[quote=“RavensAscent, post:13, topic:6361”]It has nothing to do with my goals, I have already achieved everything I want in life as of right now so for me there is nothing left to obtain except for more knowledge and maybe some material items I decide I want further down the road. I am self employed, I make good money from home and never have to deal with society unless I want to, I am building my own home currently so I can live rent-free, I am currently writing a book, I have finally learned to love and respect myself, and I have a mass following online between many different sites, so I have already achieved the biggest goals that I wanted more than anything in life.
I am truly happy and content because of this so I mean there is nothing to get super excited about anymore because I already have what I want and magick is the reason for achieving some of those goals so I mean I don’t have that excitement like a newbie does because I’ve already been there done that, so all I have left to seek out is new knowledge but eventually I will have learned so much that even knowledge will seem no longer new or exciting as I will have reached my peak. What I’m saying is that I have almost achieved 100% personal godhood and once one becomes a god they have reached the threshold and there literally is nothing new to discover, and I am almost at that point except for a few systems I have not yet studied which I plan on doing very soon.
Once you have accomplished so many things, it is no longer thrilling to you because you already accomplished it and have already become used to having that accomplishment as an everyday part of your life, so it becomes just a normal thing for you like an everyday ritual or habit, whereas something you have never done before is thrilling because you look forward to accomplishing it and there is that spark in your eye of excitement of reaching your goal, but once all goals have been reached and the magician is satisfied with their current situation then there is no excitement because there is nothing new and unknown on the magician’s to do list.
And when you do finally have a new goal, you don’t rush around trying to make it happen as fast as you can because you have already experienced it before and you know for a fact that you will get what you want in due time because you trust your magick enough to know it will work, so you no longer feel the need to rush things and work at a goal 24/7 instead you just remain calm and sit back observing your surroundings because you know there is no need to rush, you know your goal will manifest itself within a reasonable time frame. But a newbie doesn’t know for sure that a spell will work so they spend all their time focusing on it trying to achieve the results as soon as they can because the sooner they see results, the sooner they can get that proof that magick is real.
Like a good example to compare this with is when you are a child and taking your first trip to Disney world. You are super excited and can’t stop talking about it and the night or two before you leave you can’t sleep because Disney is the only thing on your mind and the great adventures that await you there. But fast forward to 10 years later and you are taking your 9th trip to Disney, yeah you’ll still be happy that you get to leave town for a few days and ride some fun rides but are you super thrilled to the point you can’t sleep? Nope, because you’ve already been to Disney World 9 times so although it’s still fun for you, it’s no longer some big mysterious fun thing awaiting you around the corner, you already know what to expect when you get there.
Only two of you seem to actually get what I’m saying which is making this topic frustrating and pointless so I am done explaining, if you don’t understand it then it’s because you have yet to experience it yourself and no amount of guessing what I really mean is going to help. I am in no way dissatisfied, in fact this topic is about pure satisfaction to the point of total voluntary complacency.[/quote]
What you pointed out is exactly what I mean. Of course you would be bored after achieving all that, but this happens to people who don’t pursue these goals with no conscious use of magickal ability. I mean, I’m not trying to demean your goals, but everything you have achieved, at least in this explanation, can be achieved through “ordinary” means. But with what magic can help you achieve, which goes far beyond the normal priorities of this world, wouldn’t it be fair to say that, possibly, you are placing magic in a place where it has outgrown these priorities?
You are assuming that people are asking these things because they are newbies, or that they have that “nervous anticipation” that makes things exciting for only some people. I don’t know about everyone else, but I could give a rat’s ass about anticipation. Moreover, while I don’t own my own space legally, I have absolutely no doubt that what I do will work out for me, and in effect I “own” everything that I attempt to do. But when pursuing money, women, social status (I don’t quite care too much about that), or material possessions gets boring or mundane, I can find something else to do.
I mean, can you teleport to any location on earth? Can you communicate with animals or plants with as much clarity as you can a human being? Can you fly, transform into a mythical beast, or corporealize entities that normally don’t possess physical existence on this plane? I’m not saying that any of these things are actually more worthwhile than what you have done, but if your problem is not getting a thrill out of something, can it be that you are reaching too low with these goals? Can you honestly say that you have pushed magick to a point where it might test your anticipation?
Again, I personally don’t care for or gain excitement from thinking “what if”. I gain excitement from knowing that something is going to happen, and the difficulty of something doesn’t motivate me in the least bit. For me, difficulty rarely, if ever, means that something is worthwhile, and my experience has taught me the exact opposite of paradigmatic prioritization that places hard and good in the same sentence. So I can admit that I may not understand your problem, because thrills are not gained at all from working with the “unknown” or in dealing with ideas where something that I do “might not work”. I enjoy this stuff because I know that it works, and that it puts me in a place where “fantasy” is the basis of reality.
So hey, whatever you do, it’s gonna be up to you. I just think that there is definitely room for your magick to become lively again if you are willing to stretch your imagination. But since your priorities, if they are reflected in these listed goals, rest in things that really don’t require the type of magic talked about here in order to be accomplished, I can’t see how someone could not eventually get bored.