Rescued Cat with "Issues". Requesting advice

So we rescued a cat 8 months ago. He definitely likes it indoors, but he’s got issues. He’s clearly a victim of abuse and, because he’s white, has had a hard time with other street cats.

Skip to the next paragraph if you don’t want the back story. Male, ~5 years, all white, declawed in front, “fixed”, clean bill of health. He is not the first cat we have rescued. It gets brutally cold where I live. We normally just give them the medical care they need, show them some love, good food and comfort, then bounce them to foster networks that find them good homes. So Mr. Whiteman will often seem fine, especially when he wants cream or something. Unfortunately he can suddenly hiss and swat at your leg, then run into his special ‘cave’ until he feels brave enough to come back out. I’m having a hard time connecting with him, but he absolutely needs to come around. He doesn’t want to play with me, but he lets my wife play a bit.

Is there a particular spirit you would recommend that could alter his perception and finally let him feel safe? He’s got some serious trust issues, even after 8 months indoors. Bribing with food works as a nice illusion, but its temporary and shatters quickly.

He’s got everything. A comfy bed, a special nearby man-cave, fresh air on-demand, humans that comfort him, and a clockwork feeding schedule.

I have owned pets for a long time, so I am really just looking for spiritual help. Something that would help him come around. Perhaps someone has done something similar with a human? I haven’t.

My healing approach is probably “lightweight” in that I employ empathy and elemental/alchemical process visualization while maintaining physical contact with my hands. It helped in the past with sick old cats with failing organs, but the brain is a different thing.

Ideas?

1 Like

You could evoke Raphael, or even just send him a silent prayer, and ask him to enfold the poor kitty in his embrace. He can heal animals as well as people, and can be a great support.

1 Like

Bastet is the goddess of cats as far as I know? She could help maybe? She is one of goddesses I have a little altar for and her statue and give offerings and she brought a lot of stray hungry cats to my door out of nowhere. Some of them even if are wild they became very friendly to me I can pick them up and pet them. It is only me that I can do it tough, no one else. Oh one of the cats shows her love to me trough hissing and growling. So, I pick her up she miaus hiss growls and purrs almost in the same time…she’s something else…

4 Likes

Excellent suggestions. I’ll chime in once results are noticed. Thank you.

I agree with Sabina about calling on Bastet, she’s also linked to Sekhmet who is a great healer.

He’s had his production of healthy male hormones removed, I get why this is done but we must also acknowledge that it removes confidence and aggression that are his birthright, and left him with less drive and va-va-voom.

Secondly, declawing is brutal and painful, I won’t upset anyone by posting too many details but you can look it up online, even the neutral websites admit that it’s not a simple painless procedure, and it also affects cats psychologically - think of the nightmares humans sometimes have of losing their teeth, which has always meant a short sharp side into starvation, something so deeply wired that it’s common nightmare fodder.

Humans also have nightmares about being naked or pursued, these express a similar deep-seated, primal vulnerability that civilisation doesn’t even touch, things that come from the same animal instinctive mind that a cat possesses, and lives in full-time

Their front claws are their primary hunting/feeding method, and also their first self-defence weapon, whether for show (to avoid violence) or to use in fights - they’re instinctively wired to bare their claws even as kittens, so losing them in a painful and frightening manner in a vet’s clinic, usually around the cat equivalent of early adolescence, is traumatic.

Animals get something akin to PTSD, which is also aligned with the shamanic concept of soul-loss, and you can try asking the goddesses named to assist, and also maybe do some shamanic journeying to find the cat’s lost soul energies, and restore them gently and over time, so that he’s freed from carrying the ongoing distress of this mutiltation of his survival instincts, and sense of self.

(I say again, I do understand why cats are neutered, but I wish vets used a vasectomy-type procedure instead of castration, which is a far more severe and traumatic thing to put any living being through. And declawing is just disgusting, there’s no excuse for this.)

2 Likes

Thank you Lady Eva.

We never have the cats declawed. Such a painful thing. Poor little soul.

I will take all these suggestions and make something of it. He will find a measure of confidence once more.

Thank you.

For what it’s worth, there are several Catholic Saints you could petition. St. Jerome and St. Francis for instance.

1 Like

Yes I was going to suggest Saint Francis! The other listed entites above as well!

Also Goddess’ Aine and Dana

Freyja have a soft spot for cats. And props to you for helping him and a lot of other cats out!

1 Like

Thanks everybody. It’s going to take time to transform years of abuse and suffering into something better. I can lay hands on him and evoke for him at a distance. I’m formulating my approach with divinations. It looks like asking Raphael is “in the cards”. I have had prior contact with him. Freyja would be wonderful except that I don’t have a real connection with Norse goddesses. I can admit it. I wish I did. Bastet seems closer to me.

I’m taking my time and will charge the hell out of this thing. When all the actual goals are clear, and the key spirits are know to me, I’ll make it work.

I know you guys would probably be quicker at this than me.

[quote=“Rahnoren, post:1, topic:9244”]So we rescued a cat 8 months ago. He definitely likes it indoors, but he’s got issues. He’s clearly a victim of abuse and, because he’s white, has had a hard time with other street cats.

