Satanism and Wicca confusion

Hey guys

I am confused about satanism and wicca. Are they the same religion? What’s the difference between the two religions? Can I use my Wiccan magick tools for satanic rituals? Help would be appreciated.

Seriously, dude? They are not even close to being in the same neighborhood as the same religion.

Pick up a book sometime.

Wicca is a nature based religion, with the Feminine represented by the Goddess and the Masculine represented by the Horned God.

Satanism is not nature based. It does not include the Goddess and God. Depending on what version of Satanism you follow, it either worships the Christian idea of the Devil, and his demons, or it is atheistic and about self worship.

No, you cannot use consecrated Wiccan tools for Satanic Rituals, unless you plan on blaspheming and corrupting the energy inside them.

And, before you post any more, please make sure you post an introduction in the Intro thread. It is one of the forum rules.

1 Like

If your looking to break away for all the “Thou Shalt Not” of wicca and find your own morality through satanism go for it. And if you want to go back to just wicca as long as you cleanse that energy out of your tools you should not and any problems. Sometimes it’s easier to do it that way, unless you are ok with ending up with a mountain of ritual tools you have to sift through every time you want to try something a little different. Use your own judgement on things like that and you should be fine.

What DarkestKnight says is mostly accurate.

Emphasis on mostly.

It depends on the tradition,on the rituals,on the entities,and on the individual.

Some Wiccans believe demons are a Christian fearmongering invention.Some of them recognize demons,but not the devil,and believe dark magicians work with demons(which is absolutely true).Some of them recognize the demonolatric view(daemonolatry is IMO part of the RHP),that demons are in fact demonized Pagan gods.

Depends on the rites.If it’s psychological and not actually using magic mojo powah(since a good deal of Satanists don’t believe in magic),then it is more than OK.

If it is real magic,it depends on the rites.But generally speaking it won’t blaspheme the energy.Some magicians use kitchen knives as athames,so separating a RHP and a LHP seems like energy neat freak(which I totally dig it’s just not me).

It is advised you look into both.Wicca believes in Horned God and Triple Goddess,for the most part,and the universal powers of magic.Satanism may recognize demons as psychological,demons as literal,demons and the devil alone as psychological,demons and the devil both as literal,and a myriad of other beliefs.

Most Satanists,for example,don’t really worship or even believe in Satan.They just deify themselves.

To answer briefly,I will quote something Wiccan and something Satanic.

SATANISM

In the closing of the The Book of Satan in The Satanic Bible, LaVey compiled a list of characteristics he endorsed versus those he condemned, adapted from the list found in Might is Right.

Blessed are the strong for they shall possess the earth
Cursed are the weak for they shall inherit the yoke
Blessed are the powerful for they shall be reverenced among men
Cursed are the feeble for they shall be blotted out
Blessed are the bold for they shall be masters of the world
Cursed are the righteously humble for they shall be trodden under cloven hoofs
Blessed are the victorious for victory is the basis for right
Cursed are the vanquished for they shall be vessels forever
Blessed are the iron-handed, the unfit shall flee before them
Cursed are the poor in spirit for they shall be spat upon
Blessed are the death defiant, their days shall be long in the land
Cursed are the gazers toward a richer life beyond the grave, for they shall perish amidst plenty
Blessed are the destroyers of false hope for they are the true messiahs
Cursed are the God-adorers for they shall be shorn sheep
Blessed are the valiant for they shall obtain great treasure
Cursed are the believers of good and evil for they are frightened by shadows
Blessed are those that believe in what is best for them, for never shall their minds be terrorized
Cursed are the “lambs of God” for they shall be bled whiter than snow
Blessed is the man who has a sprinkling of enemies for they shall make him a hero
Cursed is he who doeth good unto others who sneer upon him in return, for he shall be despised
Blessed are the mighty-minded for they shall ride the whirlwinds
Cursed are they who teach lies for truth and truth for lies, for they are abominations
Thrice cursed are the weak whose insecurity makes them vile, for they shall serve and suffer
The angel of self-deceit and camped in the souls of the “righteous”
The eternal flame of power through joy dwelleth within the flesh of the Satanist

WICCA

This is the Wiccan rede:

