Resin incense or incense sticks for spirit manifestation? šŸ¤”

You can also use a ceramic bowl filled with sand or kitty litter rather than an ā€œofficialā€ incense holder. Just make sure to put something under the bowl as it will heat up and you donā€™t want scorch marks on your floor (been there, did that).

3 Likes

Pardon me if itā€™s forbidden to post a brief link: Brass Burners

Iā€™ve been looking here, specifically the one for $3.75 and $4.45 but Iā€™ll look into what you mentioned also.

1 Like

You can use whatever you like. All you need is a non flammable surface that wonā€™t conduct heat enough to set your altar on fire lol

1 Like

Almost fogot that too lol. Iā€™ll need to place something resistant enough below the bowl or around it to prevent that. Especially nowhere near the UC once I get it eventually. That thing is huge. Iā€™ll figure it out within the confines of my roomā€¦hopefully.

1 Like

Some time ago I had jasmine, opium and Tibetan sandalwood sticks.
1 or 2 of these kinds, with a single stick, produced a fair quantity of smoke (or same result with two sticks of different types, as well). They were likely natural, the other thing to look for, since for example jasmine and opium came in thin paper packages; I once read this may be indicative to that regard.

1 Like

Yeah, more sticks means more smoke of course. My first thoughts when hearing of resin was instead of using resin, I would compensate by lighting up a bunch of sticks for more smoke, lol.

I figured more sticks = more smoke whch is true but as @DarkestKnight mentioned, it wonā€™t be as big and itā€™ll splash all over. In other words itā€™ll just be more of a ā€œthinā€ incense smoke steaming upwards rather than a ā€œbulging cloudā€ of incense smoke that resin produces.

Anyway, Iā€™ll just save these sticks for general cleansing and getting me into Theta easier.

1 Like

@Dralukmun @DarkestKnight Update: Received my brass charcoal burner with frankincense resin.

I went for a test run and yea lol, a very small amount of resin clouded and fogged my living room. A constant fat bulging smoke. Awesome smell. I immediately favored it over the sticks when itā€™s time for manifestation. Seems easier to scry through it as well.

I actually put out the smoke and the burning disc with cold water in the sink after an hour. Is it ok to do this each time when finished with ritual or to let it just finish burning out?

And how long does resin and charcoal disc burn for? I ask because i didntā€™t feel like finding out, it was knda late but the smoke was NOT stopping lol (I think itā€™s a good thing).

Thanks for the advice.

Edit: Iā€™ll still need something to put the small bowl over while it burns. It gets VERY hot. Any quick recommendations to reduce fire hazard? Good material?

1 Like

The charcoal disk can easily burn for about an hour and a half i change found. The incense depends on the amount you are using.

1 Like

I see. So the more resin, the more smoke, and the longer it burns. Kinda right?

Iā€™ve also seen 40mm charcoal discs. They fit into the bowl but not sure of the benefits of a bigger disc.

1 Like

Yup you got it.

As far as larger disks, the benefit is mainly longer burn time and more surface area for resin.

2 Likes

Besides fraankincense, are there others youā€™d briefly recommend? There seems to be many here:

https://www.incensewarehouse.com/search.asp?keyword=resin+incense&sortby=0&page=1&catid=

Just curious.

1 Like

Damar, Myrhh, Sweet Myrrh, Benzoin, dragonā€™s blood (very, very small amount) to name a few

1 Like

1 Like