Re: Posting Guidelines, Coronavirus

And I don’t - so there you go!
I take the media hype and loss of rights (like freedom of assembly) very seriously though.

Al.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this as it will clear things up as the mass hysteria of this continues to spiral out of control. In Los Angeles the city council has closed all public facilities to include the public libraries and meeting places to include the Los Angeles Music Center for at least two weeks. I hope the virus will be subdued and die out at least in California.

1 Like

Exactly.

Maybe magicians can scry the World Health Organization, and other establishment organs of power, like the mainstream media conglomerates, government agencies, etc. and see for themselves if these organizations are legit or just pushing bullshit and paranoia?

1 Like

Love that this is taken seriously.

Support you 100% :clap:

3 Likes

As of this month, March 2020 the world population of humans is around 7.8 billion (78,000,000,000). In the last three months the number of people ‘diagnosed’ with coronavirus is 182,864 of whom 7,174 have died. Even without subtracting the 3,226 deaths in China from the total number of deaths, why the manic concern? So far, 16,000 people have died during the 2019-2020 influenza season in America alone, according to preliminary estimates from the Centre for Disease Control and over 80,000 worldwide since the beginning of the year. So again, why the manic concern? On average approx. 25,000 people die every day of starvation (of whom 15,000 are children most under the age of five) and that’s been happening for decades. Fortunately, these deaths occur in places far away, so no worries. Currently millions are starving to death in Yemen; but who cares, especially when you don’t know where Yemen is?

What I appreciate is the ability of the rhp Master Magicians behind the coronavirus scare to conjure something from nothing at all that will change the world, degrade compliant humanity and wreak havoc. I doff my hat to them.

Al.

1 Like

In addition to your numbers, here in the United States obesity kill an estimated 300,000 people annually - And no one blinks an eye. The question as I see it is: How does COVID-19 stand in relation to other morbidity factors, and what other cause than a political and/or profit motive cause, would account for such a severe overreaction on society, a reaction that cripples economies, governments, and erodes liberty? But, there is the “P” word . . .

Anyways, the magicians behind the headlines…yes. For starters, those interested in doing their own legwork there is a lot of numerology symbolism with this pandemic and the number 33 to be found floating around the internet.

1 Like

If you mean on here, my reason is because moderating disputes between people who are “yay virus,” those who think it’s a hoax, and those who are seeing their local health services crippled and people being left to die defies even my iron fist of vicious brutality (also known as the “Split topic” & “Merge posts” functions).

Strong differences of opinion over this issue are highly likely to create problems all the member-moderation and requests “not to moralise on a working thread” in the world cannot patch. @Timothy seems generally a nicer and more civilised type of person than me, and probably has even more benevolent reasons.

And with that in mind, since this has become a debate, I’m going to split this out, it’s not up for discussion as a forum policy and everything else is off topic to the OP. Remember also that this has only just begun, and that as time passes, opinions may change.

Thanks folks.

1 Like

No I don’t. I mean the hype over a form of influenza. Many countries have gone into lock down, but this won’t stop influenza, so why the lock down? Economies and people are being destroyed using means that will not work to fight a form of influenza that isn’t that serious. I can’t workout the manic concern.

The western world has gone ape shit crazy over toilet paper. Toilet paper! Just imagine that no one could get toilet paper ever again. How many will be walking around with dirty bums? Next to no one - so why the mania? This is being done for political reasons and I stand in awe of the people orchestrating this.

Al.

The viruses are different, we have no existing immunity to this (hence it was called novel coronavirus at first). Not a flu, any more than it’s pox or rabies.

Symptoms vary widely, one British doctor in media is reporting ulcers in her nose, some get diarrhea (which is highly infectious as well), some get paralysed, some get weird body pains, some get snotty noses but others just get a dry cough, many get plain old pneumonia.

But it did in 1918 even with actual flu, the gap here shows the peak attained when social distancing is delayed:

It cripples health systems early on meaning we’re back in sub-medieval levels of care, and that freaks people out.

