Pomba Gira and men

I have a question for you knowledgeable people - I started a seven day prayer ritual to Pomba Gira but unfortunately I had to go out of town on the third night and have missed two nights of the ritual. With my sincere apologies can I go back to Pomba Gira and continue the 7 days or should I start again with my apologies?

Thanking you in advance.

3 Likes

I’l just add, when it comes to the nature of these things where probability is low, try to incorporate something that is more of you. In a greater context, 7 days of praying and offering is very superficial.

4 Likes

I came to feed my curiosity :grinning:

Isamo is the knowledgeable one here :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Well, along the lines of what I offered was also with my admitting that I’m a white male and probably have no business calling the aid of such an entity. However I stated I give respect, thanks and praise as well as what I promised to offer as humble as anyone. I’m working on trying to make it a little more personal from my end but that’s a little challenging. I’m thinking of drawing my own depiction but don’t want to offend if it came out bad :no_mouth:

3 Likes

First: Thank you all for the compliments but I’m not that knowledgeable. I’m still learning, still in the process. About Umbanda and Quimbanda, they are my religions in the past (not today because I choose to seek my own path, but I still in touch with his deities very often).

@Cleo If you break your vow with any entity you have to call them, apology and then asking to start a new one. You have to start from the very beginning. And please, be serious when you form a pact. You have to be prepared for any adversity that comes in your way. If the problem is travel, take the materials needed for your travel and arrange a time to do your prayers. That’s not only for Umbanda/Quimbanda deities but for anyone else.

@AtlantisFrequency I know that seems too little effort but here in Brazil, I have seen people doing less and achieving more. Let me explain:
Umbanda has one segment called “Quimbanda”, that so-called “left hand of Umbanda”. There we have a lot of cults in specific temples called “Terreiros” (it means “yard”, but the literal meaning is very different, so we call Terreiro even in English). There, we have Babalorixás and Yalorixás (Pai-de-Santo and Mãe-de-Santo, which means "Father and Mother of Saints), and they’re the highest echelon of the religion, so they “care” of the Terreiro. Of course, they have more direct contact with those entities and they even can get “possessed” by them (and believe in me, is something beautiful to see). In some of that opportunities, I have seen a lot of offerings for Pomba-Giras. A lot of times, Maria Padilha asked only for a good Sidra (a very, very cheap version of champagne here in Brazil), and them this people becomes, out from nowhere, sexy. Just for sitting, listening to Maria Padilha or Cigana and offering some Sidra. That’s one of the powers of Pomba-Gira: bringing sexuality to your life.

Obviously, some Exu will ask you a lot, like a great banquet as offering. But if some ask you too much, then probably is not really an Exu there but a charlatan.

@spiritofjj She will be more happy with your self-improvement than with any huge offering or sacrifice made. And, obviously, with some dedication in your relationship with her (as any other entity). The error of some people is to call any entity just in need and left them behind after that. Maybe you’ll be attended once or two, but this lucky will not last.

So, improve yourself, give some attention to your relationship with her, do whatever is in your pact with her and it’ll be fine.

9 Likes

Thank you xx

3 Likes

I’m living here now, sure you can pm me

2 Likes

Hello Isamo_Minami.
Do you think that if I ignore my ex-fiancé when he tried to contact me today it was a way of insulting Pomba-Gira? I got a bit freaked out when he called me after texting me twice within 20 minutes. I read in your response here that we should allow our love interest to chase us. So I took that to not be so weak and available at all times. I am confident that he will start to contact me again and I truly feel that Pomba-Gira is not upset but as this is the first time I am invoking her and asking for her help I am not familiar with how sensitive her temper is.
I love all your posts by the way…very insightful!

3 Likes

Welcome @Hijodeyemaya. Please take a moment to post an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us a bit about yourself and any magical experience you may have. It is a rule of this forum.

1 Like

Can you help me? I am having a tough time finding my way around this… I know it may sound silly, but I do not see how to do this?

