Posture issues and chakra work

I am having trouble with chakra work. I have scoliosis, and while it’s not severe, sitting with my spine straight is torturously painful for me. This causes me problems during meditation and chakra work, because the pain always creeps in, and either breaks my focus briefly, or I find myself squirming around. I also have trouble, as one can imagine, meditating at my altar for working on anything. It’s just a big mess, and I sometimes end up trying to work in bed, hoping the spirits understand why I’m not directly in front of my altar, even though I set everything up, and do everything else.

But, I cannot align my spine, for very long anyway, to do chakra work in the recommended way. It’s driving me nuts.

Are you able to lie down? if you are, do so and then visualize yourself as seated with your spine aligned properly and do whatever chakra work you do. Visualizing your body and your chakras will have the same effect as if you are stimulating them directly because energy always follows the mind.

It’s similar to working with the aura. You can’t see it, but you visualize it around you, and see it changing to whatever effect you’re trying for. That will work with your chakras too.

4 Likes

Thank you for your help. I will do that.

1 Like

I have scoliosis as well and visualization works great for me. I also have a mini altar set for bedside use when I’m in too much pain to use my main altar.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m glad to know visualization helps you. I’ve been thinking about converting my bedside table to a small altar, as well. If I can keep my cat off it, anyway!

1 Like

I know what you mean, my cat is a bit of a terror sometimes. I keep mine in a small case and only have it out when I’m using it so I don’t have to worry about him knocking a candle off or something.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Thank you both for your help. I think I will start doing all of this, and it will be very helpful to me. Working without being in pain would be so much better, I know I will be able to focus better, to help improve my skills.

2 Likes