Quotes from E-Book

If I was going to post a paragraph or two on some other web site quoteing the E-Book or any of the Books EA has written…what is the correct method?

Does one make a statement listing the title and the author?..or does one also list with that statement…all rights reserved…? What is correct?

Uncle Fester

[quote=“Maxx, post:1, topic:546”]If I was going to post a paragraph or two on some other web site quoteing the E-Book or any of the Books EA has written…what is the correct method?

Does one make a statement listing the title and the author?..or does one also list with that statement…all rights reserved…? What is correct?

Uncle Fester[/quote]

Quoting constitutes fair use under copyright law, so unless you are posting a substantial quantity of the book, you should be good to go. The other thing to do to properly quote is to attribute the source, or at least not claim it as your own.

This doesn’t apply if you are other some other legally binding agreement to not disclose anything, such as an NDA (non-disclosure agreement), top-secret information, or the like. Probably also a good idea to not break any oaths or pacts with your fellow magicians or entities. :wink:

As far as I know, the e-book is just regular copyright, so quoting it should be perfectly fine.

In regards to style, there are many ways to go about that aspect of it, and I’m sure you don’t want a grammar lesson. But it was worth mentioning. :slight_smile:

that is an answer in common sense format…

I was thinking of posting EAs description with some of his comments about the Vampire section… I am overly sick of seeing this crap on the internet with the kiddie Goth Vampires and how they treat that mess. I love the description EA uses to say they are watching way too much movie material…

And I always make it a point to mention the material is from an author or book and where it comes from…Thanks.

Uncle Fester

You are welcome to excerpt our material, as long as you provide a link back to our webpage for readers to further their research:

[url=http://www.becomealivinggod.com/ebook]http://www.becomealivinggod.com/ebook[/url]

Will that work if you close down the site at the end of the month to allow only those previously signed in or those that buy the videos…? Just a thought if I was going to list that and then they could not get in…

OH…just dawned on me…we are not talking about this forum…you are directing them to the site to buy the e book…OK