Saying Hello!

I’m new here. Just thought I’d say hello to everyone!
I’m looking to learn more about the occult practices and what it is truly capable of.
I look forward to working with you all.

Welcome @Wayfinder . Please tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. This post tell us nothing about you and does not meet the requirement of our rule regarding introductions.

How old are you?

Where do you hail from?

Do you have any experience in magick?

If so, what do you practice, and how long have you practiced?

If not, what areas of magick are you interested in?

This is important information to include in a proper introduction.

My apologies. I am 27. I “hail” from Texas. While I wouldn’t call myself an expert by any means, I am trained in a number of different healing practices like reiki and herbalism. I also have a bit of a talent for divination. Professionally I’m a Surgical Neurophysiologist by trade and am naturally fascinated by the gateways of the mind and biology. I have a significant interest in studying old theories of magic and finding new innovative ways of integrating them into technology that interfaces with the human body. Also, while I know virtually nothing about it, I would like to explore the possibilities of using magic to alter the human form (ie. shape-shifting/transformation). There is a rare book on the subject that I’ve been pursuing called “Ida Oloju Meji” or “The Two Edged Sword” by Prof. SMB Olorundare. Hope that suffices! Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience.

So, if I’m understanding you correctly, you have no experience in systems of magick, and mainly practice energy healing and divination?

I don’t know, honestly. I know everyone has a different idea of what does or doesn’t constitute “magick”. My knowledge is somewhat random and when I was taught it was never referred to as magick, so I wouldn’t know how to classify it. I was trained to some extent by a very talented woman on ways in which to communicate with the spirit of plants, herbs, and stones, setting my intent, and using them for various ritual purposes (not just as medicine but to bring about specific desired events), the creation of alters, and principles for both locating and creating places of power where the veil becomes thin. Hope that helps.