Poppy seeds substitute?

Poppy seeds are illegal at where I’m at. Does anyone know of any other herbs that could be a good substitute?

1 Like

Try lavender, they are both relaxants.

1 Like

Even if it’s for baneful purposes?

1 Like

I don’t need many details but what are you using it for? Baneful how?

1 Like

Oh, hmmmm, I’m not sure. I just looked up the properties of poppy, and as an opioid its major ability seems to lie in sedation, so lavender and camomile were the first two things that came to mind. Great question though. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

I’m guessing it’s confusion? Poppy seeds are for confusing the target. You can substitute blueberries.

Don’t forget foxglove and mistletoe also. Make sure you bless these items otherwise the properties aren’t going to be active.

4 Likes

Mistletoe, excellent idea. That one feels really right.

1 Like

Are you speaking of purpose (intent) or speaking from a flavor perspective?

1 Like

It’s a great addition :grinning:

1 Like

Intent. Otherwise you could throw the ingredients at someone and curse them easily. And you wouldn’t eat blueberries or poppy seeds again would you? Baptizing or blessing their intention is key.

Thanks anyway :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! I actually read that black mustard seeds have the same purpose too but I’ll try blueberries, foxglove and mistletoe

2 Likes

Purpose

1 Like

Good luck! If you have any black arts oil that would be great too. Hoodoo is very forgiving and you have quite a bit you can use. Alum is another, salt peter, wasps nest, vinegar even bleach.

Happy Hexing :black_heart:

• X
4 Likes

If your using Poppy seeds for planetary use, just find a suitable replacement with lunar qualities i.e. Alum(as mentioned above),Morning glory, lily. However if its for what I think it is (insighting confusion) try using charred sesame seeds.

2 Likes