References for Planetary Magick?

I have been wanting to come in contact with a couple of the Olympian planetary intelligences (Phul and Phaleg) and I was wondering if anyone would have any reliable/credible sources or references to getting information on their correspondences and the best ways to work with them. . .

Most reliable is an intelligence, let’s say a spirit preferably. So if you can contact one, do it. Most written sources today are misleading and even said reliable one needs furnisings.

Do you mean the Arbatel? It lists the names of the Olympic spirits and their sigils, and a brief (albeit vague) description of each. You can find the Arbatel all over the internet for free. It was written centuries ago, so I guess that makes it public domain.

Perhaps also try getting in contact with an intelligence, spirit, or archangel of each planet, and ask them to get you in touch with the Olympian spirit of their planet.

I had already discovered most of them are tainted with traditional hermetic grimoire instructions used by the Golden Dawn and even the Aurum Solis. I used to own a book called “Planetary Magick” by Denning and Philips that had all the correspondences and sigils of each planet, as well as the archangels and chants of each power. I figured plucking information out of the book would be the most efficient method. A family member of mine found the book and threw it away. lol I had to resort to buying ebooks for for a long time before I left home. XD

[quote=“Salpinx, post:3, topic:6969”]Do you mean the Arbatel? It lists the names of the Olympic spirits and their sigils, and a brief (albeit vague) description of each. You can find the Arbatel all over the internet for free. It was written centuries ago, so I guess that makes it public domain.

Perhaps also try getting in contact with an intelligence, spirit, or archangel of each planet, and ask them to get you in touch with the Olympian spirit of their planet.[/quote]

Ill have to check it out. . . I was actually considering contacting Gabriel and asking him about consciously accessing the Astral Plane to search for specific spirits on my own. I don’t live in a private environment where I can perform ritual without being noticed. So the ability to instantly access the astral plane at will is an absolute MUST for me.

I myself can’t deny the fact that I’ve sourced out from bunch of books, reliable or not. What I did was that I’ve taken informations, tried what works, further sourced out from other sources, relate and try, and did it again and again. So unreliable sources can be of use but requires more work.

Your current situation really requires that. So, goodluck!

While GD and AS may not be your cup of tea, their methods work, so I would hardly call it tainted. The work I’ve done from Denning and Phillips book has borne fruit, and they are, in fact, AS rituals.

[quote author=chef1964 link=topic=7323.msg77799#msg77799
While GD and AS may not be your cup of tea, their methods work, so I would hardly call it tainted. The work I’ve done from Denning and Phillips book has borne fruit, and they are, in fact, AS rituals.
[/quote]

I just find no use for wearing specific clothing or making sure my altar is made of particular stone dimensions, having characters written on a dagger, performing numerous preliminary rituals besides a simple banishing, etc. . .

Since we’re discussing different planetary approaches, I just want to mention Stephen Flowers’ Stoicheia system - I love this stuff, and it’s pretty pared-doiwn and also works with just about any paradigm:

That’s a cheatsheet taken from his book Hermetic Magic, which I love - not so much for the endless ptrecise formulaic incantations, more for the stuff I found between the lines of what he wrote.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:8, topic:6969”]Since we’re discussing different planetary approaches, I just want to mention Stephen Flowers’ Stoicheia system - I love this stuff, and it’s pretty pared-doiwn and also works with just about any paradigm:

That’s a cheatsheet taken from his book Hermetic Magic, which I love - not so much for the endless ptrecise formulaic incantations, more for the stuff I found between the lines of what he wrote.[/quote]

Oohh. Thank you very much. . . I’ll check out the author.

You don’t need to. Their rituals are just as effective whether you’re wearing a robe in the correct planetary color or a pair of sweats and a Harley tank top. Denning and Phillips tell you everything you need in order to perform the rituals a la AS. Then they tell you that you don’t need any of it if you so choose. They give a lot of suggestions that can make the ritual space and yourself more magickal for the psychological component, but they don’t insist you use any of it. Hell, they even tell you working sky clad is just fine.

As far as their banishing ritual goes, it’s very simple compared to the LBRP. I won’t say it’s the same effect, because the LBRP is more than just a banishing ritual. I wouldn’t give up on a system because you don’t like certain aspects. Change those aspects and make it your own. It’ll still work.

1 Like