Saint Work

Apologies if there is already a thread on this topic, I did search but didn’t find anything.

I saw that TWF made a thread to thank Saint Apollonia and though it would be a good idea to make a broader thread to discuss saint work. This thread can be for asking questions, swapping stories, or even offering thanks to these wonderful saints who have blessed our lives.

Just a little background for those who are newer to Saints or Magic in general:

Saints are the elevated dead who, for whatever reason, have decided to stick around and aid the living. They come from a variety of religious backgrounds (not all are Catholic) and some are spirits that work with the “face” of a saint, meaning a certain spirit will answer and work under the saint’s name.

From my experience the Saints don’t really care what religion or path you identify as, if you are in need and ask respectfully they generally come through.

For example the beginning of 2012 saw my wife and myself in a new home but completely out of money. My new job had yet to pay me as I started work in the middle of a pay period, and I wouldn’t get paid for a week more. Rent was due in two days and things looked bleak.

We were getting a kick back in our Pell Grant and we were owed enough for two months rent. We had expected that money to come in in the next week as well.

Scared that my wife and I would be evicted from our appartment I turned to St. Expedite. He is essentially the patron saint of speedy cases, need something you are owed in a hurry? Call on Saint Expedite.

I made a makeshift altar with a candle and a picture of a the saint, and then started to talk to him. I told him that I was owed money from my Pell Grant and I needed now. I explained how dire my situation was. I told him that the money was rightfully mine, but since the government and my school were so slow with financial aid I usually got my left over Pell Grant Money late. I pled my case as best I could and then went to bed.

The next morning I woke up, logged into my bank account and found the money there. I was elated as I offered thanks to St. Expedite and left him a pound cake and glass of water as payment and thanks.

Since that time I have never had a Pell Grant clear so quickly and I am eternally grateful for St. Expedite.

4 Likes

I have worked with St. Jeanne d’Arc in the past, mostly on behalf of a French friend. My experience was that St. Jeanne cares very deeply for both France and the French people. I guess the takeaway from this is that if you want to work with a Saint, and are trying to find the one who fits your need, don’t forget about the patrons of the various countries.

I’ve been working with Santo Nino de Atocha for a while, initially I brought him into my home for my mothers sake but it turns out I had a soft spot for him too. I accredit him with fixing things here at home and have come to experience the he works quite quickly in regards to finances. I’ve gone to him everytime is need to get out of a rut and he never fails me.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be alive if not for Santa Muerte, so I’ll be eternally grateful to that saint. I’m not sure why saint veneration is a more popular practice. It’s one of the most effective ways to have your prayers come true, and all they want is some water, light, and attention (usually).

And yes St. Expedite is awesome too

Thought I’d share this as it pertains to Saint Cyprian of Antioch (Saint of sorcery and necromancy)

Near the bottom there is a nice exercise for building a relationship with the spirit, that can be used for other spirits for different purposes (common sense and discretion advised)

[url=http://curiouscurandera.blogspot.com/2009/03/san-cipriano-patron-st-of-magicians.html?m=1]Curious Curandera: San Cipriano: Patron St of Magicians, Sorcerers, and Witchcraft

I second -TWF-'s recommendation of Saint Cyprian. He’s one of the first saints I came across that I found very helpful.

There’s also a bunch of occult books you can get on this particular saint as well. Here and here for example.

Do Buddhas and Bodhisattvas count as saints?

Hajjis,and Imams?

All saints?

Not according to dogmatic religious beliefs but I’d wager to bet they can be worked with in similar ways as any other dead who have been elevated due to veneration.

Huh…I was actually quite skeptical about the presence of Hajjis,and Imams,since Islam makes such a huge emphasis on monotheism,and not venerating anything except Allah,so I find myself somewhat doubtful about that…

Although,Muhammed,while technically a prophet,should also count as something of a saint…I believe he’d happily answer my calls…

Well Im far from anywhere near knowledgeable about Islam but what I mean is if there were people in the Quran they can likely be worked with.

For example the Apostles of the Bible may not be “Saints” per se but they can be called to intercede on one’s behalf. For example Daniel from the Bible or other prophets may be good to call upon for seership or the gift of prophecy. Moses who also was not a Saint could be called to assist those who were wrongly imprisoned or oppressed. Solomon is often called upon for wisdom and knoedge as well as spiritual power as he was a mage as well as a wise king.

Remember when working with these spirits that they were once living people with their own imperfections and quirks. Do your research and try to get on their good side and build a relationship with them. Know whay they like and dislike, I wouldn’t offer Mohammad a ham sandwich as an offering nor would I offer a Saint who abstained from alcohol wine or rum. When in doubt prayer and sincerity has always been my go to for estsblishing a relationship.

1 Like

[quote=“-TWF-, post:10, topic:4761”]Well Im far from anywhere near knowledgeable about Islam but what I mean is if there were people in the Quran they can likely be worked with.

For example the Apostles of the Bible may not be “Saints” per se but they can be called to intercede on one’s behalf. For example Daniel from the Bible or other prophets may be good to call upon for seership or the gift of prophecy. Moses who also was not a Saint could be called to assist those who were wrongly imprisoned or oppressed. Solomon is often called upon for wisdom and knoedge as well as spiritual power as he was a mage as well as a wise king.

Remember when working with these spirits that they were once living people with their own imperfections and quirks. Do your research and try to get on their good side and build a relationship with them. Know whay they like and dislike, I wouldn’t offer Mohammad a ham sandwich as an offering nor would I offer a Saint who abstained from alcohol wine or rum. When in doubt prayer and sincerity has always been my go to for estsblishing a relationship.[/quote]

Despite not being in the Islamic faith(at least not fully :P) I still carry with me the habits of my youth,so I indubitably wouldn’t give the prophet a ham sandwich considering I am thoroughly disgusted around pork.

When I was a child,I had a habit of looking down on the people who studied religion to memorize long arabic phrases and pray by recitation,and never get any result because they had no intent.

And then I’d be there,praying with no words at all(just thinking in pictures) and almost always I’d get what I wanted or needed.I am completely serious with that,and sometimes Allah can help.That’s the main benefit of being so eclectic of a magician.I don’t care where it comes from,as long as it works,and it works for me,then I’m gonna use it.

And I think that I already do have a relationship with said prophet.After all,my grandmother was Turkish,I grew up in a mostly Muslim country(where I live now),ergo I think that now all that I’ve got to do is get out of the armchair and actually evoke Muhammed,and see if he may help me.

Once I find a goal to direct this magic towards;that is.And of course,once I find the time to be less lazy.:stuck_out_tongue:

I am thankful for all the input here.So,believe me when I say that I thank thee.

I need help figuring out the offering to the Saint?

In many books it will tell you stuff like the Saint’s color, favorite food, what incense they like, other things like this. So you know how to connect with them symbolically.

What if no one knows tells you the color for the saint, or what their favorite incense is?

Is there a general offering you can make to any Saint, when you first approach them.

A candle, a glass of water, and sincere prayer.

1 Like

Ok, I have all that stuff. Thank you.