Principles of magick

• Energy follows mind
  • Trust your intuition
  • Never give your power away
  • Ask and you shall receive
  • Intention is everything
  • Know yourself

I think all of that is going to be dependent on context to be honest, it’s not so easy to distil it into rules that always pan out the same way.

This is why magick is likened more to art than science. I do think it’s science, but it’s so complex and the details are hard to discern that’s where it’s well approached as art.

Part of the issue is mages want to treat the world and the other people in it as simple and predictable, but they’re constantly changing and also interacting with and changing your energy as much as you change theirs. And when they have changed your magick what you operated on no longer exists exactly as expected so the results can appear confusing.

This is often why magickal goals often takes a balance between a vague “this is the end goal and don’t worry about how” and “I see this specific thing needs to change to reach my goal”.

For the most part, but what that path is is sometimes obscure and what you expect to easy is not and what you thought would be harder is what happens.

Unless it’s correct to doubt it because you can feel it didn’t work. Do not “lust for results” do not FEAR, but do be sensible and trust your intuition.

I don’t understand this view. It conflicts with like attracts like: if you want nothing you’ll get nothing.
What this possibly links with, is that tension restricts energy flow, and restricted energy flow means magick is blocked from happening. So relax and don’t stress it.

Unless you fix that, cut the cords, or end the relationship another way.

Yes, this is relatable as the concept of resonance. But “opposites attract” is also true.

You definitely get out what you put in, but, you have to put that in strategically and with understanding, it’s not a simple might makes right. Same as in the physical.

That is one model for describing it, but not everyone holds this philosophy. I don’t. I think it can look like coincidence, but it’s not, you made it happen. You changed the energy to allow the event to occur in the first place.

3 Likes

Thinking about it, you might like to look into the book The Kybalion for this sort of thing.

1 Like

I don’t understand this view. It conflicts with like attracts like: if you want nothing you’ll get nothing.

This came from a Chaos Magick book, I don’t remember which one. Probably it has to do with firing sigils and then forgetting them.

Thanks for your answer Mulberry :smiley:

In this case I would characterize it more as a tool, or approach, than a principle, and probably is thier way of saying not to doubt when it’s too early to doubt.

It’s opposite approach would be something like affirmations, daily prayers or binaural beats.

Lust for results:

Vs Law of Attraction which you have to keep doing:

The main difference is the lack of fear in the second: same as a repeated ritual, it’s in the design to repeat but if you repeat out of a feeling of lack or failure… you manifest failure because that’s what your energy is being focused on.

You want to protect your energy and be very self aware to avoid this pitfall.

2 Likes

Would this be true for prayer? a prayer out of a feeling of lack or failure manifests failure?

Yes. Actually we were just talking about that over here and I shared a real life example of this happening:

1 Like

I have the same feeling. :grinning: As a bad medium, I’m hyperempathetic to a paranormal level. Whenever I enter a church with some people inside, I start to perceive desperation, sorrow, heaviness, a very thick ambience, oppressiveness… and I think that nothing good can ever came out from so much negativity.

Yet, giving thanks in a Christian prayer for a future positive outcome sounds very weird :grin:

In this case, if you were to burn a sigil, your intention could be stated in past tense with a positive result ‘my company increased profits by a 200% this month’. Perfect!

However, you can’t tweak a prayer like that :laughing: ‘holy archangel Zadkiel, thank you because my company increased profits by a 200% this month’. I mean, it’s an archangel, not your company’s bitch.

You should include some begging and reverence in the prayer. IMO. And begging, again, usually is out of desperation.

Ask and you shall receive.

Personally, I keep it all present tense, as the past and future aren’t here, one is gone and the other hasn’t happened yet, so only the now really exists.

This is the idea behind saying “So mote it be” or “And so it is” (my version taken from Lightworker practices) to close out a statement of intent.

1 Like

Ok :grinning: How would you re-tweak the company morning prayer? ‘holy archangel Zadkiel, please bring us a 200% profit increase this month - amen / so mote it be’. Like this?

I wouldn’t as I don’t pray, personally. I don’t believe in worship or devotional practices, when they are used to give your power away, and you grovel as if you are less than.

For the Christians you bring in gratitude and confidence for gifts already delivered and on their way to manifesting.

I’ve broken bread with born again Christians and it goes something like “Thank you, oh Lord, for Your abundance and grace, for Your beneficence for our business, as we endeavor to serve You and spread Your Holy Word and Grace, for Your Glory and Yours alone. Amen

No angels here, these are Christians they pray to “God” with a capital G, don’t even know Elohim is a plural and never asked why it demanded of them not to worship the other Elohim. Don’t forget Christians don’t take credit for anything they only get anything good because “God willed it” and was “merciful” and “made his face to shine upon them”.

Interestingly Amen means “so mote it be” and is similar in energy, if performed correctly which it rarely is, to the druid Awen and the Buddhist Aum/Om. The vibrations seem to be beneficial but the magical and meditative aspect is lost in many modern Christen practices while it’s retained in these others. You can hear in in Gregorian chant. I think there were originally practices in the mystery traditions known to the Christed people like the Jesuses (that’s a title for an enlightened guru not a name) and Mithras, who had his own cult further back as Christianity is the cult of Christ today.

