Question about Demon Sigils

I was curious about why certain demon Sigils look the way they do. I’ve noticed when just through a random Google search on the various Sigils, that some seem “unique”, I mean they all seem pretty similar in lines and the curves/etc of the sigil design. But there’s also shapes and patterns to. I’m wondering if there’s a reason why demon Sigils are made/created (when they were) the way they are. If it’s symbolic or anything like that towards the particular demon.

Kinda like how when people make sigils, they can make the design symbolic of what the sigil is supposed to do/represent. Then by this, what could I tell from a sigil – without any research into the demon…if there is any symbolism or anything like that.

1 Like

Apart from the traditional Goetic sigils, there are modern people who create their own sigils, even you can create your own, based on what you think that represents the demon better and the aesthetical canon of your current. As for the old sigils, you can try asking the demons themselves about them

1 Like

Oh, I can create a sigil for a demon to connect with them? Do I need their help/energy to do that or?

It is something that authors have done in their books, for example, Asenath Mason has her own sigils for commonly worked entities, such as Lucifer, Lilith and Belial, hard to draw but pleasing to see. I haven’t done this thing myself, since I almost don’t use sigils at all, but perhaps someone who has done it could guide you better

1 Like

Another thing I’ve noticed. When opening sigils (this has been since basically the first time I opened a sigil), the sigil usually flashes within a few seconds of looking at it (in a relaxed manner). And even if I’m not trying to open it …the lines sometimes sorta glow anyway. This is something I notice in general. (Even if I haven’t ever opened a particular sigil).

In time you can get really creative, calling the powers of Mercury in octagon, or Mars in pentagon… Don’t have to use a circle, or use none and the Chaos can flow freely and expand. Also using colours to talk to the spirits not only shapes and forms is an excellent idea

:snake:

1 Like

That would definitely be interesting to do when I have more knowledge/experienced in such matters for sure!

1 Like

Alchemical symbolism