Prayers and Invocations

Some Grimoires recommend prayers at fixed times (eg. Grimorium Verum) and austerities three days in advance of rituals.
Is this helpful or compatible in working with the Book of Azazel?
Thanks in advance

[quote=“Student_of_Goetia, post:1, topic:528”]Some Grimoires recommend prayers at fixed times (eg. Grimorium Verum) and austerities three days in advance of rituals.
Is this helpful or compatible in working with the Book of Azazel?
Thanks in advance[/quote]

If it works for you and gets you ‘there’, I would say yes. Evoking Eternity would probably classify that as “ritual immersion”, which will help make your will absolute and make success much more likely.

So…

Helpful? I would say probably yes, as long as you find them helpful to you.

Compatible? I haven’t studied the BoA, so I can’t answer that definitively, but probably yes so long as your prayers/austerities don’t interfere with your ritual goals and workings.

Necessary? No. It may be very helpful to you now, and if it is, use it. But when it starts getting in your way, drop it and move on.

I agree with redcircle.
I’d like to add that prayers are particularly useful if you say them to yourself. As in take the time to write out a proper letter to yourself describing what ever it is you want to actualise what ever that is. Much like using sigils this works best when it is written in present tense and contains no negatives ( that is “I am focus during ritual work” as opposed to “when I perform a ritual I won’t be distracted”)

In my experience what you put into your head directly effects your reality, if say a prayer like the above everyday it makes a difference. This is pretty much the whole (scientific) explanation behind mantra too, if you a repeating a name of god that has meaning to you over and over your subconscious is going to start actualising god in your life, how ever you interpret that concept.