Rune Advice

I’m just looking for some advice and opinions. Lately I’ve been getting the urge to get another tattoo, and my friend came up with a brilliant idea. Get the runes that mean the most to you tattooed. So I have come up with ten runes that mean a lot, and I’m looking for thoughts on my choices, as I’m still a bit of a novice when it comes to the runes.
I chose: Wunjo, Thurisaz, Algiz, Tiwaz, Fehu, Hagalaz, Ansuz, Isa, Dagaz and Sowilo.

What are people’s advice on my choices?

1 Like

I don’t know much about runes yet but what I know is that you don’t see runes that much as tattoos nowadays so I think it would be an awesome idea! If you would live in Sweden there is a risk of people thinking that you are a racist (yea I know it’s crazy).
Personally I love the look of runes.
Is there any rules about mixing runes together or can you just mix and match as you want?

I know about the thing in Sweden. It sucks that Neo Nazi’s have stolen our symbols.

2 Likes

Are you planning on combining them for a bind rune? I only know of their attributes in “Futhark” and the nice little tome called “Myrkþursablót.” Some runes have elemental affinities and would have to see if you could balance them out in the tattoo. For example, Isa is of ice while Sowilo is of fire. Merge them and you get Thurisaz.

2 Likes

I’d be careful if you don’t know what the runes mean. You could end up with bad luck or you worse. I have three Rune tattoos and I only chose runes that promote growth, love, happiness, and power.

4 Likes

No, not a bind rune. Each rune will be tattooed on an individual finger.

1 Like

I know what the runes mean. I just want to know if it’s a good idea to tattoo them.

1 Like

I’d say go right ahead then! Don’t forget to activate them with galdr! And show them off to the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, there you have me. Galdr, that’s calling the runes by name, right? Remind me how to do that again?

1 Like

So true

1 Like

I just vibrate the names of the runes like a mantra, nine times per Rune while gazing at the Rune and visualizing what effect you want it to have. @Khay The original Nazis stole them too. But they’re being taken back. Norse pagans and practitioners need to remember how culturally open and open minded the old Norse were.

3 Likes

I’m following this guide:

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/galdr.html

1 Like

Sunnyway is a great resource. Another good one is GaldrNet. Don’t agree with either site on everything but they have an excellent grasp on the runes.

1 Like

I just started learning about them not to long ago , this helped me so much Haha.

1 Like

OK.

Al.