On the other hand, I do see a place for the energy of gratitude, respect and reverence, which I don’t see as the same thing as “worship” though for some there may be no difference. I would put energy into being happy and grateful for the positive things and focus on the positive not what didn’t go right, and on the good things I expect next. In a “it’s happening and it’s inevitable so I can stop worrying” kind of way.

This is akin to affirmations or the Law of Attraction, where you visualize success and not failure and that itself shaped the energy around you to fit. I would not ask or thank Source/the All/God/Tao for anything as it’s not a thinking being you can communicate with at that level and that’s pointless in my mind, which makes it pointless for me just because I think it is.

If I’m going to ask for changes that I’m not seeing and I will do that too, then I would get into ritual and specifically ask for help from a known entity, that I have evoked, evolved a relationship[ with of some kind, speak directly to them and get answers back, and get advice on how to proceed. Like "Agares I thank you for your continued mentorship and assistance, I ask that you allow X to form his decision in my favour [insert what you want that to be] and look forward to [outcome], he naturally and easily wants to do as I will. [spend time daydreaming, visualizing and feeling the results of the outcome as if they are here now and you just heard about it] And so it is"

4 Likes

No. The Bible provides the correct process for prayer in Mark 11:24-25:

“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer; believe you have received it and it will be yours.”

In others words, you would say something like, “Thank you, Zadkiel, for the 200% profit increase we have received. Amen”

2 Likes

Ok, this makes sense :grinning:

Good one DarkestKnight :grinning: Basically, Mark is describing the Law of attraction in few words.

…and yet, this ‘prayer’ sounds weird :grinning:

BTW, Christians only pray to God (one Elohim) because it’s a monotheistic religion. They can request angels and saints for intercession, though.

I introduced an angel (maybe unconsciously) on the matter because I once perceived a positive entity that was very closed to the classic description of angels.

This one is the most powerful spirit I’ve ever perceived so far. It was huge so overwhelming that the perception was almost visual. Since then, I’ve been trying to find the way to put one of these entities on my corner, with no success. It’s a complex topic.

This is incorrect. They also pray to Jesus, and the Mother Mary who are, in essence, deified humans according to their own mythology.

Which is what prayer is :joy:

Indeed, at least for catholics. I was in a church a little while ago (not a very common occurence for me). There were at least 7 little nooks with a statue of a saint, some “spell candles” ready to be lit and description for what reason you should pray to this saint (Illness in the family, better income for your children etc.) and the prayer you should recite.

Very wrong. You call it ‘prayer’ in plain terms but Christians worship only God.

In Christian religion, God, Jesus and The Holy Ghost are the same. It is the Holy Trinity. You can worship any of them because they are the same.

It is not a worshiping prayer. It is a request for intercession. When you pray a Hail Mary you say;

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death. Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

You’re not worshiping the Virgin Mary, you’re asking the Virgin Mary to pray for us, sinners.

And this is important when it comes to this religion because worshiping any other thing than God is idolatry. This is common among some Christian cults. Worshiping Virgin Mary like a goddess is idolatry (opus dei do this). Worshiping Santa Muerte is idolatry.

Back to angels, it is a big mistake to pray/evoke or treat them like gods or demigods.

Of course, Angels are not exclusive property of the Christian religion, but they are supposed to have stayed under God’s command. By treating them like if they were God Himself, you’re going to piss off a very powerful entity.

On the other side, probably a demon would be very pleased to be worshiped and treated like a god. I don’t know because I don’t do lefties.

Same business here. Christians don’t or shouldn’t worship saints. They ‘pray’ to them for intercession. To act as a proxy before God. Exactly the same if asked you to tell God to heal my family. Would you call this praying to you? We do in plain terms and you can call it whatever you want but it is not worshiping.

1 Like

Sorry, but prayer is prayer. Whether for “worship” or “intercession,” it is all the same.

In plain terms is whatever you want. When it comes to worshiping, Christians worship only God. Not saints, not angels and not demons.

Plain or not, you said pray only to god, not worship.
A prayer is a ritual where verbally or non-verbally you turn to a diety or diety-adjecent with a certain intent, wether it is to thank for stuff or ask for stuff. Worship doesn’t necessarily have to come into play.

Are you sure you didn’t just mix up terms and are now trying your best not to admit a mistake? ;p ;p

“All things come to those who want nothing.”

I think this is connected with the emotional attachment to the result - if you want something too badly, it means you are attached to that thing. Which causes a counter-action for the energy to be balanced (means if you wish it more, it’s harder to get).

Some of those principles are from hermeticism… So far, those 7 Hermetic Principles resonate 100% with my way of seeing life, haven’t found anything missing.

2 Likes

I feel the same burden when I’m in the church. I feel sorrow at the graveyards as well. I think that’s normal, people feel such heavy energies… Many don’t pay attention to that and accept it as their own feeling.

But I feel different in Buddhist monasteries… Totally different, more like an empty, calm space full of potential. Sometimes I just get new ideas in the temple and they manifest in the next 1-2 days without any effort. That’s why I think the mind is so powerful if there is not too much subconscious burden loaded during life. Or if the person clears subconscious/emotional mess…

1 Like