Rune tattoos from Freya, Odin & Thor for protection in war

Hello everyone,

I am very new here, I had never heard of this website but I am glad I found it.
For me, belief in the ‘old’ Pagan gods has always been very private because in the christian environment I grew up in had no tolerance for it. I gotta say, I wish we Pagans had as many places for spiritual guidance as the christians have with al their churches in every town and city.

The reason I ask for your help is because I am thinking of enlisting in the Ukrainian Foreign Legion to help them fight of the genocidal, thieving and raping Russian army. But before I go there I want to prepare as good as possible, so also spiritually and magically. My three personal favorite gods are Freya, Odin & Thor and I would like to tattoo protection runes on my body who are related to these three gods. Thor because he is just and his powerful strength, Odin because of his infinite wisdom and battle madness and Freya (my most favorite of all the gods) because of her love and her skill in warfare. The war in Ukraine is an incredible horrible one (what war isnt but still) with the things you see, experience and emotions that come with it is easy to lose yourself and lose the capability of love.

So love is very important to me and Freya is the Goddes of Love & War so I definitly want her protection and blessings if possible. But love makes you also a fool if you don’t look out so I really need the Allfathers wisdom if he grants me that but of all the gods, Odin I fear the most. His battle madness is something I rather have on my side and not on my enemies side. And Thor’s protection I want/need for his powerfull strength and his sense of justice. So in short, I want to be capable of love where I can, go berserk when I really need to but also have the wisdom to be fair, just and merciful.

Does anyone of you know wich Runes I need to use for this? And if so, in what way is it safe to tattoo them on my body so I have the protection of them? I would hate it if I tattoo this on my body for protection but actually casting a curse over myself… How do I make sure that won’t happen?

I thank you for reading my message and if you know something that could help me with this I would really appreciate it if you could give me some pointers or advise on how to do this responsibly and safe without anger the Gods or Mother Nature.

3 Likes

Welcome @Smorgasborg It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Thanks for the heads up! I just made an introduction.

2 Likes

Fehu for Freyr/Freya

Thurisaz for Thor

Othala is typically attributed to Odin.

Odin is very multifaceted though, and since he “picked up the runes screaming” you could say anything to do with the runes at all has something to do with Odin.

1 Like

I don’t see how this would happen unless you’re using something more elaborate. (Sequences of runes, staves, etc)

In which case you could consult with someone that does a lot of work with runes and is very familiar with them.

1 Like

You can also get a tattoo of the helm of awe that fafnir wore on his head. They still use it in Iceland before competitions. It looks like the Compass tattoo so make sure you get the correct one.

1 Like

That is something you could always do!

Thurisaz is a great protection rune. So is Algiz and kinda Othala but Othala is more of a home thing.

Let me know if you’re looking for something for more specific or a bind rune and I can offer more help :blush:

1 Like