Science vs spirituality

Hi,
Scientists say that there are no proofs that a consciousness can survive after a cerebral death.
So, how to conjugate science with spirituality.
Our own realities, and everything in it, is just a product of our minds?

Thanks

1 Like

Scientists can’t even explain what conciousness is.

3 Likes

It’s less that there is no proof, and rather there isn’t currently a means of proving it with science. I’m sure with further technological advances (maybe in a century or two), there may be a way.

There are many scientists who practice religion and spirituality. Most of them see the physical realm as a mystery that mankind was meant to unravel themselves.

That’s a bit difficult to say… I think someone is doing research on that, but it seems to only be theories. There is (or was?) an exhibit in my city downtown about it.

2 Likes

Do ghosts really exist? I doubt it. My feeling is when you die, you die. It could be however that many feel such a strong emotional tie to the past that many deitys take advantage of… That some are deceived into believing in the dearly departed.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Levi (I think) compared the “uterine life” and the birth to life on earth and death; although he also wrote that a bubble of water, without a shell, it put in the sea would merge with it.
It would be important to understand/know whether we awake from sleep because the body lives, or if it “blocks” the soul. Indeed, there are some school of thought denying a survival to death, at least for the non-initiated.

Consciousness is everything and nothing. Can’t be graps with the modern scientific method.

1 Like