Pros and Cons of the Bible

It’s a book with power in it. Like any other tool though it’s your belief that empowers it.

Pros:

Safe. Compared to many other systems it’s safe especially since believers believe they are always protected though their paranoia for demons and evil spirits does affect this safety.

Powerful magick. I recall a type of Magick using psalms which is very effective.

Yahweh is actually a nice entity when you stop feeding the egageore version of him.

Can be very inspiring. I know plenty of people who use quotes from the Bible to draw inspiration in dark times.

Cons:

Extremism but this happens in all faiths.

Imo it’s meh like most othet religous books. Not saying it’s not powerful but it doesn’t always resonate with me perfectly.

You can loose your mind if you get addicted to it. Then again this happens in Magick too.

That’s all I can think of rn

4 Likes

what I don’t get is “An I for a I” … is that a iphone or a ipad?
Just adding my views on the books contents in a light hearted, even friendly way :upside_down_face:

It’s still a war, imho.

Even if it’s not true, I think we might just be at war with ourselves. People’s egos and the natural rules of the universe can get in the way (by causing great problems, like wars, for example).

Everyone offered great perspectives. Thanks.

Pros:

• Contains keys to hermetic knowledge if you can read between the lines

Cons:

• Really boring
  • People take it literally for some reason?
  • Used to justify the oppression and/or hatred of others
5 Likes

You can use a lot of stories for personal growth, strength and endurance, and doing good deeds to others. If you see the stories for what they are. Legends, myths, tales.

But it gets instrumentalised as the ultimate truth that leads to restrictions and conflict.

6 Likes

What’s the closest real thing that’s really closest to the ultimate truth?

The ultimate truth is what the individual makes it out to be… Free from influences etc too make sound choices based on rationality and common sense…

Thats my opinion

1 Like

Definitely not the bible, bro.

5 Likes

Could the bible be the ultimate truth for the people who make it out to be and make it their reality.
I know it’s twisted, but they don’t know better. To them that’s their truth.

Well Ya, it could be… Although keeping in mind it’s not rational, and not at all based on even the slightest of common sense…

That being said, if they choose “a shortsighted” approach and make it their own… The that’s their reality, or shortcoming of it…

You can take a donkey to the watering hole… You can’t make it drink

Dark regards

1 Like

That’s not what an ultimate truth would be.

There is no ultimate truth.

3 Likes

Then again… What she said!!

The only truth is the one you make it out to be…
The world ultimate probably in this context does not exist…

Makes sense…

Just my opinion.

1 Like

This 100% . It’s as you said stories in lessons. I never believe the Bible because is was of man for man. I always just when to the sources when I learned how to.

4 Likes

This as well :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Pros the Bible made me Hate humans must be Opposite Day funny how a day can turn to the opposite of the Gram cracker isn’t it?

Never worked for me

Ditto

The bible featured people who lacked material things. Happy is not how I would describe them

2 Likes

YES!!! That sums up my view.

1 Like

Anything written by the hand of man can be changed to Man’s will. I have felt this way as a child.

3 Likes

Absolutely, Angelb1083.