Seeking a lateral move from armchair magi to magi

Okay, so meditation or pathworkings, and evocation via sigil and enn?
And what about communicating with them?

No enns. That’s a demonolatry thing, and none of those books follow that religious system.

Lucifer and the Hidden Demons is pathworking ie using elemental imagery to connect with spiritual realities. The names of the demons are derived from the grimoire The Sacred Magick of Abramelin the Mage.

Demons of Magick is a simplified form of Kabbalistic magick, and uses divine names and ruling angels. The book has three different ritual forms. Ritual 1 is a petition method, Ritual 2 is connective evocation (which is basically evocation to presence) and Ritual 3 is full evocation.

The Magick of Angels of Demons is similar to DOM, except the ritual process is quite a bit simpler, and it doesn’t include full evocation. It calls upon both the Shem angels and the demons of the Goetia, in what the author calls a “union of power.”

As far as communication goes, you speak your will in a short, precise, sentence.

7 Likes

Thanks … Will get my hands on one asap.

1 Like

It is a Great book.

3 Likes

Alright, how about this Fuego…if you are serious about switching to something else, id be happy to loan you the demons of magick book through Amazons kindle loan program. If you agree, i can send you an Amazon invite to read the book free of charge for 2 weeks. I agree with @shinri and the folks telling you to switch into a more modern, streamlined system. You remind me of someone else on here (whose name i will not mention) who is failing with magick, but refuses to let go of the dated ceremonial/solomonic stuff that isn’t working for him. Its the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. I don’t care about his progress whatsoever anymore, but I do care about yours, and I really don’t want to see you devolve into the mess he is. If you really want to drop the other stuff to give something new a try as shinri suggests, then my offer is here for you.

10 Likes

I agree with @shinri that you should drop everything related to the Golden Dawn. It is literally just putting more boundaries and roadblocks in your own way: “oh I can’t do magic because I need 4x ceremonial robes, a wand, an athame, a chalice, a cauldron, an incense burner, a universal circle, a triangle, the entity’s seal hand-carved in bronze, need to have a ritual bath, wait until the right moon phase and planetary hour, a compass that points true north, Mercury can’t be in retrograde…” – NONE of that matters at all. It can be helpful if you have the mindset to capitalise on those associations, but otherwise, it’s just a complete waste of time. Fuck all of that off and go back to the basics, but actually practice them instead of just reading about them.

Golden Dawn is closer to a religion than a practical system. It teaches you the basics (Modern Magick is good for this) but at the same time it enforces restrictions like “don’t even THINK about trying to summon an entity until you’ve done the LBRP without fail for 365 days in a row”.

Fuck all of that off. If you want to do magic, ACTUAL magic, then pick up something by the Gallery of Magick, or by Corwin Hargrove or Jareth Tempest, or better yet, read something like Liber Null & Psychonaut.

Again, forgive me for being harsh, but you seem to have formed or to be forming this idea that magick is some rigid, structured, hidden (=occult) set of rules and regulations. I promise you, it is absolutely not.

If you can’t afford even the kindle ebooks of titles mentioned in this thread, that’s perfectly fine. If that is the case I would HEAVILY recommend reading something like Feeling is the Secret by Neville Goddard (all of Goddard’s works are out of copyright and available free online). The book is like 50 pages long and it is universally applicable; in my personal opinion this is THE mechanism by which ALL magickal systems work.

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

11 Likes

Thank you, and im down for your suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent :+1: Just message me your email address and I’ll send it right to you. Remember though, once you accept it via email, Amazon gives you a max of 2 weeks to read it. After that, the book is returned to me and I’m not allowed to loan it ever again.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t actually know that you were a armchair mage lol. I thought that you were an actual practicing mage. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have been known to practice. The problem is that nothing in my life has dramtically changed.

1 Like

But they’re right, I didn’t seem to progress at all in the golden dawn, at least not apparent to me.
And a bit of add doesn’t help.

May I suggest a course of action?

Get Verdo’s offer and take Archer’s “The magick of angels and demons”. Work with the book those whole 2 weeks. Is easy and you can shoot several different things every day.

But aim for SMALL things. Not life changing things. This is just so you can build your trust in magick. My own skepticism has hindered me in the past, so I feel you there, buddy. I think that can help.

3 Likes

Appreciate it, will do.

1 Like

What were you expecting to happen exactly?

1 Like

I honestly believe that DoM would be the best option right now for Fuego to restart.
The book has the complete structure and, as it is not so simplified, it should meet His needs.

3 Likes

Maybe? Okay, you may be right in that.

But my basic point is the same: aim for small things and let them come.

You see, I don’t think the first result can convince a person once skepticism has struck. Sure, you get one result and get euphoric for a few minutes, but later it may be dismissed as coincidence. So several of those coincidences are needed to build a foundation.

What book does he take may not matter at all, I just suggested that one because I like it a lot.

3 Likes

The 3 books recommended are good and similar.

He already has some knowledge and is not a beginner, so I think that something very simplified may seem to him insufficient during the process.

I think he’s already received enough good advice from reputable people and too much information will create confusion and won’t help now.

We can talk via DM about this if you prefer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s gonna be a minute. I have to contact their customer service to reset my account details before I can check the book out. Working on it.

@ReyCuervo I have a few thoughts. One, it could just be that the magick doesn’t fully resonate with you at this time. I think if you want to really get the most out of it, at least for a time it should be the only magick you use. I have yet to encounter a situation that the magick couldn’t address.

The Pathworkings do also grow more vivid and immersive as you practice them, but I started getting results right away. The magick isn’t as heavy or in your face as other demonic methods like Goetia can sometimes be. Lucifer is the Demon King of Air, and although all four elements are involved in this magick, it does have a very “air” feeling to it overall. Many of the powers are subtle and grow in strength over time as you continue to connect with the demons. Do not underestimate the powers aimed at you, your personality, and how you act and are perceived in the world by others. Developing these powers will solve many potential problems before they can arise.

The Pathworkings also offer a way to experience demonic contact in a way that is as direct as evocation. As you become familiar with these paths, and if you are able to bring your focus and attention completely into what you are doing without allowing yourself to doze off or be distracted by passing thoughts, then you will come to experience yourself as being there, in that place, with the demon undeniably present with you by your side, perhaps appearing in a visible form, while you maintain an awareness of your surroundings.

It is only hinted at in the book, but I believe that this magick becomes much more powerful when you feed it with your emotions, both negative and then positive. This should become apparent as the demons become more present and active in your life.

@Nightside All you need is the book that you choose. Circles, Godnames, sigils, anything that is needed will be in the book. The ebooks are like $10 or less usually if you can print or draw the sigils yourself, or you can work straight from the book. Summon a money demon after you buy and read the book.

Spend some time reading through the powers available to you. Contemplate. Do not contemplate how the magick might work, only how you would like it to change things in your life. Bring your focus down to the mundane, where the demons thrive.

Rarely is any change of great significance achieved by a single quick ritual, but I have seen these demons do stunning things. Practical magick works best when it becomes a natural part of your process of living, being, making decisions and guiding the unfolding of your life. Understand that everything that happens flows on from your magickal actions.

Reality is in constant flux, shifting and changing. A demon will introduce a new change, and push reality in a certain direction. After this movement, there is a new situation, a situation which can be influenced by magick. Understand this and you will see how you can move from where you are now to wherever it is that you want to be. If this causes you difficulty, the demons will show you what I mean through your direct experience. Heavenly visions are cool and all, but there is something remarkable about a mundane experience that you know was orchestrated by demons.

4 Likes