Question about Love

It sounded like the topic was being derailed to chemical reactions on ritual work vs the original topic being what love FEELS like…not in reference to ritual work/etc.

I just wanted to know if love was a feeling/emotion.

Well if that was the case people would just, sit in their houses and wait for death lol. WTF. Lol I could on a vacation somewhere nice. And come back to my place and whenever I want to induce that state again I just upload it in my frontal lobe or Sth and re-experience it till I die. Again tiny lens

You really don’t have a clue what I’m talking about, do you? lol

Experience stuff transcends the brain mate. Its soul stuff

I know exactly what you’re talking about. That we create our own paradigms and reality is at our mercy I know this. I’m just differing about love.

Take it to pm please.

This thread is about if Love is an emotion/feeling and that I was confused about it…not about paradigms, ritual stuff, reality, etc.

What​:joy::joy:okay I’m gone. Why you so sensitive though. Just a little disagreement which is normal no ones fighting

Cause you ignored me.

1 Like

No, experience doesn’t transcend the brain, because without the brain, there is no experience :joy:

You keep yammering on about the significance of experience but the only significance to anything is what the individual gives to it. Experiences are meaningless in and of themselves.

Without the brain to produce the experience of love, then there literally is no love.

When you can prove the soul actually exists, hit me up.

Edit: Apologies @Mind_Seeker20

4 Likes

"Because without the brain there is no experience "-this is the dumbest shit I’ve heard so far in a magickal forums I’m out.
When I can prove… Wait what. WTF​:joy::joy:

1 Like

Bye. Sorry mindseeker

Without the brain to produce feelings of love then there is, no love.
So you don’t think spirits like Paimon for example can express love.?

1 Like

Not love as we know it, no.

So you believe love (as we know it) is bound to the human flesh /brain?

This is pointless. Bye

Well to @Mind_Seeker20 love is as @DarkestKnight said a chemical reaction in the brain in scientific terms. Its also in my opinion and experience one of the most powerful and destructive emotional forces out there. Love can make you feel 10 feet tall and bullet proof ready to take on anything thats thrown at you and in an instant crumble a grown man into dust.
Love as it is, is a double edge sword, and its awful and miserable at times but for those moments where you feel so good, so happy, and having that deep feeling of internal warmth and connectiveness with another its completely worth it.

*You can also look at it like platonic love, such as a friend or family member. These are bonds created through a nonromantic connection, like I love my brother, his wife, and their daughter. If shit needed to be done on their behalf i would do it at an instant, like during her pregnancy I drained myself in evoking Raphael since my neice was taking her time getting out of there and causing my sister in law a ton of problems. Literally when i ended the ritual out comes 8lb Mary hahaha

Of course. How are you meant to manifest something without first conceptualising it?

Using logic to come to sane conclusions is not dragging something down to a low level.

Stop responding at the level of an adolescent just because your beliefs have been questioned in a rational manner.

Love, to me, in metaphysical work anyhow, is a shorthand word for the combined feeling of union/unity, excitement, gratitude, joy, fulfilment, that “high vibrational” state.

If a tree falls in the forest, but there’s no one around to hear it, does it still make a sound? :stuck_out_tongue: How would you experience a spirit’s expression of love if not with your senses – the way your brain conceptualises and makes sense of the three-dimensional world? You can feel things in your body, like your stomach hurts, or your feet are sore, or you have butterflies in your stomach – but that is just your brain interpreting signals from the body. The brain is everything. Just my personal take on it.

Our body is important to transmit emotions to the brain.
Emotions, desires, sensations, fears, all sorts of things start from the brain. But to say that it is all based there is not entirely correct, in my humble opinion. We have a soul, which is much deeper than what others think. A soul that can try and do anything. To limit oneself to matter and say that everything we feel is physical does not reflect the work of the magician who fights physical boundaries and faces spiritual ones.
I always thought that when you really fall in love, it is as if the two souls were attracted. It has nothing to do with a person’s sex, or face, or what’s his name, or where he comes from. It’s something that comes from within.
Of course the body is important, but it is not all there.

1 Like

Lol why does everyone think @DarkestKnight’s explanation is limiting or low level?
I think you’re missing the point. He explained love. He explained what the human term love means and how it works (and it is a human term because a dog may feel the same but he does not know the term “love”).
He did not say that spirits experience nothing, or that your soul is not valid.
Spirits feeling or expressing something we understand as love is simply something completely different than what humans experience. It’s two different things, one not more valuable as the other.

You’re opening folders of different categories, compare them and get upset at the differences.

What we call love is basically the reason why we are alive. Because if a woman didn’t love her child, we would go extinct in no time. It is a chemical reaction in the brain. Does that make it any less beautiful, or any less valuable? No, why would it? It is just the explanation, nothing more.

Spirits (in my experience) love differently. I would describe it as more related to their energy.
We all experience spirits in a different way. Some don’t like AA Michael, AA Michael also does not like some of you. Others however experience Michael as a good friend.
Why is that so? Because your energy either fits a spirit’s energy to an extent, or not.
You might even find a spirit whose energy fits yours so much that you experience that as love. And that is real, just how a mother’s love is real.

2 Likes