Rite of Deification: not for the meek

Yes I have noticed the same negative effect. My spiritual sight and hearing in particular are better when I’m eating clean and exercising. I think it has a lot to do with the pineal and pituitary gland function, which are associated with spiritual experience.
As for the ritual, I think we could have a deification circle going before too long.

3 Likes

Hey, @J.A.Ragnarson (or anyone else familiar with the rite). In your opinion, why is it necessary to evoke the other person at a distance? As in, wouldn’t it be simpler to have the recipient there in the flesh during the actual rite and just trigger a direct energy transfer from the sacrifice? My friend and I want to give this a try but were wondering if it there was any reason we couldn’t both be present at the ritual.

This should absolutely be possible. I had been discussing this possibility with someone else recently. As long as the recipient is in the proper state of consciousness it should work fine. If he or she is just sitting there eating tater chips it’s not gonna work, but if your friend is in a meditative trance inside the triangle you should be good.

7 Likes

Speaking the rite of deification, I’ve just performed it for someone else. The elements and nature always respond in interesting ways when I do this rite. Coyotes seem to be Shemyaza’s signature when he comes.

3 Likes

Glad to hear that your still doing the rite @J.A.Ragnarson i have not been on balg that much to get another recipient

1 Like

Cool, that’s encouraging to hear. Do you think we should alter the part of the rite that deals with summoning the recipient’s spirit forth then? Or would this still be a good thing to include in order to help manifest their astral body during the procedure so that the sacrificial energy can more easily enter them?

This is probably a question for JS but I’ll try to answer. In my experience, being on the receiving end is extremely disorienting. I do feel that the evocation of the astral form is beneficial, but once you’ve done that and made the sacrifice, the recipient may be unconscious. You certainly should not attempt to perform this for each other in the same night. Your results will not be optimal. For the recipient to get the full benefit, and even to be properly evoked, he needs to be in theta or lower brain wave activity. That means trance or sleep.
That said, I haven’t tried this without the evocation, so I’d be curious to see your results. I’m going to ask the expert about this. Keep in mind if you do it wrong, you’ve killed a chicken for nothing…

4 Likes

Because even after the first recipient wakes up, they’ll still feel groggy & unable to properly perform the evocation for the other person? Yeah, I was originally thinking of doing this for each other in the same night but might have to space it out into two rituals if this is the case. :thinking:

I’d appreciate you asking this question of JS, thank you kindly!

Yes, the other person should be allowed to fully recover. In theory it may be possible. How do we truly know what the possibilities are until we experiment?

3 Likes

Experimentation is the fun part :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

3 Likes

One last note. When I Evoke a human being, I use a photo in much the same way you would activate a sigil. When the astral body leaves the physical one, the photo begins to fade in and out, glow with an aura, etc. While I gaze at it I call the full name of the individual, and dob, “John Doe Smith, born 1-1-1981” or whatever, and I command their spirit to take its place before me in the triangle/flame/mirror etc. You will see much of the same activity in a human’s image as you will in a spirit’s sigil as you call. Good luck and please report your experiences for us!

3 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, but when you say “Rite of Deification”, are you implying that your buddy became a deity in his own right?

I’m implying nothing. I’m saying that I performed the “Rite of Deification” as defined by BALG author J.S. Garrett in Anthology of Sorcery 3. I performed the rite, but I didn’t name it or define it. Interpretation is up to you. The object is to work together with other magi to empower each other with the life force of a sacrifice. The old gods seemed to like it, so why shouldn’t the new ones? This site IS named Become A Living God isn’t it? Our path is the never ending process of becoming, emphasis on the path and not the end goal.

4 Likes

Sorry for the late response BUT…this is very interesting. When I first realized that I “had a gift” for reading people, it was always using a photo. When I gaze at the photo, it begins to animate (like the newspapers in Harry Potter). Sometimes I can even project into the scene. This is 1000X more effective than when I try to connect to the energy of the target.

It’s neat to see another magician have another use of a very similar method!

4 Likes

Oh yea when it comes to reading people, or any kind of psychic faculties, magick, etc. it is much easier with a photo. It’s no wonder some indigenous peoples claim that having your photo taken steals your soul. Some Native Americans in the early days of photography would refuse to have theirs taken.

3 Likes

Makes sense from an energetic perspective. If ya think about how dna from blood,nail, hairs ect can provide a direct energetic link the image of a person or one they connect with acts like a energetic snapshot provideing a vibrational link that can be connected or projected to.

3 Likes

The rite of deification is a unique ritual in its own rite. Evoking the individual and offering the sacrafice for the.gods to empower the individual directly through the sacrafice. I cannot “box” the ritual into certain terms, but i will say this and apologise for the late response to this as well. If you have another magi to work with you and trust that they themselves did the ritual. You will be blown away with the results

3 Likes

Here’s myself and JS Garrett talking about this rite on his channel.

9 Likes

Great stuff, I almost never make it past 10 - 15m on a video but with a few pauses, made it all the way through and was sad it ended, I can’t tell you how rare that is! :laughing:

3 Likes

Thank you m’lady I was sad to end the conversation too.

2 Likes