Skip to the next paragraph if you don’t want the back story. Male, ~5 years, all white, declawed in front, “fixed”, clean bill of health. He is not the first cat we have rescued. It gets brutally cold where I live. We normally just give them the medical care they need, show them some love, good food and comfort, then bounce them to foster networks that find them good homes. So Mr. Whiteman will often seem fine, especially when he wants cream or something. Unfortunately he can suddenly hiss and swat at your leg, then run into his special ‘cave’ until he feels brave enough to come back out. I’m having a hard time connecting with him, but he absolutely needs to come around. He doesn’t want to play with me, but he lets my wife play a bit.

Is there a particular spirit you would recommend that could alter his perception and finally let him feel safe? He’s got some serious trust issues, even after 8 months indoors. Bribing with food works as a nice illusion, but its temporary and shatters quickly.

He’s got everything. A comfy bed, a special nearby man-cave, fresh air on-demand, humans that comfort him, and a clockwork feeding schedule.

I have owned pets for a long time, so I am really just looking for spiritual help. Something that would help him come around. Perhaps someone has done something similar with a human? I haven’t.

My healing approach is probably “lightweight” in that I employ empathy and elemental/alchemical process visualization while maintaining physical contact with my hands. It helped in the past with sick old cats with failing organs, but the brain is a different thing.

Ideas?[/quote]

Konstantinos mentions a spirit named Sirchade. Sirchade’s office seem to be animals in general. Here is a part of what it says:

“…Sirchade will be able to show you how to make a special link wiith that animal, making it a special type of familiar”.

But, basically, a cat like that needs love and patience. It might also help if you stop worrying, since cats seem to pick up on that and it affects the way it views you.

"

Trust yourself. You got this.

Trust yourself. You got this.[/quote]

Haha. I certainly do. I’m building this one to be a speeding freight train.

The prep work is already having an effect. Spirits are already working.

It is done.

I am the instrument of change. The invocation of Raphael in order to be granted a modicum of his grace was required. Raphael will help our furry friend. Much like how the warm sunlight on our faces can feel so wonderfully rejuvenating and comfortable after a cold or dreary stretch of days, Raphael will envelop our friend at the most beneficial times.

It’s easy to take the spring sunlight for granted when you have had plenty of it. We would appreciate it so much more when we have had it, and our memory of it has started to fade. That is the key physical effect desired in this work.

When I interact with my patient, it will be in a manner as to let Raphael’s light warm up his entire being with love and respect. The alchemical changes have already started to take place.

My patient needs simple stability and feeling that his dignity is respected. Raphael’s light is the catalyst which will bring about the desired change in days, not years. Also, a vet visit and dental x-ray. Something is bothering him.

Beyond that, given that the goal is for the patient to have a sense of dignity, self worth and respect, I have to wait for him as the process takes place. He will decide (or so he thinks) when he will allow his true self to reflect into the world.

In the end, this was one of the simplest workings I have ever done. I admit that I over estimated the effort when all that was needed was channeling an accumulation of good will, love and pity through the proper catalyst.

The alchemical symbolism is quite simply to warm up something cold, to make fluid something solid, to wash away in warm water, that which is encrusted and worn.

The preparation all pointed to the absolute honesty and simplicity of the whole thing. You want to heal someone? You have to honestly want it and be willing to sacrifice much of your day’s mental and physical energy to do it.

I charged the operation last night and performed the first energy channeling. This empathic channeling part of the work involves the most effort. I lost concentration a few times. I am to repeat this nightly when I feel up to it.

The second part, is laying of hands. I see the action of “laying of hands” as the symbol for the operation. The act of laying of hands and whispering/chanting Raphael’s name while “linking” with the patient is the daily treatment that is prescribed. Yes it’s also called “patting a cat” :wink: It’s just done in a highly charged and significant manner.

I can see Egyptian magic and evocation of Bastet as playing a role in the second phase of the work if required. That is the “ego boosting” part of all of this if required. I have not planned this yet.

Thanks everyone! It’s already working. I’ll continue until it’s done, then will return Raphael’s gift.

His eyes have softened and we are connecting like never before.

I love magick. 1 friggin day and it’s working already. (Although I did prepare for a few days.)

1 Like

Raphael is the man! i’m glad he’s aiding the poor kitty. Nicely done.

1 Like

Although Freya Cat Goddess is good, after working with Loki for a while, I found out Loki likes male cats, so he might help. Visualizing like Gold armor energy inside and outside of your cat might help him as well. I work with cats a lot myself and cats can realy help to minimize the amount of bad energies in the house.

2 Likes

Hope your kitty is doing better! I would suggest any cat loving entity like Freya or Bastet

1 Like

Its sad i never saw this post before, ive started training dogs and this info applies to everything.

You need 2 confinement spots. 1 when ur away and another when home.

The first away needs a bit of space, a bed, water, a chew toy you can put treats in, and litter. With ample space to prevent contamination.

When home put them in spot 2, thats sufficiently smaller for a couple hours near you, slowly space away after some months. Feed them by hand and stuffed food toys. Let them out to roam for small periods until confidence and trust is built.

Dont leave them indefinitely in these spots.

Always spay/neuter ur pets.

Keep cats indoors always.

Indeed, Bastet and Frejya have been soo goood with a cat I rescued 10years ago who was on the same situation as your cat, @Rahnoren .
Actually, they worked together so well that my current 2 cats are named Bastet and Frejya on their honour, as a way of being thankful.

2 Likes