Ritual working group

Based off the “Friends with benifits” thread, the idea behind this concept is to get a bunch of members performing the same ritual and then posting back on their findings.

The goals would be to colate data on the perceived effectiveness of various rituals, expose members to variety of different styles and give those of us who perhaps feel a little lost in the wash of data availble to new magicians a clear plan to work to whilst getting comparitive feed back.

Basis outline of how I see this going down
-Ritual/working is selected by vote or consensus
-a full guide on how to perform the working is posted
-members perform the working
-members report back on their findings from the working, comments on feelings, knowledge gained, modifications they might make, etc.
-repeat

This is just putting the feelers out at the moment to see who would be keen

Sure…I am in…I am always in need of developing new abilities and the only way to acquire any of these is the actual work of doing them…I have a long wait to go, for sure… so count me in to learn.

Maxx

My curiosity has been aroused…

Sounds pretty cool. I’ll stay tuned as this develops.

I’m most likely game aswell.

This does sound good and would most likely be a good opportunity for trying some new things and gaining experience. I’m interested.

Sounds interesting.

Im in Soundwave. I’m eager to try new rituals, and having them explained step by step helps newbies like myself try new forms of magick and step out of my comfort zone. Can’t wait. Magick is like a muscle, in order to build muscle and continue to get more buff, you need to change your routine and stress your muscles in different ways to avoid a plateau.

So I’m pretty happy with the level of interest at this stage. I’m thinking an evocation of a elemental king of planetary intelligence for the first round, fairly reliable and benign entities that due to their broad level of influence should be able to offer all participants something useful for their time.
Unless anyone has any other suggestions I’ll work out all the details this week with the aim of getting this started for the week after

Is it still too late for me to join? It would be good practice getting ready for the friends with benefits and I’ve been wanting to evoke an elemental king.

Definitly not too late

The way I want to run this is that people will be able to join when ever and even go back and perform previous workings to compare with the results we obtain.

Actually, everyone on this forum should be involved as evocation is probably the reason most people even joined this site…A great way to learn…with doing…

Uncle Fester

That sounds like a good idea soundwave! I like it. And doing is the best way to learn it seems. I feel that Knowledge is potential to be learned.

Evocation is one of the most intense types of ritual magick to perform. Would it be folly for me to just jump in the deep end and do it, considering I have little experience with magick?

Or should I wait? Even though I feel an amazingly strong urge to start evocation. Thanks in advance.

Ryan.

I really want to join aswell, although I can first begin with this right after halloween.

[quote=“Ryan, post:14, topic:541”]Evocation is one of the most intense types of ritual magick to perform. Would it be folly for me to just jump in the deep end and do it, considering I have little experience with magick?

Or should I wait? Even though I feel an amazingly strong urge to start evocation. Thanks in advance.

Ryan.[/quote]
As a general rule I’d say you should follow the strong urges you get when you get them. I don’t see any problem with starting on evocation early on. :slight_smile:

That’s a great Idea ,This is a real magician’s group
when shall we Begin

I accept your offer. Ready for the first round? Yes!!

[quote=“Ryan, post:14, topic:541”]Evocation is one of the most intense types of ritual magick to perform. Would it be folly for me to just jump in the deep end and do it, considering I have little experience with magick?

Ryan.[/quote]

Dive right in, I intend for us to work with on of the elemental kings to start with so that those who don’t have a whole lot of experience can get involved.

I am hoping to have the whole thing drawn up in next few days so that people can take advantage of the weekend to do the working.

i am looking forward to this. i have never actually attempted full evocation as described in Evoking Eternity. last couple of months i’ve been setting up my temple room, studying and practicing, organizing my life in general so i may commit more time for magickal work. i still haven’t obtained a ritual dagger, though. i cannot seem to find a “right one”.

last few days, i have finally managed to get the feel of invoking omnipotence. i still don’t see anything buzzing around me, but i can feel it. so i guess now is the time to start evoking.

Just remember: when you evoke, you probably succeeded so act as if you have indeed succeeded. Even if you can’t perceive the entity directly, greet them, give them their task, thank them for coming and dismiss them. Your will can often do more than the rest of you is ready for, so behave as if it is so.

It is better to give imaginary audience to an entity that isn’t there than to have one show up and leave it hanging. :slight_smile: