can read or not.

7 Likes

@anon39079500 I have a question about shadow people. I think I’ve only seen one twice. Both times I saw it it stayed where it was and just had a malevolent aura. Really bad things happened in my life at about the same time. I’ve never seen them again. What do you think that was?

2 Likes

Thanks for the patience. There was something I couldn’t quite put my finger on when I read your post, so I’m glad I delayed. I’m also running on a few hours of sleep, so if something doesn’t make sense, let me know.

I should state this is my opinion, based on my experiences. Others will likely have different experiences and opinions. I’ll approach it as best I can.

I think there’s generally a difference between shadows and shadow people, even though they overlap considerably. I think of shadow people as a more refined, more predatory version, by far, than simple(r) shadow looking entities.

Behavior is a defining characteristic here, rather than shape, size… A shadow looking entity could be a familiar warning you of something and who doesn’t want to give their Master/Mistress away or a family spirit the person couldn’t quite sense the characteristics of. It could also be a Shadow Person waiting for a meal, but they are usually drawn by availability of “food”, rather than a waiting for it to become available. Doesn’t mean the food isn’t another house in the area and it is sensing a change before you do.

Some of the really advanced ones were, in my opinion, other spirits that turned towards that type of activity and will feel differently than the “typical” Shadow People. Some of the shadow archetypes in the Shadownomicon fall into this category, which is baffling until you realize they weren’t always that way. The why and how is debatable. But they’ve attuned that way over time, due to like-attracting-like. That’s just a theory.

So, to come back around, without being there, I’m thinking they were likely portends of danger or change. There’s the chance they were waiting to see how it was handled, but you would likely have seen them more than once, if they were full Shadow People. Fear of the unknown is easy food, after all.

5 Likes

Thanks for the explanation that sounds right to me.

1 Like

No worries. I wanted to go into enough detail for context, but not write a novella.

1 Like

is there anything you can do to get rid of a shadow person i had a similar experience to your wards with drawn out seals. my family is having huge issues and are terrified of the things they are seeing and the shadow person has started to move things.

Witches use the shadows of the dead to use the knowledge they have accumulated in life, but not all people are suitable for gaining knowledge, they usually prefer to use demons to gain knowledge because the knowledge of all shadows is not reliable. .
As you said, the energy they had in life can be used, for example, to send someone who has committed suicide in life to someone to commit suicide under the influence of it, can be used by people to open the gates that allow them to pass. Used and many other things but there are always better options to use like demons

This is an issue, for sure.

Since I don’t know what your experience level is, I would suggest you start with the petition route and ask other spirits for help. There’s a sample on in the tutorials section.

I would also use the search function to look for Luna, made by Keteriya, to help with this sort of thing. She helps clear out parasites and similar.

That’s what comes off the top of my (tired) head at the moment.

1 Like

shadows are astral lamborghinis