Bide ye Wiccan laws ye must,
in perfect love and perfect trust
Live ye must and let to live,
fairly take and fairly give
Form the circle thrice about,
to keep unwelcome spirits out
To bind the spell well every time,
let the spell be spake in rhyme
Soft of eye and light of touch,
speak ye little, listen much
Deosil go by the waxing moon,
sing and dance the Wiccan rune
Widdershins go by the waning moon,
chanting out the baleful tune
When the Lady’s moon is new,
kiss the hand to her times two
When the moon rides at Her peak,
then the heart’s desire seek
Heed the north wind’s mighty gale,
lock the door and trim the sail
When the wind comes from the south,
love will kiss kiss thee on the mouth
When the wind blows from the west,
departed souls will have no rest
When the wind blows from the east,
expect the new and set the feast
Nine woods in the cauldron go,
burn them quick and burn them slow
Elder be the Lady’s tree,
burn it not or cursed you’ll be
When the wheel begins to turn,
soon the Beltain fires will burn
When the wheel has turned to Yule,
light the log the Horned One rules
Heed ye flower, bush and tree,
by the Lady blessed be
Where the rippling waters flow,
cast a stone and the truth you’ll know
When you have and hold a need,
hearken not to others’ greed
With a fool no season spend,
nor be counted as his friend
Merry meet and merry part,
bright the cheeks and warm the heart
Mind the threefold law ye should,
three times bad and three times good
When misfortune is anow,
wear the star upon thy brow
True in love you must ever be,
lest thy love be false to thee
These eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill,
An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will

Need I say more? :wink:

Hi Kamikaze2030, welcome to the forum!

First, please take a moment to post an introduction here - it’s one of the Rules of this forum. :slight_smile:

Secondly, I see you had a question about the free trials etc., that’s best sent to https://becomealivinggod.zendesk.com/ - don’t worry if you don’t get an immediate reply, but someone should get back to you within 48 hours.

As to the reason people are suggesting you read books, I’m going to copy below a short excerpt of advice from a magician called Josephine McCarthy - while she doesn’t favour the study of black magick per se, she’s a very wise and committed magician, so please do read this if you want to understand why people don’t just say “Oh yes satanism is like wicca except for X, Y Z” or something similarly “helpful”:

Magic needs a curious mind – the learning dilemma for magical students.

… the amount of times people have emailed me, total strangers, with no introduction, no background info, not even a name, just a text speak sentence like: ‘tell me about eastern magic’, or ‘can you explain what magic is’, ‘can you tell me about Kabbalah but only in a few sentences as I am really busy and I don’t like to read a lot (yes, really….)’. The best one was, ‘I want to know what is in one of your books, but it has a lot of pages, so can you just bullet point it for me’ (I shit you not).

These and other sad but hilarious emails highlight this sense of entitlement (you don’t know me, but I want you to spend your whole day explaining something to me), along with the inability to learn for themselves. For instance, one question, ‘is there magic in India, if so what is it and how does it work”. Apart from the fact that you cannot truly answer such a question without writing a whole book, there is a thing called the internet, with amazing things called ‘search engines’ that one can use. Starting with a couple of words like, ‘magic’, ‘India’, and then maybe adding in, ‘mythology’, ‘mystics’, you can spend months reading various texts and books available on line. And the absolute joy of this is that you can focus in on one aspect that catches your eye, and search that, which opens up another vista of information. And on and on it goes. It’s called research.

Only then will a person slowly start to build discernment, and be able to separate the bullshit from the gems. It’s a process. And that process starts with curiosity, the willingness to read, digest, discover, ponder, look further, check facts, and check sources (and recognize the total bollocks): those steps slowly edge the person in to the subject matter. It’s called learning. It is very useful at times.

Full article: JosephineMcCarthy.com.

If you’ve been working with Wiccan methods, understanding the differences and the different philosophies of the schools of thought in Satanism (forum member RavensAscent posted an excellent article about the different types, you can find it here), that will give you a foundation for understanding what personal tools you can re-use, and what not, and how to use Satanic concepts and practices without losing the benefit of the empowerment and knowledge you’ve acquired so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you thinking of using the same tools for both? Using two different sets of banishing/consecration rites could work. Or, they could be consecrated to the appropriate elements, which would make them multi-purpose (to me, anyway.)

Also, if you’re thinking of leaving Wicca, most forms of Satanism I know encourage blasphemy to rid yourself of previous paradigms. Could be something to look in to.