Look at these stats, all the orange is people who are confirmed, many of whom are now filling beds and using oxygen, PPE for the nurses and doctors, at a rate of knots:

People always hoard that, from Venezuela’s breakdown and even before, my dad told me about the Winter of Discontent, it was a big thing back then, people would strip public toilets bare. People are dumb. The UK exports millions of £££ of it a year yet people are going nuts for it and even mugging others. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Some bitch in Houston has just been diagnosed with a boil. Boils can spread so everyone must keep at least one and a half metres away from everyone else. No gatherings of over five people and all must keep their distance. No schools, restaurants, cinemas, sporting events, hospital visits or visiting the elderly. And no shaking hands, because boils are painful and can be spread. If you get enough boils sepsis can occur and kill! And just because boils have existed as long as humanity has, I’m telling you – this particular boil is different!

I don’t care how many people suicide, overeat themselves to death or die from prescription painkillers. All I’m interested in is boils and this boil in particular. Sure, I have no medical evidence to back my claim and indeed all the medical evidence which currently exists confirms that this boil in Houston is your run of the mill type, nonetheless; better safe than sorry because the last thing I want to see, after all the businesses, people and their way of life have been destroyed is this terrible war against Staphylococcus aureus being declared unsuccessful.

Al.

As a misanthrope, you’re taking this awfully hard aren’t you? :laughing:

Going from China’s experience, now Italy, and the UK well on the way, it’s the “using up healthcare” factor as far as I know which is the primary public concern. Trying to keep snark of any kind and politics out of this, so I’ll stop there. :smiley:

1 Like

For about two weeks I think, in China they’ve been using not terribly high doses of intravenous Vit.C on near death cases and with fantastic effect. During recovery they take oral Vit.C. Unfortunately I have bad reactions to oral Vit.C seemingly in whatever form, even ester Vit.C. And intravenous costs and only lasts 60 minutes effective life. Colloidal silver I highly recommend if taken in much higher doses than prescribed on the side of the bottle.

Al.

I saw that, yes, also some stuff about zinc, and quinine. :thinking:

1 Like

Perspective

The first paragraph:

In 2017, 17.79 millions died of cardiovascular disease. See the chart: Homicides - Our World in Data

And how many have died of the brand new coronavirus? Where is the perspective in all of this? You can’t stop viruses with lock downs. For lots of reasons, sooner or later the sheer insolence of viruses wins. After that everyone dies or ‘herd immunity’ develops.

Lots of Vit. C and zinc. Lots. Colloidal silver – get a big bottle and overdose. No one has died from colloidal silver overdose – ever.

Finally, a quality brandy for that hot body flush and clear nose, just before you settle back into bed.

Al.

Ok, so my post was removed because people were sharing their opinions and not facts? I am sorry but that seems a bit extreme. I just wanted people to let out some steam and express themselves since there’s already a lot of tension surrounding this topic.

This is actually a very good article, which is why I post it here. What is happening isn’t about a virus:

Al.

As I posted, I’ll remove the political posts and reopen it shortly. :+1:

That’s great but it assumes the flu rate is 100 x the recorded figure and assumes the COVID-19 data is somehow different, Both work from confirmed cases compared to deaths from that cause. Seeing the videos from hospitals in Wuhan when this first broke, they were visibly full of younger people.

1 Like

Wuhan remains if not the most, then close to the most polluted place on Earth. What did people expect? I’m not seeing death rates; hospital over run certainly, but that’s because of hype. Forgetting about early cases in Wuhan because of the special circumstances there - where are the huge death rates?

From early 2009 to about mid-2010 The H1N1 influenza virus killed just short of 12,500 Americans alone and everyone was totally chill.

Al.

There is footage that was later suppressed showing ordinary nurses breaking down over the high death rates, anyway I guess we’ll see, I have no interest in arguing about this, soz. If I find anything truly relevant I’ll share, I have been watching this since, I think Jan 18th, certainly by the 20th, so it’s old hat to me, China had a lot of leaks, then clamped down hard on those, like the doctor they killed who tried to let people know.

Wuhan also has a top-level bioweapons lab, and was working with splicing HIV into coronaviruses for a vaccine.

