Resources on filipino witchcraft - Kulam/Barang

Hi,

Anyone know resources online where one can learn how to do any kind of Filipino witchcraft like kulam or barang? Unfortunately, instructional resources on how to do this magic are limited. For example, one useful book called “Witchcraft, Filipino Style” is sold out on every website including Amazon. Also compared to Hoodoo that’s popular, there’s not a lot of resources for these kinds of Filipino magic.

So, anyone know good resources on where I can learn these kinds of Filipino magic? I would like your help. Thank you.

2 Likes

I think you will have to ask around for a shaman that is Filipino. And be taught directly. Books on these are probably rare and can cost up to thousands of dollars.
You have to be taught directly.
I wish you the best of luck to find the teacher(s) and that they find you to begin your path.

2 Likes

Sigh. You’re right. I’ve searched up some sources, and they’re really expensive as you said… Finding a shaman will take work… Thanks for your suggestions.

2 Likes

I live in the Philippines and I’ve inquired about it and run into nothing but dead ends. I’m told this practice is hereditary. Something passed down privately in families.

1 Like

From what I’m told from a friend who is one, there is an initiation ritual for this but the catch is, you have to be in the family so yes. It’s basically a closed tradition with family members as the initiation point.

These mostly deal with spirits(Anito) and some are specific to the family. From what I saw, it’s mostly sympathetic magick but they are connected to a very powerful root ancestor.

Again, I’m just parroting the words from this friend of mine.

3 Likes