Pomba gira

My girl friend recently broke up with me and after all I’ve been so lost … I want to get her back now and I want to try and see if pomba gira can help me . For the offerings do I have to offer her everything or is it what I have ? I have cigarettes and milk chocolate or how will it work ?

1 Like

Welcome @Nancyhh. Please introduce yourself in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. It is a rule of this forum.

After you’ve done introducing yourself, search for threads in here on how to go about the ritual and offering. It’s just one offering. Many say, red lipstick, cigarettes, chocolate, champagne, roses without thorns work well enough. I’m not entirely sure but you can give one offering before and after the task is completed.

1 Like

Okay that’s what I was a bit confused about huir okay sounds great and I have another question ? Umm after everything is done I need to say the prayer 7 days straight with offerings.

I’m Brazilian and I have worked with Umbanda for 20 years and everyday I see people making a lot of mistakes in working with Pomba-Giras here on the forum daily and blaming those spirits for the lack of results…

The only way of working with any entities of Umbanda and Candomblé is by making an offering, no matter what it is. Also, it demands a ritual. People concentrate on a place called “Terreiro” or “Ylê” and do the rituals there. It involves music, dancing, praying, a respectful act that’s called “bater cabeça”, sometimes the spirits possess the Yalorixá or the Babalorixá, and a lot of other stuff. You can pray for the spirits, of course this can help, but you should consider an offering. Also, those prayers found on the internet are very different that the ones we do on the Terreiro, so you should let them out and do one for yourself. Also, you should consider putting a “Ponto” to run while you do the offering and prayers, since it’s the music that pleases the spirits.

Also, another confusion that people outside Brazil does is that there’s only one Pomba-Gira. Pomba-Gira is a whole category of spirits and there are many entities with this name. Pomba-Gira Navalha, Pomba-Gira Maria Padilha, Pomba-Gira das Almas, Pomba-Gira Sete Saias, Pomba-Gira da Encruzilhada, Pomba-Gira Menina, Pomba-Gira Cigana, Pomba-Gira Rainha do Inferno…

I would advise you to just use another spirit that’s more “accessible” for you. Pomba-Giras are very powerful, high success rate, but they demand some specificities that you probably can’t match right now. I advise on using some Goetia demons, like Sallos, for example. Look in the forum for successful cases of people returning and copy them.

7 Likes

your think I shouldn’t do it than

So trying to call on her is not advised but are the others as effective?

@Mulattobabe02 Please introduce yourself properly in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area and tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. I see you have already made 15 posts without doing so. It is a rule of this forum and not optional.

I did write an introduction,are you talking about when replying to a post?

You did not do a proper introduction. You posted in a bunch of threads, rather than your own new topic.

Ok well I can’t edit it so if I’m asking a question on somebody’s post I have to start by saying my name,cause I don’t see everybody else doing that

You need to post a proper introduction in a new topic, telling us something about yourself beyond your name and any experience you have with magick. What you have posted in someone else’s thread does not be the criteria.

1 Like

Ok

Hi. I have no problem doing the offerings. I want to do the incantation to pomba gira. On the candle, do I write my love one name? Do I also make the sign of the cross before I do the incantation? What do I do with the offerings after? How many days do I say the incantation for? Do I leave the candle to burn out?

Welcome @cuttencandy It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so please click the link below and tell us about yourself and any experience you have in magick ie what you practice, how long you have practised, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Hell Isamo_minami, I am extremely interested in working with Pomba-Gira but like you said, there is a lot of information that I still need to learn.

I wanted to ask what is the “Ponto” that we need to put on to please the spirits? I want to be respectful in every way and I want to make sure not to insult any spirits.

Thank you!

A ‘Ponto’ is a song. It is a ritualistic song that is specially designed and consecrated to an entity, in a way that it’s deeply connected to it. There are many different pontos for each entity (or spirit, god, deity), and many terreiros have their own individual pontos, but something that’s common to all of them is the rythm. You will find pontos being used for many, many different purposes.

Some ones are used for purification, before the ritual takes place; others are used to greet the entity when it arrives at the terreiro so that possession can take place, when it also serves as a tool to “get everyone in the mood”. You can also listen to pontos in order to connect yourself to the energies of a specific entity, or to purify your house.

Here are two pontos:

The first is one for Pomba-Gira Maria Padilha:

This second one is for Ogum (a central deity) and is used for purification:

1 Like

Thank you so very much!!!

can I ask which Pomba Gira would be best in a love situation? ( more specificcaly in the return of an ex?)

Thank you <3

You’re welcome!

I’m sorry, I unfortunately don’t know the answer to your question. Even after some research, the info is quite contradictory. Some sources say that you shouldn’t ask a Pomba-Gira to help you regarding a specific person, while others say it’s fine; different sources mention different Pomba-Giras, etc.

So, since this is a serious topic and I’m not versed in working with these entities, I can’t safely tell you how to proceed with that. But there is probably some useful info on this forum regarding that (not on Pomba Giras, specifically, but regarding your problem).

Thats ok, THank you for your honesty and your help <3 <3

1 Like