Reconstructing the Enns with Latin

The great thread by @DerAmateurHexer in which he gives a Dictionary for the Goetic Enns based on the Enochian language had inspired me to do some digging and try if I could find Latin roots for the words from these incantations.
This is in no way intended to discredit his work, I simply wanted to offer another point of view.

A possible Dictionary

13 Likes

Some possible translations of the Enns (this will be updated…)

10 Likes

Great work! The dictionary differs from my approach, but the main summary of Enns meaning looks similar. So, we may conclude that the Enns are the most probably glorification of Demons. The mystery of Enns is gradually revealed.

4 Likes

Awesome :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

I recently find out it was latin invocations to call demons, ask for help. Besides exorcism. But now enns not recall reading tat but calling invocation yes. Wat i read come from a old priest from spain which is a occultist also.

sorry, the meme demon has got me. I can’t stop myself!

Mittere margaritas ante porcos (according to Google)

That would be spanish like “margaritas a los cerdos” like an old saying: not to waste time with people who doesn’t appreciate one

1 Like

Camio (also Caim) – Tasa on ca Caim renich

9 Likes

Malphas – Lirach tasa Malphas ayer

6 Likes

This makes total sense to me as a Roman-language speaker and as a linguist. It definitely looks like if someone wrote down what they heard without actually knowing Latin spelling. It also makes sense because the Ars Goetia and Solomon books are all Medieval and Latin was the common language for highly educated people (usually priests) to communicate all around Europe.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for posting all of this!! You blew my mind away!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!
As a native Italian speaker and former Latin student I prefer Latin.
I would like to ask you if those who have used Latin have noticed if demons like it as much as their hymns in English, if they are equally effective etc.

1 Like

Hi @AVEBUNE
I like the Enns because I do not speak Latin. This dictionary was made to justify to myself the use of these words - I always want to know a POSSIBLE meaning of the things I say.
Using these and other foreign chants allows me to detach my consciousness from the words, which I can not do when I call in English for example.

2 Likes

such a great post.
As a spanish speaker I find myself very at home with this latin renditions.

Thank you

3 Likes