Question about familiars

So I have adopted a cat in my neighborhood, she belonged to the neighbors that lived in a few apartments down but they told me that Sylvie (the cat) didn’t like them anymore because they got rid of the other cat because they were having a baby. So they basically passed ownership to me and she is usually either outside or in my room sleeping.

Now the thing is, I feel a strong connection between us, whenever she’s around I just have the overwhelming urge to pet her and give her love, and the look in her eyes shows she is intelligent. I have another cat and love her as well, but there is something about Sylvia that is different, like the bond is stronger than the one with my other cat.

So the question, is it possible she is familiar? Or does she want to be my familiar? If so, is there a ritual I can use to seal the bond?

1 Like

I had figured that familiars were usually animal spirits or similar type spirits? Not sure if a physical cat can be one.

1 Like

I can second this
However if the animal were to be acting along the lines of a spirit or paranormal then perhaps.

For example I have a familiar spirit who takes the form of a bat and sometimes and will physically manifest fly around me and then disappear

(Physical body but acting like a spirit and not a REAL animal or pet)

1 Like