Question about bone reading

Do you need to be initiated into voudoun in order to use bone reading? This sounds like a pretty cool technique but I’m not in voudoun so I wanted to know if you have to be in it in order to use it.

The short answer is no, but that isn’t entirely accurate.
Bone readings are an ancient part of almost any culture, although all of them tend to have a slightly different way to go about it. So to do a true Voudoun bone reading, yes, you would have to learn from a teacher, thereby being initiated. To do a different kind of bone reading, it really depends. And who knows, maybe you’ll practice and find a type of bone reading that only works for you.

[quote=“DakrVnet, post:2, topic:64”]The short answer is no, but that isn’t entirely accurate.
Bone readings are an ancient part of almost any culture, although all of them tend to have a slightly different way to go about it. So to do a true Voudoun bone reading, yes, you would have to learn from a teacher, thereby being initiated. To do a different kind of bone reading, it really depends. And who knows, maybe you’ll practice and find a type of bone reading that only works for you.[/quote]

I’m inclined to agree with you, I think, not only for teaching, but also some people I know have told me it’s better to be within the egregor of the tradition. At least, that’s my point of view

Hey Defectron!

I agree with DakrVnet … for highly specialized, unique traditions, like Voudoun, I would definitely seek out a Teacher or Patron. But if its the general idea of reading bones that draws you …

Many of the oldest traditions used bones to inscribe their meaningful symbols on for divination purposes. The Norse, Viking tribes and later the Celts, used them for rune divination.

In fact, my earliest divination tool was a set of runes I made myself, but I carved them into circles of wood I cut myself from Holly branches. (I felt an affinity with Holly at the time & was very much involved in protection.)

Point being, if a thing beckons you and won’t let go, and you find it pleasing, its RIGHT for you. Trust Yourself to know what belongs to you.

Dare to be Unique, because you’re intended to be Unique!

Cool, I’m not entirely sure if voudoun is right for me yet. So I think I might want to see about some of these other methods of bone reading. I do know someone who can teach me how to do this.

Voodoo is some bad stuff, I don’t mess with it.

In what sense, Necromaster? Why is it ‘bad stuff’? I know when its presented in movies & the like, it’s portrayed as being Powerful, Intense & often Extreme in terms of results … and it’s very, very old, so there’s Centuries of History … That’s about the extent of my knowledge.

In what sense, Necromaster? Why is it ‘bad stuff’? I know when its presented in movies & the like, it’s portrayed as being Powerful, Intense & often Extreme in terms of results … and it’s very, very old, so there’s Centuries of History … That’s about the extent of my knowledge.[/quote]

Entities that wont go away and do not respond to banishing, psychic attacks, ect… But this is what I have heard. I have never practiced it.

Entities that wont go away and do not respond to banishing, psychic attacks, ect.. But this is what I have heard. I have never practiced it.

I used to think the same of Voudoun. However, E.A. gave a sigil that can be opened and it is said to protect you of bad entities and guide you in Voudoun without having to be initiated. :slight_smile:

[quote=“tania, post:9, topic:64”]

Entities that wont go away and do not respond to banishing, psychic attacks, ect… But this is what I have heard. I have never practiced it.

I used to think the same of Voudoun. However, E.A. gave a sigil that can be opened and it is said to protect you of bad entities and guide you in Voudoun without having to be initiated. :)[/quote]
Tania
Do you have a link to that? I have great thanks for the Loa… but my experience was intense. You dont fuck around with the Loa… While western entities are bound by limits the Loa ARE MOST DEFINITIVELY NOT
BP

The Loa don’t fuck around.

You can do a reading with anything, even some crayons thrown on the floor(black and red of course haha), but a Bone reading in this way is very specific with the Bones being possessed by the Loa.

Zoe…I wouldn’t say it is “bad” just very powerful…Working with those entities, whether through Voudoun, Santeria, Candomble, Palo, etc…is not meant for everyone…I was introduced to some of the basics when I was 16…Had also gotten some readings done from different people, still do sporadically…The results are always the same information being passed…So, I must say…at least for me, I can vouch for it’s accuracy…I have been given advice before, and not acted upon it, and been spiritually scolded in another reading by an entirely different person…

I don’t understand why people think certain paradigms only work on certain entities. Symbols don’t have power in and of themselves, it is the universal laws that they represent…which are pretty universal. It’s like saying a nuclear blast will kill one race of people but not another because the other race doesn’t believe in fission.