Scrying Please Help!

Dear all,

I am going through E.A. Koetting’s Mastering Evocation Course. I completed nine days of meditating on the upside down pentagram and moved onto Scrying. I am having some small issues and would greatly appreciate it if those of you adept at Evocation could throw in a few hints and advice.

So at the moment I would begin by charging the sigil of the spirit I want to contact in the black mirror. Once the sigil is charged (the lines start flashing and the sigil becomes 3d) I will gaze into the mirror. So far I have managed to see a white fog appear followed by blurred buzzy outlines of what appears to be the spirit. Is that all? Or am I suppose to see a full a detailed view of the spirit with colour, clarity, motion and audio?
Am I supposed to imagine what the spirit looks like then project that into the mirror? But isn’t that just my head messing with me not actual spirit contact?

Could the experts please take a little bit of their time and drop a few hints and advice? Thank you!

It sounds to me like you are on the right track. Remember that full materialization takes time and your first few times out is gonna be like tuning in an old school radio or TV.

Remember that the spirits are able to influence us. Do not assume that what you imagine isnt provided to you by the spirit. Besides this, remember that they do often try to appear as we imagine them. And artistic license goes both ways. Both in how you imagine them and how they take form based on that.

I recently made a comment on the “Making Money Spells” forum. On the “Black Magick For Employment? - Money & Law - Become A Living God” thread.

I evoked Halah’thor in a simple sigil to direct me towards a job with long term career potential. Which worked by the way.

Halah’thor is described as clean shaven, well groomed and dressed in a tuxedo. In my mind i envision him as the almost iconic businessman/banker image of the early 1900s. Something of a “Rockafeller” type. I feel a positive energy when i hold this image that suggest if nothing else this concept pleases him.

a TV character on a show i use to watch said something to one of his subordinates who was worried about displeasing the boss, about an old italian monk. “I do not always know what pleases you lord, but i believe the fact that i want to please you, pleases you”.

What ever you imagine your chosen spirit to look like, do it with honor and respect for the spirit. Whether you envision a distinguished gentleman or a slathering beast.

1 Like

[quote=“Thermopylae, post:2, topic:4939”]It sounds to me like you are on the right track. Remember that full materialization takes time and your first few times out is gonna be like tuning in an old school radio or TV.

Remember that the spirits are able to influence us. Do not assume that what you imagine isnt provided to you by the spirit. Besides this, remember that they do often try to appear as we imagine them. And artistic license goes both ways. Both in how you imagine them and how they take form based on that.

I recently made a comment on the “Making Money Spells” forum. On the “Black Magick For Employment? - Money & Law - Become A Living God” thread.

I evoked Halah’thor in a simple sigil to direct me towards a job with long term career potential. Which worked by the way.

Halah’thor is described as clean shaven, well groomed and dressed in a tuxedo. In my mind i envision him as the almost iconic businessman/banker image of the early 1900s. Something of a “Rockafeller” type. I feel a positive energy when i hold this image that suggest if nothing else this concept pleases him.

a TV character on a show i use to watch said something to one of his subordinates who was worried about displeasing the boss, about an old italian monk. “I do not always know what pleases you lord, but i believe the fact that i want to please you, pleases you”.

What ever you imagine your chosen spirit to look like, do it with honor and respect for the spirit. Whether you envision a distinguished gentleman or a slathering beast.[/quote]

Thermopylae; thank you! Your reply was insightful, encouraging, and personal.
I like the analogy of the old Radio and TV.
Thank you for clarifying your experienc and explaining that the visions in my head are not hallucinations or constructs of my own mind. Thank you for your time.

I am glad that my insights help. I am here to teach as much as be taught. As all of us should be

[quote=“Axli1, post:1, topic:4939”]Am I supposed to imagine what the spirit looks like then project that into the mirror? But isn’t that just my head messing with me not actual spirit contact?

Could the experts please take a little bit of their time and drop a few hints and advice? Thank you![/quote]

I tend to allow the spirit to appear in whatever form that it takes. Halah’thor has appeared to me in a number of guises as an example. I don’t worry that a spirit appears in the form that a grimoire states. At the end of the day when you start to get good results then you are where you should be.

Its more important to sense the impressions that are passing through you, i.e. visual, auditory and other sensing. As the session develops a more singular form of the spirit may start to manifest for you, just give it time. Try to keep patient, don’t try too hard, and allow your scrying strength to develop over a number of sessions. See also my post in this thread:

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/crossroad-what%27s-happening-when-i%27m-completely-blacking-out/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/crossroad-what's-happening-when-i'm-completely-blacking-out/[/url]

Another tip: Get yourself a digital voice recorder and record all visual impressions, feelings that occur during the session. If words or phrases come into your mind, just say them don’t be concerned if they are meaningful or not. Analyse it all afterwards. If you document it like this you will be amazed how it all starts to make sense.

Well, I am not an expert; can barely sky myself in the mirror. But- last night i had an idea, and tried it; and due to the little experiance, made a decision.
just for the heck of it i went to youtube, and decided to listen through a “3rd eye guided meditation” by a Dr. who I won’t name on the list in order to not risk ‘adverting’ w/out pernission. But before that I listend for a half hour of an hour long binaural beat music thing. It was pretty interesting, but i then switched. During the 2nd part of the 3 part series, my left ‘astral arm’ kept falling through its physical bag, which was really great for me.
I was planning to begin next week a Pact working with this Amazing Being I can’t love enough named Belial. (being me; i want him to have a awesome a time as I expect to have so any ‘over-training and prepping’ I can do is a pleasure) So unless something just slaps me and says “Enough already- lets jam !” I plan to spend at least 1-2 hours (depending on program) with eaphone on and whatever "Binaural-and any other “Brain priming and adjusting and driver upgrading” I can for the next 30 days— hopefully before my regular “Envokation/meditation work”.
non of this helps you- just what I am going to do to make sure that my brain is a magnetic current receiver as well as Sender.
most excellant progress to you!

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:6, topic:4939”]Well, I am not an expert; can barely sky myself in the mirror. But- last night i had an idea, and tried it; and due to the little experiance, made a decision.
just for the heck of it i went to youtube, and decided to listen through a “3rd eye guided meditation” by a Dr. who I won’t name on the list in order to not risk ‘adverting’ w/out pernission. But before that I listend for a half hour of an hour long binaural beat music thing. It was pretty interesting, but i then switched. During the 2nd part of the 3 part series, my left ‘astral arm’ kept falling through its physical bag, which was really great for me.
I was planning to begin next week a Pact working with this Amazing Being I can’t love enough named Belial. (being me; i want him to have a awesome a time as I expect to have so any ‘over-training and prepping’ I can do is a pleasure) So unless something just slaps me and says “Enough already- lets jam !” I plan to spend at least 1-2 hours (depending on program) with eaphone on and whatever "Binaural-and any other “Brain priming and adjusting and driver upgrading” I can for the next 30 days— hopefully before my regular “Envokation/meditation work”.
non of this helps you- just what I am going to do to make sure that my brain is a magnetic current receiver as well as Sender.
most excellant progress to you![/quote]

Many thanks for the suggestions!