Click the star beside this topic title. It will take you to the main screen. On the right you will see a big grey button that says New Topic. Click it, and when the box comes up, choose the New Magician section from the drop down menu. Then write your intro.

1 Like

Got it!!! Thank you!!!

1 Like

@Hijodeyemaya yes… and no! lol

You don’t have to show any desperation so you have to control yourself when you talk to him. Sometimes you have to be not available and let him chase you. But you can’t miss the chance because you don’t wanna to piss her. Of course, you have to wait for the target to call you, to search you, but you don’t have to think that he will come like a dog chasing some meat. He still has his self-esteem. Remember it.

Since you felt that’s ok, probably it will be ok. But don’t overdo it. Next time talk to him and be open. Everything will be fine.

2 Likes

@Isamo_Minami thank you for this response… I have been having a very rough day! I am very connected and intuitive. However, today has been extremely difficult. I had a very amazing night before I started building her altar. She came to me in dreams and her presence was definitely in my room all night. Every time I woke up I felt her presence. I know that I was successful in contacting her. I just want to make sure that I am not shitting on the favor she is providing me with. Thank you so much for answering my question!

1 Like

Pomba Gira has helped EA Koetting and I dont think he is a a mãe de santo ou a pai de santo…check out his youtube video about the chicken feet curse she taught it to him

As a black magician you can work with and initiate yourself into any current of your choosing, so I am just leaving this here as to not discourage people who are not a mãe de santo ou a pai de santo to work with her should they feel called to

1 Like

Hello Isamo,
I’m brand new to the Forum and brand new to magic. I attempted the Pomba Gira ritual, but I’m not certain I managed to invoke her. How can I tell whether what I was doing was correct, whether I got her attention? It has only been 6 day since the ritual completion, so perhaps the work is being done I just cannot see it yet. Any advice, words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thank you.

If everything went well, you probably did. Sometimes, people get signs, others get nothing at all. And that’s fine.

You can always evoke one Pomba-Gira to be with you. As a good Brazilian spirit, they like a “ponto”, a short song made in order to pray the spirits. It’s like an “enn”, but with rhythm and rhyme. I say “they” and “them” because Pomba-Gira, in fact, is referred to a whole effigy, that means a whole specific “class” of spirits.

So, if you want, you can sing one ponto for her (if you want, search for it on youtube as "Ponto de Pomba Gira). Since the pomba-gira is a whole effigy, you’ll find “pontos” for the effigy itself and for the specific spirits, like Maria Padilha, Maria Navalha, Cigana and etc. If you called one specific pomba-gira, choose her “ponto”. If you called for the whole effigy, look for a ponto for it. But I would advice to call a specific one and ask her if she or any other Pomba-Gira took your offering and are helping you in your case.

Just do this: take a ponto and put it on your cell phone loud enough for you to hear and sing together. Sing it knowing that she’ll be with you, have “faith” on it. Sing with the intention of calling her. Keep calling her and sometime you’ll feel something. You’ll now that she is there with you. Then, ask her and just use any divination method that you want (double check the forum for it, there’s tons out here) for a “yes or no” answer.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for a prompt response. I really appreciate it,
Just a follow up question-when I sign a ponto for her - do I need to light candles/leave offerings afterwards?
Typically, how long does it take to see results of Pomba Gira’s work?
Please let me know and thanks again!

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply.

When we’re on the terreiro, we give offerings for any entities that we’re working as a token of appreciation.

But you don’t need to do it. Just light a candle and sing her ponto. But if you’re going to ask something, you should offer something.

Also, time is a very subjective matter in magic. It can take 1 week, it can take 1 year, it can take many years in order to you get your desired results. Some Babalorixá and Ialorixá says that things starts to work after 21 days, but it doesn’t makes sense since I don’t know any spirits which have calendars…

So, if you’re going to work with her and it’s too much worried about time, you should do a divination. But remember that your lust is an obstacle and it affect any spells you do dramaticaly.

So do it and just forget about it.

1 Like

Hello, I am a gay man and i want to bring closer to me another guy i’m in love with, can Pomba Gira help me or she works for straight men only?

2 Likes