Ritual Magick Question

It seems that in most systems of the occult, one imagines the goal as if it is actually occurring, feeling the emotions and sensations associated with having it fulfilled, ending with the operator being fully drained and unattached. I have been wondering however, why is it only in forms of black magic and curses that the end result is ritualistically achieved, e.g. killing a fetish of the victim, rather than visualizing the desired result from the start? Does this have to do with the negative emotions generated during the rite? This has been puzzling me for a while.

Destroying a fetish as opposed to creating a talisman?

Sympathetic magic is in no wise restricted to the black arts. Once the the symbol of the target is created and one has obtained gnosis of the fact that the symbol IS the target once more and that whatever one does to it symbolically is actually happening to the target. That gnosis is the basis of everything and the sympathetic method just one means of obtaining it. I suppose it’s obvious enough why destroying, say, a poppet is such an effective tool with curses. On the other hand, how one would even go about constructing such a ritual for some ‘white’ magic workings is anyone’s guess.

[quote=“Poete Maudit, post:2, topic:507”]Destroying a fetish as opposed to creating a talisman?

Sympathetic magic is in no wise restricted to the black arts. Once the the symbol of the target is created and one has obtained gnosis of the fact that the symbol IS the target once more and that whatever one does to it symbolically is actually happening to the target. That gnosis is the basis of everything and the sympathetic method just one means of obtaining it. I suppose it’s obvious enough why destroying, say, a poppet is such an effective tool with curses. On the other hand, how one would even go about constructing such a ritual for some ‘white’ magic workings is anyone’s guess.[/quote]

Ritually imbued symbolic plants