I think you are taking the right approach - try and try again. There are unfriendly entities out there, and there’s ways to develop your skills to transport out of that, or tell them to leave.
There are many who are assigned to keep humans asleep and not-lucid, and I would personally not credit any entity I didn’t consciously invite into my space as friendly or truthful. These are interlopers, obviously boundary-crossing and disrespectful, and do not rate having you put their opinions above your own. Nobody asked them.
This state of sleep paralysis, also called the “hypnogogic state” or what the lucid dreaming researcher and author Michael Raduga calls “The Phase” is the exact state to get out of body, to lucid dream. Michael says, keep trying, with determination, and get out “no matter what” and you will.
You might be interested in the Q&A part of Raduga’s seminar on youtube, as some of the students ask exactly this kind of question, so you can hear his answer in his own words - he has met many unfriendly entities trying to stop him too and has figured out how to avoid them.
I like his work, it’s what I used to get OOB, and I posted links to the youtube videos here:
The difference between OOB aka astral/soul travel and lucid dreaming is in the first, you are awake and leaving the body from a more conscious state, and in the 2nd, you leave the body from sleep and realize you’re dreaming.