Sa Ta Na Ma

I searched Satanama and only got a couple of results that really didn’t address my question. I do a lot of research and I looked into Satanama and among all the info I was reading was the meditation practice “sa ta na ma”. Are they related? And by chance, might this be a good type of meditation to connect with “satan”, or who I would call Lucifer. Or is it just kind of coincidence with the names of all this stuff.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Lucifer doesn’t like being called “Satan”.

Even then, it could be a coincidence, because Satan is more of a title than it is a name. Demons like Belial and Azazel are also called Satan.

2 Likes

The meditation you’re talking about is used in kundalini yoga traditionally. It’s from a completely different system and culture that has nothing to do with the figure of Satan.

It’s designed to just allow your mind to rest and not sound like anything

However in the west it sounds like Satan to us so probably doesn’t have the effect it was intended

So yeah short answer you can work with it however you want. It is designed also to raise kunalini energy and if you do that through the entity of Satan or Lucifer would probably work out quite well for that purpose

Up to you how to want to use it

4 Likes

I’ve been going to traditional Kundalini classes for almost a decade and pretty sure it has nothing to do with Satan.

This is taken from Yogapedia and it explains Sa Ta Na Ma

The origins of the mantra, sa ta na ma, are in one of the most ancient mantras, traditionally used for its powerful uplifting effect: sat nam , which can be translated as “true identity” or “my true essence.” Some say that the sounds of sa ta na ma have no meaningful translation and that their power is in the way they stimulate the acupressure points in the palate of the mouth when chanting them. Others say that they correspond to:

• Sa — birth, beginning and the totality of the cosmos
  • Ta — life, existence and creativity manifest
  • Na — death and transformation
  • Ma — rebirth, regeneration and consciously experiencing the joy of the Infinite

In using the three voices for sa ta na ma, different aspects of the meaning are invoked. Singing it represents action; whispering it symbolizes the inner mind, or the romantic nature of the self; and silent repetition honors the spiritual voice.

Benefits of sa ta na ma include that it is believed to activate the higher chakras and reset the pineal and pituitary glands.

5 Likes