Questions about evocation

that’s very interesting
im just trying to figure out if im still in TGS after i let my eyes refocus. then look at the sigil
but thanks your information helps

You’re trying to figure it out with your conscious mind. Let go and sit back into it. It’s about letting go of your consious mind, sinking into a deeper state where your conscious mind isn’t active.

Practice a simple mindfulness meditation until you’ve quieted your internal critic. It’s worth the effort.

1 Like

i have been taking your advice and meditating most of my free time after a couple of days i tried evocation once more and got more lightheaded chanting then ever but the sun started coming up and light went through the windows even with blinds closed the light filled the room and the fog cleared for some reason didn’t think the light would distract me so much i will try again in the afternoon close to sun down i seem to only be able to stay focused in a dim room do know if that’s common?

i have been taking your advice and meditating most of my free time after a couple of days i tried evocation once more and got more lightheaded chanting then ever but the sun started coming up and light went through the windows even with blinds closed the light filled the room and the fog cleared for some reason didn’t think the light would distract me so much i will try again in the afternoon close to sun down i seem to only be able to stay focused in a dim room do you know if that’s common?

When I get into deeper trance states, I will experience what appears to be bright light flooding into my area from time to time. The times I’ve briefly opened my eyes to check, the light really isn’t there, so I just close my eyes and let it go.

My intuition is the light distracted you and the fog cleared because you came up out of the deeper trance state.

Pretty much any new phenomena that happens will pull you out of your deeper trance state until you get used to it. It’s just a matter of training your mind.

As far as the physical light disturbing you goes, try evoking at 3am to 4am. The world feels very different at that time, more magickal to me. I personally believe it’s because most people are asleep and their thoughts aren’t creating as much “interference” or “background nose”.

1 Like

i know im jumping off topic but do you activate Magick Squares the same as sigils?

I’ve heard other magickians say that you can, but I’ve never used a magick square. My intuition tells me they’re a useful tool, but I haven’t explored the magickal systems that use them. I’m sure it will all become a part of my training one day. :slight_smile:

how much movement is necessary to get in to rapture? i read dancing to what you advised but how vigorously?

No one can answer these things for YOU. You have to find what works for you. But let me give you a spectrum to consider.

Shamanic cultures often use vigorous dancing to get into trance states. Look at and compare a Native American spirit dance, a Vodoun ceremony, a group of pagans joining hands and dancing around the circle, and a Whirling Dervish.

Now I know that Qigong (it means “energy work”, Tai Chi is a kind of Qigong) works and it uses slow gentle flowing movements. Pull up some Tai Chi or Qigong videos on Youtube.

So the answer is … it depends. It depends on what works for YOU.

These are all called excitatory trance methods. They involve a lot of physical activity, often leading to euphoria and physical exhaustion. You can also see them referred to as ecstatic trance methods.

Meditation and other methods of quietly “going within” are called inhibitory trance methods.

1 Like

i understand that i need to find what works for me, but from what i understand is during the chanting i needed to raise my heart rate correct?

Don’t even know where you got that, man.

I believe the chanting does two things …

1. sends my intention out as a vibration
  2. gives my conscious mind something to focus on until I go into a deeper state and my conscious mind quiets down

I believe excitatory trance methods (like dancing and twirling around in a circle) do a few things …

1. they raise energy that can be directed during the ritual
  2. they give your conscious mind something to focus on until you go into a deeper state of consciousness and your conscious mind falls away
  3. they physically exhaust you to the point that your mind enters a deeper state of consciousness

from what it get is when the sigil; flashes that tells you the spirit is in the room with you and getting in to rapture after the sigil flashes that allows you to see it?

Yknow when you say flashing, do you mean that it almost seems to quickly move in a jerky type manner?

I like to think of the sigil as a gateway. When I open the sigil, I’m opening the gateway between me and the spirit.

It doesn’t matter whether the sigil flashes, disappears and reappears, lifts up off the paper as a 3D object, appears traced in blue flames … whatever form it takes is fine.

As far as E.A.'s description of the “Rapture” state, I can’t tell you anything about it because I don’t experience it the same way he does. And that’s ok.

The important thing is that you go into an altered state of consciousness where your conscious mind quiets down. I stop thinking normal thoughts and I’m just very present in the moment.

And then I connect to the spirit and pull it through the gateway to me.

That’s just a mental model to describe what it feels like to me. The truth is … YOU are the gateway.

2 Likes

the lines seem to disappear then reappear and have a bit of a shine.

Yeah I just saw FraterMagni’s earlier post, his first response in this thread about the sigil moving i.e. “flashing”,

I just noticed that earlier when I was conjuring a Demon, the sigil moved…not in 3D space but it did move for me…

2 Likes

I’ve had it do a lot of different stuff. It’s fascinating how it will appear to do different things each time … even if it’s the same exact sigil.

In the end, it doesn’t really matter how I perceive it as much as it does something different.

Once I’ve built a solid relationship with a spirit, I don’t even use the sigil anymore. Don’t need it. I just remember the way the spirit feels to me and tune into that.

3 Likes

yeah im still having trouble with the rapture i can get the room to fog just by going in to trance with out chanting i look at the sigil then i start chanting i do get lite headed but nothing happens should i be thinking of the spirit? i must be missing some thing should i be moving more or rocking more any help would be appreciated.
how do i loss my self in the rapture i really don’t know what that means do i need to end up physically exhaust for the evocation to work ?

Sorry you’re having trouble with this, @anon85346918 … but there’s nothing else I can say to help you. It’s a state of consciousness and you’ll have to figure out how to get yourself there. I’ve tried to help, but you’re obviously having some trouble just letting go.

Maybe this post by Rahnoren will hit it from an angle that helps you …
Advice for New Magicians: Letting Go

The only other thing I would recommend is trying a guided meditation like this one on YouTube to help you get into a deeper trance state …
Silva Life System Deep Relaxation Meditation

I know that guided meditation works because I’ve used it myself.

Once you’ve found your way into that deeper trance state a few times, you should have an easier time getting back to it.

I don’t know what you need to get yourself there, but I know that I don’t need to be physically exhausted. However, physical exhaustion has been used by shamans for thousands of years to induce trance states, so it’s not without merit.

Good luck.

3 Likes