Scrying mirrors_shapes & sizes help

Greetings All,

I’ve been looking high and low for a round implement in order to fabricate my own scrying mirror for quite some time. I’ve been visiting the thrift shops and dollar stores around town as of late and really haven’t found anything to my liking. I have found a LOT of square/rectangular old picture frames with glass inserts that I like.

Question:

Is anyone using a scrying mirror that is NOT circular/round?

What if any are the advantages of using a circular as opposed to rectangular mirror?

IF I go with the rectangular picture-frame with the glass, I still intend to use the Grand Incantation 'round the frame…“Alash tad Al’ash tal ashtu”.

Perhaps I’m over thinking this implement?

Thanks!

Mode, I have a 24"x24" square one. It works just as good as my round one. I drew the sigils E.A. showed in BoA. I prefer my circular on because of the look of it but both work. I know a woman who has a black mirror in a cut log frame. Sort of deformed shape but it looks cool.

I’m sure you will get good results whether square, round, rectangle or whatever.
: )

thanks dude…

Well off to the Thrift shop then!!!

I made my own mirror, it’s 6"X 9". I hit the back of the glass with some flat black spray paint, glued it to some pasteboard and stuck it in a 2$ picture frame.

Mode, I think rounds sucks! I got one that is gigantic. About 3.5 feet long and 2.5 feet wide. round, square, fucking zigzag, as long as its black and you are comfortable with it, also use tv’s that are off, water, blood, pavement, trees, sky, and anything else I can zone out in. Hope you doing well mode.
Peace

How about using a “common mirror” will it work the same?

A common mirror will give you some pretty badass effects. You’ll basically watch your face morph into the entity with some of your features still there. Though generally a black mirror works best in the end.

As for shape, I have a 16" round piece of glass I took from a nightstand and made into a black mirror that I use most of the time, and a 6’x3’ window pane (got the glass from a contractor for a few bucks, he had it left over from a job) that I made a stainless steel frame for and use on occasion.

[quote=“Mode_439, post:1, topic:1708”]Greetings All,

I’ve been looking high and low for a round implement in order to fabricate my own scrying mirror for quite some time. I’ve been visiting the thrift shops and dollar stores around town as of late and really haven’t found anything to my liking. I have found a LOT of square/rectangular old picture frames with glass inserts that I like.

Question:

Is anyone using a scrying mirror that is NOT circular/round?

What if any are the advantages of using a circular as opposed to rectangular mirror?

IF I go with the rectangular picture-frame with the glass, I still intend to use the Grand Incantation 'round the frame…“Alash tad Al’ash tal ashtu”.

Perhaps I’m over thinking this implement?

Thanks![/quote]
I posted somewhere in here how I made a scrying mirror, BUT this may amuse you:
I found a brass offering plate at the local Salvation Army, a whole stack in fact for 2$ each some years ago, when coated in gun bluing acid, then hand buffed and oiled, I think it might suit your needs, simply polish it with 400 grit jeweler’s cloth and degrease with automotive starting fluid before applying the acid[READ THE DAMN CAUTION LABEL!]
wait a couple of days, then oil up a 000 steel wool pad and gently buff, you will get a reflective, dark grey surface that will darken as time passes.
gotta love those Christian thrift stores, helping creative Black Sorcery since DAY ONE!

I’ve gotten a couple of nice silver plated chalices out of there too.I think they junk them when the silver plate on the inside flakes off.