Proof the Chinese were fucking around mixing bat-origin corona viruses and HIV as long ago as 2010:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%252Fs00705-010-0729-6

This has HIV inserts:

Archived version https://archive.is/xwQVe

Main text:

Scientists say the new coronavirus may be significantly different from Sars. Photo: AP

The new coronavirus has an HIV-like mutation that means its ability to bind with human cells could be up to 1,000 times as strong as the Sars virus, according to new research by scientists in China and Europe.

The discovery could help to explain not only how the infection has spread but also where it came from and how best to fight it.

Scientists showed that Sars (severe acute respiratory syndrome) entered the human body by binding with a receptor protein called ACE2 on a cell membrane. And some early studies suggested that the new coronavirus, which shares about 80 per cent of the genetic structure of Sars, might follow a similar path.

But the ACE2 protein does not exist in large quantities in healthy people, and this partly helped to limit the scale of the Sars outbreak of 2002-03, in which infected about 8,000 people around the world.

Other highly contagious viruses, including HIV and Ebola, target an enzyme called furin, which works as a protein activator in the human body. Many proteins are inactive or dormant when they are produced and have to be “cut” at specific points to activate their various functions.

When looking at the genome sequence of the new coronavirus, Professor Ruan Jishou and his team at Nankai University in Tianjin found a section of mutated genes that did not exist in Sars, but were similar to those found in HIV and Ebola.

“This finding suggests that 2019-nCoV [the new coronavirus] may be significantly different from the Sars coronavirus in the infection pathway,” the scientists said in a paper published this month on Chinaxiv.org, a platform used by the Chinese Academy of Sciences to release scientific research papers before they have been peer-reviewed.

“This virus may use the packing mechanisms of other viruses such as HIV.”

According to the study, the mutation can generate a structure known as a cleavage site in the new coronavirus’ spike protein.

The virus uses the outreaching spike protein to hook on to the host cell, but normally this protein is inactive. The cleavage site structure’s job is to trick the human furin protein, so it will cut and activate the spike protein and cause a “direct fusion” of the viral and cellular membranes.

Compared to the Sars’ way of entry, this binding method is “100 to 1,000 times” as efficient, according to the study.

Just two weeks after its release, the paper is already the most viewed ever on Chinarxiv.

In a follow-up study, a research team led by Professor Li Hua from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Wuhan, Hubei province, confirmed Ruan’s findings.

The mutation could not be found in Sars, Mers or Bat-CoVRaTG13, a bat coronavirus that was considered the original source of the new coronavirus with 96 per cent similarity in genes, it said.

This could be “the reason why SARS-CoV-2 is more infectious than other coronaviruses”, Li wrote in a paper released on Chinarxiv on Sunday.

Meanwhile, a study by French scientist Etienne Decroly at Aix-Marseille University, which was published in the scientific journal Antiviral Research on February 10, also found a “furin-like cleavage site” that is absent in similar coronaviruses.

A researcher with the Beijing Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, said the studies were all based on genetic sequencing.

“Whether [the virus] behaves as predicted will need other evidence including experiments,” said the researcher who asked not to be named.

“The answer will tell how the virus makes us ill,” he said.
Coronavirus did not originate in seafood market, scientists say

Scientists’ understanding of the new coronavirus has changed dramatically over the past few months.

At first the virus was not considered a major threat, with the Chinese Centres for Disease Control and Prevention saying there was no evidence off human-to-human transmission.

But that assumption was soon invalidated, and as of Wednesday, there had been more than 81,000 confirmed infections around the world.

Chinese researchers said drugs targeting the furin enzyme could have the potential to hinder the virus’ replication in the human body. These include “a series of HIV-1 therapeutic drugs such as Indinavir, Tenofovir Alafenamide, Tenofovir Disoproxil and Dolutegravir and hepatitis C therapeutic drugs including Boceprevir and Telaprevir”, according to Li’s study.

This suggestion is in line with reports by some Chinese doctors who self-administered HIV drugs after testing positive for the new coronavirus, but there is as yet no clinical evidence to support the theory.

There is also hope that the link to the furin enzyme could shed light on the virus’ evolutionary history before it made the jump to humans.

The mutation, which Ruan’s team described as an “unexpected insertion”, could come from many possible sources such as a coronavirus found in rats or even a species of avian flu.

Result though:

1 Like