Saturian rituals of the night

Hey everyone,

I was wondering round town today and came across an old occult store, so naturally I went inside and discovered that they sold Athames. Given the fact that I was still looking for a decent one, I decided to test them all out and buy one. I was drawn to one particular blade (although it isn’t necessarily an athame, it’s more of a scythe), when I asked about its history (as all the items there had evidently been used in ritual by other black magicians in the past) I was told that it had been used by an occultist who had worked through the stages of the tree of life all the way up to Daath and had been used to summon spirits of Saturn and entities of darkness.

Before buying though, I decided to hold it and quickly see what it felt like energy wise, and to my surprise it was giving off some sort of energy on its own -it had definitely been infused with omnipotence before, and was evidently still carrying around the energy of the tree of life. I remember someone saying on one of my previous posts that I should treat each tool or crystal as its own entity and make sure it wanted to work with me before buying it, and I definitely feel like I can work with this athame. I am very curious as to its past though, so has anyone on here performed Saturnian rituals or worked closely with Daath? I feel like I want to tap into its power, but I want to know what kind of thing I’m dealing with before I do.

I haven’t worked with Daath because that discipline has never really spoken to me yet, but I have worked with Saturn over a prolonged period, this was in 2013 (just prior to joining here) and I asked Lord Saturn (personification of all forces of that Planet) to remove from my mind and heart all blocks to empowerment and ascent.

That was one of the most profound and powerful rituals I’ve ever done, even though it took the outward form of simple candle magick and some astral travel & channelling.

A lot of people try to paint Saturn as the “bad guy” of the planetary spheres, but I’ve found him anything but that, he’s the guru of certain forces just as much as Jupiter (which I also love and work with) is the guru of benevolence and expansion.

Because I was asked to share this, I’m going to link below to the Stoicheia (planetary syllables) exercise I use that’s from Stephen Flowers’ book Hermetic Magic - maybe you could try it, paying particular attention to the final Saturn syllable, and see what feelings that rouses in you - is it harmonious, does it feel forced, do any images or feelings of blockage come to mind?

Hopefully someone else will answer regarding Daath who has experience there, as well as other methods of working with Saturn as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks Eva, sorry for the late reply but I was trying out the Stoicheia. I actually started out with Saturn, I will definitely go through the rest of the letters later though. I started out as it says to on the sheet and didn’t really feel anything of importance, so I decided to pick up the athame, I cut around me in a circular direction (Deosil) and used it to pull light down and did the process again.

This time I immediately received a sigil:

[url=http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/Azael274/image_zpswwuh4yun.jpeg]http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/Azael274/image_zpswwuh4yun.jpeg[/url]
Although it’s in pencil there, it came through in black and red in my head, I just didn’t have the colours on hand lol

The athame was humming with energy when I did invoke the Saturn Omega aswell, more inclined to that God I suppose.

That feels like something I half recognise, this is fascinating - and yes I sometimes use just the Omega element, I remember doing it a lot when I worked with him in 2013. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this, the subject has always been something i want and recently has been tugging and pulling at me. just so I know- any good books, website, anything would be good.

[quote=“Azael, post:1, topic:7633”]Hey everyone,

I was wondering round town today and came across an old occult store, so naturally I went inside and discovered that they sold Athames. Given the fact that I was still looking for a decent one, I decided to test them all out and buy one. I was drawn to one particular blade (although it isn’t necessarily an athame, it’s more of a scythe), when I asked about its history (as all the items there had evidently been used in ritual by other black magicians in the past) I was told that it had been used by an occultist who had worked through the stages of the tree of life all the way up to Daath and had been used to summon spirits of Saturn and entities of darkness.

Before buying though, I decided to hold it and quickly see what it felt like energy wise, and to my surprise it was giving off some sort of energy on its own -it had definitely been infused with omnipotence before, and was evidently still carrying around the energy of the tree of life. I remember someone saying on one of my previous posts that I should treat each tool or crystal as its own entity and make sure it wanted to work with me before buying it, and I definitely feel like I can work with this athame. I am very curious as to its past though, so has anyone on here performed Saturnian rituals or worked closely with Daath? I feel like I want to tap into its power, but I want to know what kind of thing I’m dealing with before I do.[/quote]

I’m a bit confused it doesn’t quite jive about what the shop owner said about Daat, dark forces and Saturn. If we are talking about Thelema then was he talking about abyss magick? I kind of think your shop owner friend is full of it and just wants to make a sale is willing to string together some big occult terms and intice you into a purchase.

It definatley wasn’t Thelema, I know that much. The blade itself had been concentrated to Saturn and had apparently been used in Saturian ritual -what that was I don’t know. As far as Daath goes, it was used in a ritual regarding one of higher ends of the tree of life, I believe he said Daath but I could very well be wrong, it was used in Kabbalistic ritual and with the tree of life though. Either way, if it was a shady sale I’m not bothered too much since I did need an athame anyway -and it’s definitely got some residual energy inside it from what I’ve seen in my rituals using it so far

Do you really want some other persons intentions all over it?

I received 2 (previously loved) Atheme’s in an estate sale. I cleansed both, but one have never seen any use, while the other one is my primary atheme in ritual. I did personalize it, and alter its appearance so perhaps that’s why it has become so comfortable to me. I feel no residue on it whatsoever, but yes in general terms I don’t forsee a time where I would ever use someone else’s (a complete stranger’s) magickal tools.

In this scenario yes and no. I performed a basic cleansing on it, which seemed to “lighten” it’s energy feel, but when I am performing rituals -especially Saturian or planetary rituals, I feel it’s energy a lot more. I can understand that it might interfere with my intention at times, but I do plan on customising it more than it is right now. I feel as if the energy that I imbued it with works quite well with the energy already inside it, the conflicting types don’t seem to cause any issues for the rituals Ives used it for, in fact it’s the opposite, my energy work has never been better than when I was using it, my visualisations improved as did my ability to feel it.
I will cleanse it even more, and customise it obviously, but from initial observation there aren’t any issues

I love getting second-hand tools and stuff, they’re usually powerful spirits in their own right (not just “things”), and have found their way to me deliberately, and they’ve been among my best and most useful items. Just my 2¢. :slight_smile:

Interesting point. If they have an attraction to a strong magick user, it does make sense to me that they would be guided by the spirits into your care.