Ready for a first contact with an entity

Hi all, I hope everybody’s keeping well.
After feeling what I can only describe as an “urge” lately, I’ve done a bit of research to get started, most of it guided by the fantastic material on this forum, through posts, links or replies from members.

Anyway… Like I said, this is just a start, my research is only just beginning.

After reading the Goetia, it seems that Dantalion could be a good “match” for me. Strangely enough, I also keep getting drawn to Decarabia and Barbatos, so I should also explore them.
Last night I drew what seems to me like a nice Dantalion sigil (I’ll post a pic later if you’re interested), and tried to gather what I might need for a first contact.

At the moment, I’m visiting relatives in a very small town, so it was difficult to find candles and incense, but I found a nice red candle and frankincense and cedar incense (no sandalwood… It was all gone). I was a bit disappointed to not find everything I was looking for, since I tend to do things “by the book”, especially when I’m unsure of myself. But I also do know that intent and will are what matters most.

Anyway! Slightly disappointed, I took that candle from the display along with a small bowl to hold it, and noticed peacock feathers in a bunch by the display. It was an old and forgotten corner of the shop, very dusty, halfway up a flight of wooden stairs. I’ve always loved peacock feathers (who doesn’t?) so I decided to buy 3 of them and went to pay. The man at the till told me “Oh, I don’t know if they’re for sale, I think they were part of the old display but I’m not sure. Either way we don’t really use them so you can take them for free, it’s a gift”.

Now… Am I reading too much into this or is it a nice, positive way to get started? I took it that way, and decided a feather might be a lovely offering for Dantalion. What do you think? I know offerings are not compulsory but somehow… It just feels right.

I’d love to hear your reactions and input… Thank you for putting up with my long post.

3 Likes

Go with your gut. Your intuition is the voice of your inner divinity. Listen to it. Good luck.

2 Likes

This is the sigil that I drew. Haha yes, I’m rather geometrical when I draw…

6 Likes

1 Like

giggles

I take it that this sigil isn’t a fail then :wink: Having a nasty tendency to perfectionism, I wish I could draw more “from the heart” rather than using such precise lines but there… Being a controlling perfectionist comes from the heart. So it’s a chicken an egg story.

1 Like

Don’t see a problem there.

Your idea of creativity and from the heart might just rely more on perfectionism.

You’re good to go. :wink:

1 Like

That drawing is literally perfect

1 Like