Runes?

Shortly after I felt drawn to Brigid, my mind also veered towards runes. Any advice on this? I know there are different types and I’ve ordered a book about them but I honestly didnt even know what they were used for until I looked it up. Would anybody be willing to share anything useful on them? Doesn’t even have to be “how to use them,” per say. Even just a fun fact would be nice. Thanks in advance!

6 Likes

The runes are easily the most versatile and useful magickal system I’ve learned. You can do it on the go if you memorize them! I work the elder futhark because it’s the first one I knew. And each Rune has an infinity of secrets to discover. I’m always finding different ways to work the runes. You can put several runes together to form a bind Rune. That’s one of my favorite ways to work them.

To work a Bind Rune, select the runes you want and then combine them in a design. Make it as intricate or as simple as you want. Then, chant the galdr of each Rune in the bindrune nine times while gazing at it. After each galdr is sung, state aloud the role that individual Rune has in the Bind Rune. When it’s completely charged, state your intent overall for the Bind Rune and blow on it. That’s how I work the runes.

10 Likes

@FraterMagni that’s really interesting! If I were to use them, what style would you recommend for a beginner? Something tells me that the Bind Rune is something that comes with a lot of experience?

1 Like

I would honestly reccomend you get started reading and working with the runes. Learn what each Rune means and how they translate to English. Once you begin to grasp the concept of some of the runes, make Rune scripts in spell work. And you’re right, binding runes together takes a little bit of experiences but once you’ve learned and memorized the runes, you’ll be binding them like a pro in no time!

3 Likes

I work with Runes and like @FraterMagni use bindrunes in workings that I want to be especially strong and lasting…I recently made one and carved it into a friend’s hazel walking stick.

Runes are my go to in Divination when I’m really stuck and the tarot is being obscure.
I use a very simple method of thinking of the issue while putting my hand in the bag of runes and moving them around…the Rune which has a message for me literally sticks to my hand/fingers.

5 Likes

I love Runes!!!
They can be used as a written language (which i am able to fluently do).
They can be used in divination and each rune has a meaning behind them. Although i like using the original translations of the runes themselves… I could tell you more about it if you want.
But the runes can also be used for their specific attributes… Some protect some help with travel others help with talking… They are very versatile in their uses.

3 Likes

@FantomGirl awesome. How long have you been working with them? :slight_smile:

1 Like

About 5 years i think… Although i don’t work with them regularly. But i do enjoy using them whenever needed.

(I trust them more than Tarot cards to be honest with you).

3 Likes

@FantomGirl that’s interesting if I’m honest. I had been wondering which was more trustworthy. At first i assumed that tarot cards were but that’s probably just because I was more familiar with the idea of them.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel about them!

1 Like

Really? That’s awesome that someone else does too. @Amber

I feel like they have a more ancient and potent energy than Tarot cards. Plus they are not as easily thwarted or manipulated to get an answer you want.

But i understand that Tarot cards work but its just a personal opinion on them.

1 Like

Yeah i think it depends on the personal opinions and ideas as well as first hand experience with tarot and runes for divination.

Not quite. Like the runes the tarot connects to specific energy currents but it does take first ha d experience to truly get a feel for what each is to use and interpret them for various situations. Similarly to working with astrology. It has its own practices involved with ritual involving both the elements and planets and divination aspects but that takes study and practice to wield well and accurately.

Edit. As a side note you can evoke the energies of each card in the tarot just as you can with the runes, elements and planets. If your up for the experience it can be very insightful but challenging at times, same with most magick geared towards transformation.

2 Likes

Wow, have you been peeking into my mind? :wink:
This is why I love them so much, all that ancient wisdom and knowledge sitting in those markings…simply awesome (in the old sense of the word)

Haha and trust me I have tried (just messing)
Very true, which is why they are my go to esp if I’m really frustrated or puzzled about an issue with myself.

1 Like

Very true @Dinmiatus

I understand that but i suppose (for better words), personal practice leads to what a magician of witchcraft/occult will use in divination or any other form of magickal workings.

Totally lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We think alike in this so much. Glad to have found somebody like you :black_heart:

1 Like

This is true. until you have a good understanding both energetically, intellectually and experiencally with a specific tool any efforts in divination will rely heavily on intuition for the practitioner and guess or book knowledge for the layman.

1 Like

Very true as well. @Dinmiatus

I don’t do much with divination at the moment but i know that when i was into it more that i used my intuition a lot.

Ditto!! Kindred x

1 Like

I know the feeling. At this point i use candles for divination in the general since of my own situations. But this is after having used dozens of store bought and handmade candle in ritual over the last year and change and witnessed all kinds of crazy shit happen with them and connected to various context.

1 Like